The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has your ME-BIAS backed you into a corner of doing nothing?

Mountaintea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 24, 2022
It is pretty much basic social eq stuffs being condensed.

Be nice. Make others feel wanted and being important, remember their names. Talk in term of their needs not yours.

It is still useful because common senses are not so common after all.
Totally agree with you!
It's a good reminder.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheWalker

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 3, 2021
Where do you feel stuck mate?
That's a great question. Somehow on multiple levels...

First, as the thread implies I do not see the opportunities to pursue. The ones I have pursued turned up badly. Maybe ignorance, maybe giving up too early but problably wanted to project my own reasons why something should work into the marketplace. I'm kind of in a bubble because of some past decisions not many social connections left and due to health reasons cannot do sports or a lot of activities (f*cked up my back and now I'm restricted in how much I can lift/how long I can sit and even stand, need constant movement and change in position from time to time)
Second, the things I'm doing feel as if they lead nowhere and as if I get nowhere. Time and life feels to slips through my fingers and week after week, month after month passes and I do not get anywhere. Maybe I'm too impatiant. All the people here talking about taking action and I sometimes see how fast some people move and this gets me then...

I do say this because this is the situation not to complain or not to feel sorry for myself. I do take steps to fix what can be fixed but also these do feel like they lead nowhere and I'm wasting a lot of energy and time.

Mountaintea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 24, 2022
That's a great question. Somehow on multiple levels...

First, as the thread implies I do not see the opportunities to pursue. The ones I have pursued turned up badly. Maybe ignorance, maybe giving up too early but problably wanted to project my own reasons why something should work into the marketplace. I'm kind of in a bubble because of some past decisions not many social connections left and due to health reasons cannot do sports or a lot of activities (f*cked up my back and now I'm restricted in how much I can lift/how long I can sit and even stand, need constant movement and change in position from time to time)
Second, the things I'm doing feel as if they lead nowhere and as if I get nowhere. Time and life feels to slips through my fingers and week after week, month after month passes and I do not get anywhere. Maybe I'm too impatiant. All the people here talking about taking action and I sometimes see how fast some people move and this gets me then...

I do say this because this is the situation not to complain or not to feel sorry for myself. I do take steps to fix what can be fixed but also these do feel like they lead nowhere and I'm wasting a lot of energy and time.
I think you're stuck in a state of comparing yourself too much with other people, which is clouding your mind from taking action. Maybe leave this forum for a while, and get real with yourself. From how you're describing your life situation, I think you're putting yourself too much in a victim role, instead of just taking action.
It's not that there's anything wrong with you, your mind is just coming up with all sorts of excuses, for not taking action.
Make a decision, now and move forward.

TheWalker

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 3, 2021
I think you're stuck in a state of comparing yourself too much with other people, which is clouding your mind from taking action. Maybe leave this forum for a while, and get real with yourself. From how you're describing your life situation, I think you're putting yourself too much in a victim role, instead of just taking action.
It's not that there's anything wrong with you, your mind is just coming up with all sorts of excuses, for not taking action.
Make a decision, now and move forward.
Thank you for your words.
Honestly yes you are right, it is in my head. I'm so focused on the goal (not the goal of having it made, but on the goal of moving in the right direction and having some kind of positive feedback I'm on the right track.) that I constantly worry about it. I'm not often here anymore, it really is my own impatience doing me no favour. I haven't seen my self as the victim... Let's say I do have this way of thinking, may I ask how you would overcome it?

PS: I do take action, today I sent out 200 cold mails for businesses to talk about their issues to discover an idea to pursue. But often times it doesn't lead anywhere...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
My own bias that holds me back is that people from more developed countries have it easier in almost every aspect of their lives. I feel like I have to struggle just to get to where they're already at. And as a consequence, I'm starting at a couple of years of disadvantage.

Also, although I live in a very beautiful country, I tend to focus on the negative aspects of it, like corruption, lack of opportunities, etc, and can't enjoy what my country has to offer.

I know what I say is at least partially true, but it's up to me to use it to my advantage and get stronger and enjoy myself more in the process.
Appreciate that those in developed world were not always there. They took action and made it there.

Our developing world in hindsight has more opportunities for Fastlane, since we have more problems to solve.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.