The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want to know how to make $5000 per month?????

D

DeletedUser394

FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF! :eusa_clap: (Warning: Foul language ahead...no spam though)

Okay, so most of you are aware that I've had mega problems in the past, and still have mega problems now. I've taken a break from thefastlane and what not, and just had fun. Dancing (yeah I like to make a fool out of myself, so what lol), hanging out with friends, video games, watching movies, enjoying the olympics, etc. Sure I also spent a shit load of money that I shouldn't have during this time, but I can't take back what has happened.

So, now I'm back, and I've pinpointed the sources of my problems;

1. I never realized that I AM DYING.

Think about it. No matter how unpleasant (I find it liberating) it is to realize this, the fact remains: Your life is ending one minute at a time.

Do I want to spend my precious days, hours, minutes, and even seconds doing things that do nothing for my goals, my happiness, for me as a person in general? Do I really give a shit about what Judge Judy has to say? Do I really care about who wins an oscar? NO. NO. NO!!!

2. I over analyse

I've been living this way for the past five years, and I've never realized it. I WILL NEVER BE PERFECT. F*ck PERFECT. It is simply BS. No one is perfect, nothing will ever be perfect. There is no right time and no right way to do ANYTHING.

JUST DO. I have a "plan", but won't be afraid to step off the path. There is no straight line to any goal! Things change, SHIT happens all the time. Get over it. Deal with it. Shut up and keep taking action!

3. There is a reaction to every action (or inaction).

I'm failing school. It is so bad now, that I have 0 CHANCE of passing. Why? Because I never go to class, never do the work, and never really care.

But this does not matter to me. I am moving to the other side of the country this summer half way through my college program.

So why do I say this? Because my apathy towards school transcends into EVERY OTHER ASPECT OF MY LIFE.

An Example;

For over 2 years I've wanted to gain weight! Have I??? Not even a pound!! Why? Because;

a) I tried to be perfect. (remember: F*ck PERFECT)
b) I over analysed (so much so that I lost interest out of fear of deviating from my "plan")
c) I never actually DID anything to advance me to my goal of gaining weight

4. I READ TOO MUCH

I read, I reread, I rereread.... NO MORE OF THIS CRAP. I realize and can be 10000% honest.....The reason I read and plan, is because I AM SCARED.

I'll admitt it. I'm F*cking terrified of not having control. I'm terrified of not knowing what to do, when to do it, how to do it, etc.

I'm scared shittless of failing. I'm scared of being laughed at, ridiculed, or put down like I have in the past.

But then I realized. F*ck THAT, F*ck THEM, AND F*ck YOU! (unless you are a friend/supporter of course :smug2:)

I don't care what ANYONE THINKS anymore...within reason. For instance, I'm not going to walk around like I'm king of the world. I'm going to walk around like I'm king of MY WORLD.

I might not be able to control some events in my life, past, present, and future. BUT I CAN CONTROL MY REACTIONS AND MY ACTIONS, in order to have more positive outcomes.

ALL THIS TO SAY;

I'M DONE WITH THE PITY PARTY. MY "FRIENDS" COMPLAIN WITH A "WHOAS ME" ATTITUDE ALL THE TIME....SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

I WON'T LET WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME IN THE PAST, DETERMINE WHO I AM OR WHAT I DO IN THE FUTURE.

I'M NOT CHANGING TOMORROW. I'M CHANGING RIGHT THIS VERY INSTANT...I want to gain weight? Okay, so I'm walking to the kitchen once I post this to eat something NOW.

I don't have time for bull shit anymore. I will no longer dish out and bs, and I REFUSE TO TAKE ANY. I'm not afraid of losing "friends". There are so many great people in this world, that I don't have to put up with crap. I simply must find better friends.

SO HERE'S TO DYING! HURRAY FOR REALIZING THAT AS MUCH AS I'D LIKE TO THINK...I WILL NEVER BE PERFECT, I WILL NEVER HAVE TO RIGHT ANSWERS TO ANYTHING, AND I REALLY DON'T CARE!!!!

