The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wasted 3 years of my life doing nothing

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
Actually... here is a small helpful thing that I did that might help you too:

change the passwords you use online and transform them into something you are
forced to type every day...

I am using something along the line like:

"NeverGiveUpYourNameHERE" - some powerful phrase that reminds you
that there is always a way to move forward!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommy Venable

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 12, 2015
Washington DC
I felt the same way back in 2008 when I got the pink slip. "Woe is me... blah, blah, blah..." Until I heard the voice. No not from God. But from my deceased father who was a Marine. He told me to get my head out of my a$$ and do something about it, no one is going to do it for you. Life keeps moving with or without you. So I went to the bathroom and pulled my head out of my a$$. My advice to you, stop whining. Do something about it.

Baku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2014
Poland
Congratulations, if you are on the bottom, can't be lower. Now it's time to grow. Grow is good. Now is now, past is nothing. 3 years of wasted life is long time, but on the other hand.. the most people waste entire life and they don't even know it.
You know what was bad, so you can imagine what is good. When you can do this, you can paint this image.

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
I used to throw pity parties. A lot of them. Each time I was done feeling sorry for myself, I would realize that I was back where I started at the beginning of the party. Nothing solved. I still get down from time to time, but am much better at standing back and removing myself from that zone, knowing that it's completely detrimental and counterproductive. I look for distractions in music, inspirational videos, or simply go see some friends (positive ones). Change your surroundings and associations.

I wake up every morning and ask myself one question. "What are you going to do today to become the person you want to be?" If I don't already have an answer, I come up with one fast.

Nobody is going to fix your situation, but you. How much longer are you going to wait?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Just ask yourself

4974730.png

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Hello everyone,

This is my first real post on this wonderful forum. I am a loser (I think) on a personal, professional level.

After coming to terms with the fact that I wasted my time with a girl who I fell for (she used me and she was not even my girlfriend ), I became depressed, doing nothing from the past 3 years (no job). I always keep on thinking about the mistakes I made in that bad phase. I am possibly in the lowest phase of my life, have zero money and nothing to show for the last 3 years.

I want to ask you wonderful people, how do we make up for lost years ? This is a serious question, I am ready to do whatever it takes to redeem myself for the agony I caused myself during the last 3 years. I have no business, am not making money.

Should I assume for a loser like me , I should do the sidewalk and get a job. But still I want to compensate for the time I lost. It's absolutely killing me. Please advice.

P.S I can take harsh, please give it to me.

You obviously have no self confidence since you said yourself that you are a loser. People take queues on how to look/treat you by how you look at yourself. Why would anyone want to work/be with you if you refer to yourself as a loser? You need to be your own #1 fan. Look at all the negative in your life, and take baby steps correcting each of these.

What you need to do is change your mindset. You can say that "blah blah I'm a loser, I've done nothing". "should a loser like me...".

If you HONESTLY feel like a loser, take all the negative energy and use it to your advantage. Say to yourself "well this is a feeling a never want to feel again". Use this mindset to change your life 1 THING AT A TIME. Change can happen extremely slowly.

Sorry for the rant haha. PM me if you want to discuss more.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
You seem to be aware of your situation and posting about it also means you recognize its effect and shows a desire for change.
You already know what you gotta do, take a deep breath, calm down and move on. Take the lessons learned and don't look back.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
Just move forward. Sounds too simple to be anything but glib, offhand crap; but it is the best thing to do. just go forward.

I've blown a few years here and there. It happens. People lose years to bad relationships, drugs, jail, injury, depression, all sorts of things. Once you realize "Damn! I screwed that up." you are on the path to getting past it. I'm not going to get into what holes I fell down, but I've fallen down too. It's not the end of your life unless you decide that it is. just got up, brush it off, and move forward.

Read nothing but positive books and useful information. Likewise, skip the news and watch Tony Robbins on youtube. Choose a path and walk it yourself. So you dropped a couple of years on some toxic woman. Big-friggin-deal. That does not make you a loser. It means your human and you took a wrong turn. Cut the "Oh I'm a loser" crap and stand on your hind legs and walk.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
You came up with something from those 3 years, knowledge and experience. The past is in the past and you must looked passed it. You've been knocked off your horse, get back on it.

