The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

5000 € per month revenue being a mediator between marketing agencies and manufacturing companies

Idea threads

Filippos

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 25, 2018
I was gathering business ideas that need minimum investment and have a good fit to my skills and experience.

I know for a fact that manufacturing companies work on average with more than 1.000 € orders or contracts several times a month for several customers. So having a revenue of at least 10.000 € per month is not seldom in this industry. Quite on the contrary, some companies invest several 100.000 € to improve their production quality or the productivity of their machine parks.

I also know for a fact that such companies have no to little idea about how to get more customers other than local networking and business forums, both of which cost at least 5.000 € a year.

I also know for a fact that marketing agencies do not resonate with such companies, because the manufacturing business is full with old people with no trust on digital technologies and also full with people that don’t like hearing about emotions and too many words make them lose trust.

I know how to speak to such companies and I know how to find out what kind of customers they need.

The only thing I have no idea about is online marketing and quite honestly I don’t have any interest in doing online marketing on the side of my 9-5 job.

But maybe it is possible to sell the ROI of online marketing to manufacturing companies, lead them to find out how they want to market and give clear instructions to marketing agencies. Basically the value I bring in the table is that manufacturing companies and marketing agencies don’t know how to talk to each other.

Hence, the value skew relative to the current situation seems pretty high.

Also, control is moderately high (even if one agency stops working for the companies I found, I can go to another).

Entry is very good, because most people don’t know how to talk to manufacturing companies and these companies are very closed up and trust no one outside of their business.

Time is also excellent, because I delegate the hard work of online marketing to the agency and because I can ask for a monthly retainer.

Scale is not bad, since I can potential work with more than one agencies. There is also the possibility to get higher tickets working with larger manufacturing companies that have more than 10.000 € revenue per month.

Sounds like an idea that is low risk to test without having to go in debt (first sell to the companies and get the money and then go to the agency and pay them at the end of the month). I’ll start talking to companies and agencies and see what comes out of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Filippos

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 25, 2018
Control is actually not that high, a company can start thinking at any point that they are getting too many new customers or that they can do it cheaper on their own and just stop paying me to be the mediator

Filippos

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 25, 2018
status after 1,5 week

I have managed to make a lot of mistakes building up an SMMA:
  • I paid to get my own domain, because I thought it´s important that my cold e-mails are sent by a legit account, just to get flagged as spam e-mail within 3 days. After 20 e-mails in 3 days, my e-mail from my business domain is flagged by 3 websites, so now I officially land on the spam folder....
    • I learned that my beliefs that led me to do the abovementioned mistake are BS and that I must find a way to reach out to more businesses from normal e-mail accounts without getting flagged or find a way to cold call before or after my work hours.
  • I spent too much time trying to over-personalize my e-mails to only 20 potential customers, just to find out that no one replied, even if some of them opened it and that most of them didn´t even open my e-mail.
    • I learned that volume is more important than I believed and that I need to crush my belief that reaching out to many business is immoral. It´s not immoral, it´s just business.
  • I spent too much time trying to search and qualify local businesses and found out that I haven´t calculated the most basic thing: how many e-mails and cold calls I have to reach per day in order to reach my first goal.
    • I learned that hard work must be backed up by looking at the f*ing numbers first, otherwise it´s just a f*ing waste of time.

To sum up, the past 1,5 week felt like 2 months in comparison to my life before! Looking back, I feel like I was asleep... I was letting my life go by.
I´m grateful for the past 1,5 week. Despite of all the mistakes, I am fired up to find solutions to get cold calls before driving to work or after coming back home.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.