I will succeed. I'll admitt. I DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS AS TO HOW... I will discover them along my journey.

If I don't post as often as I used to, it's not because I don't like you guys and galls :rofl:, it's because I'm actually TAKING ACTION...and I'm damn proud :cool:

Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

And.....I no longer make promises that I know I won't keep...whether they are promises to others or myself.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
And.....I no longer make promises that I know I won't keep...whether they are promises to others or myself.

So will you promise us you will take massive action toward your goals?

D

DeletedUser394

So will you promise us you will take massive action toward your goals?

There's no need to promise to do something in the future. I have already begun. It goes beyond that. I simply do not have time to waste. I'm so fed up of being unhappy. I'm fed up of who I am as a person.

"I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired".

I've gone from going to bed at 2-3am, to going to bed at midnight, every night, without exception.

I've stopped "developping the PERFECT workout". I've been working out every single day for the past month, same time, no exception.

I haven't watched television since the olympics...I have no time for that.

I've begun building relationships with people within my fields of interest. I've got rid of some of my "friends" who made me feel like crap. I removed them from my life ENTIRELY. I no longer speak to them, I no longer care about them.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
It is now time to:

1. NOT who you were.
2. NOT who you will be.
3. WHO you are............present tense!

PS............Time to clean-up your language... it only shows immaturity and is very disrespectful to the ladies and degrades the forum as a whole.

BlackKnight

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Ryan-

You're 17. You need to cut yourself a little slack.

From the time I was 16 to the time I was 25, I did a LOT of different things. I was in therapy (very good for me) from 17 to my mid-20s, and this was a great place to examine my actions.

I remember my therapist saying, "OK, so you have abandoned everything you were raised to believe-- your religion, your life goals, how you look at the world-- you've abandoned all that you believed, and are looking at new things. But think about it-- you haven't *really* abandoned everything you were raised with. You still wear clothes, still brush your teeth, and still eat and drink . . ."

Her point was right on, but I was distracted by one of her comments: For my entire life, I had NEVER brushed my teeth. Brushing my teeth is something I'd just started, in the midst of "recreating" my entire life.

My point?

Hmmmm . . . .. there was a point here . . . ;)

My point is:

This is the time of your life to TRY NEW THINGS.

(within reason, bubba. Don't hurt anyone, and try not to hurt yourself)

But it's OK to try out different things-- otherwise, how will you know what you like/enjoy?

I realize the focus on the fastlane is "set goals, accomplish those goals, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS".

But I'm suggesting something different, for you:

Explore life.

Things you like today, you may not like tomorrow. Or next year.

And you wanna know something?

THAT'S OK. Totally OK.

Because how will you know what you like/don't like if you don't try new things?

You're learning new stuff every day.

And you're changing, as a person.

Who you are today is different than who you were a year ago. Or even a month ago.

THAT'S OK.

It's part of growing up/learning about yourself.

Cut yourself some slack.

I know your home environment is a real challenge. And I know that makes it hard.

But also know that this stuff makes you stronger-- and builds your character, as a person.

IF-- IF you can keep it all together.

Which is no easy thing, when you're growing so much.

Growing is good.

Trying new things is good.

Explore. Experience.

And through it, learn how to love the guy you are.

Learning how to love myself was the hardest thing I've ever done. Took me 10 years to even feel like I was making progress.

And it something I still work on-- all the time.

Hang in there, buddy.

You're worth it. :thumbsup:

-Russ H.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Russ said:

IF-- IF you can keep it all together.

Ryan, you have GREAT potential....more than most that are this board at your age. You must do the above..........only a self-destruct will de-rail you.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Ryan-

For you:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLMTegJDcQ]YouTube - Billy Joel - Vienna[/ame]

I know it's prolly not the kind of music you listen to. But the lyrics always resonated w/me.