Flora

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 5, 2015
Grove, OK
When the name calling judge that sometimes resides in my head comes out to play. I stop for a second and ask myself "Would I call my daughter or mother a loser? Would I call my best friend a loser?" The answer every time is "hell no" so why in the world would you call yourself names or criticize your 3 year learning curve. The next time 'name calling' shows up picture yourself calling a child that name and snap out of it.

Sas78664

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

This is my first real post on this wonderful forum. I am a loser (I think) on a personal, professional level.

After coming to terms with the fact that I wasted my time with a girl who I fell for (she used me and she was not even my girlfriend ), I became depressed, doing nothing from the past 3 years (no job). I always keep on thinking about the mistakes I made in that bad phase. I am possibly in the lowest phase of my life, have zero money and nothing to show for the last 3 years.

I want to ask you wonderful people, how do we make up for lost years ? This is a serious question, I am ready to do whatever it takes to redeem myself for the agony I caused myself during the last 3 years. I have no business, am not making money.

Should I assume for a loser like me , I should do the sidewalk and get a job. But still I want to compensate for the time I lost. It's absolutely killing me. Please advice.

Nothing you gained knowledge from is a waste of time. I don't think so anyway. We live and we learn. We get wiser and more cautious. Get over the past and start thinking about how you want to spend today and tomorrow so that you don't feel again tomorrow like you do today.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Hello everyone,

You'll forget all of your failures when you succeed.

Stop bitching and achieve something.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
2015 to 2021.
Big bump… long time. Wondering what happened in between.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hmmm....

I think for me it wasn't about looking at my "why's" more than "why not" - what I mean by that is this...

You've got one life, one chance here on this planet, even if you believe in reincarnation, this is it!

So, with that said, armed with that knowledge, what do you do about it?

You figure out how to get your brain to do this sh*t it needs to, to create the life you want.

Easier said than done but simple in terms of what needs to be done.

For me, I came from a lot of negativity so my mind was/is geared towards making my default state magnetized to negativity like depression, apathy, fear etc. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't feel anxiety and low-levels of fear.

So to shine a light on you for a second I don't judge you but I offer you an insight into perhaps why you feel like what you said, being...

"I became depressed, doing nothing from the past 3 years (no job). I always keep on thinking about the mistakes I made in that bad phase. I am possibly in the lowest phase of my life, have zero money and nothing to show for the last 3 years."

Okay, you're addicted.

So how you beat this addiction (habit), is by breaking the habit of being yourself!

I recommend the works of Dr. Joe Dispenza and then I recommend getting a job, once that's done, you'll start getting addicted to new things that will push you away from a failure loop in your mind & body, which in turn will force you towards more good stuff.

Right now, do this: close your eyes, take deep breaths in and really feel that you are alive!

Now, KNOW this, when you die and you will, we all will at some point. You take absolutely NOTHING with you, you are not your accomplishments, possessions, accolades or profession(s), all of it is an illusion, so don't make your foundation to what YOU are be built from an illusion - We are more! That said, why not dedicate your life to becoming greater, doing more, having more and maybe helping others along the way? Exactly right!

So, If you're alive you can change and should change don't let nothing or nobody; even yourself tell you otherwise!

Peace and I hope you find and create more peace in your life and the lives of others.

Check this video out by MJ for a framework:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_58zPgArb4

*Also be careful of how many people you 'learn' from, keep it simple and follow a few mentors that teach different things - it will help clear up your mental ram which is vital when you are depressed or low.

EllaMiller

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 14, 2021
Hello everyone,

P.S Smart POS system – Smart point of sale terminal - Elly POS I can take harsh, please give it to me.

Being lost and depressed never makes you a loser. Because healing takes time and every situation in our life has a purpose, a lesson. You always learn from mistakes. So embrace it and try harder.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.