Hope they do w/you, too. :)

-Russ H.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Great advice above Russ. It resonates well with me since I'm only 20...

Also, come on... Anyone with a decent taste in music likes Billy Joel ;) haha

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Ryan:

Boy, do you sound a lot like me.

Except that you're young, and I'm old.
You're thin, and I'm fat.
You're just starting out on your road to financial success, and my road is full of potholes.

But, when I was 17, I was pretty much as confused feeling as you sound. It's normal, so get used to it.

It sounds like you hate school, but love studying.
I sort of felt the same way.
When I was in school, I was tested with a genius IQ.
(For all I know, I was dumb as a rock, and was just told this as part of a psychology test.)
But I disliked memorizing facts, and doing homework.
However, I LOVED learning, and devoured books -- including textbooks.

I took two years of accounting in one year, after making a deal with my teacher.
I would study on my own, and turn in any homework he demanded (he was gentle).
In return, I would take all tests with the rest of the class.
I ended up with a 98 and a 96 (best as I can recall.)

When I went to college, I took several of my classes "by exam".
This not only saved me money, but allowed me to avoid "wasting time" in class.

So, my point here is that you have the same opportunities that I did at the same point in your life.
You can take those textbooks home and create your future.
Talk to your guidance counselor about proving your knowledge be tests, rather than attendance.
More importantly, learn the stuff -- exams or not.
That is what really matters.

As for the dying thing, I realized I was killing myself.
I liked alcohol. A lot.
For most of my 20's, I was drunk.
While I was drunk, I managed to run our family business into the ground.
The last time I drank was about 21 years ago.
Coincidentally, I was at a bar with a college professor, taking a class "by exam".
I was woke up, covered with puke, in my car, which had run into the side of a bar, by an off-duty cop.

I realized I was spending $20 a day limiting my future, rather than investing $20 a day in my future.
I really wish I could have those 10 years I wasted back.
So, I get your desire to not waste time.
If you don't care about Judge Judy, just make sure you are caring about someone.
Caring about yourself is a good place to start.

You sound like you are on the right track.

Giving up those friends is a great place to start -- if they are poison.
If they like to party, or spend their time as petty criminals, then lose them.
But if they just don't understand entrepreneurship, lead them.
If they like to watch TV too much, teach them a better way.
There is nothing better than being "on top", and having a bunch of friends holding you there.

I also tend to over-analyze.
In fact, it was a struggle replying to this as quickly as I did.
I wanted to dig into it more.

But analyzing and over-analyzing have a fine line between them.
If you think you can fly by jumping off a building, there is a good chance you can't over-analyze.
On the other hand, there isn't much analysis needed when it comes to what to wear tomorrow.

I favor "baby steps" instead.
If you want to test that "flying thing", jump off a chair first.
If you think you want to own 1,000 apartment units, buy 1 or 2 first.
If you want to test Forex, invest $500 first.
In most cases, it is pretty risky to go "all in".

On your last point, I'm dead-set against it.
Read. Read. Read.
But don't allow the reading to replace action.
Use the reading to support the action.

I'm 50-urmph years old, and I read every day.
My guess is that most of the successful folks on this forum do too.
Never stop learning.

In closing, I'm going to give you a bit of my "old fart on a front porch" advice.
  1. Don't worry about your weight. It will find you soon enough.
  2. Don't abandon good old friends. Make new good friends.
  3. Stay away from booze, drugs and crime. Unless you plan on going into politics.
  4. Swearing makes you sound low-class. Only do it when you want to appear that way.
  5. A lousy life starts between your own ears. Don't go there.
  6. Read to "do". Don't read just to read.
  7. Never do anything in private that you wouldn't do in front of someone you admire.
  8. Give back twice as much as you take.
  9. At your age, pretty much everything in your future is in your control.
  10. If it isn't in your control, it is because you gave up that control.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted on your success.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
SPEED ...........REP +++ for sharing bflbob.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.