The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

VOTE on the BEST LOGO

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I need your help choosing a logo for my company. I am using 99Designs again to host a design contest, and the entries are top notch. I have given the designers some guidance, but they are coming up with some great stuff.

So please head on over to my contest at 99Designs and help me choose the best ones. Tell me which ones you like and why. Thanks!

:thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I like #26, but surprisingly I'm not feeling most of them..

Also, if you rely alot on your website the backwards 2nd E might confuse people.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I asked them to create a mirror image, since it is the reverse of my own last name.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
^PEER is just my umbrella corp for all my entrepreneurial doings. I just need a logo to add credibility and polish. Thanks for looking at the designs, guys.

ZenSatori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 2, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
PEERless,

For lack of better terms, do you favor a warm friendly WEB 2.0'ish logo (rounded lines, bright colors), or a more business like (crisp, chiseled lines, metallic/stone, corporate...)?

Just curious...

Zen
ProjectNOMAD

Justin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 19, 2008
I feel like all of them will be dated VERY quickly. I would suggest going for a less trendy 'chrome round web 2.0 green/blue photoshop tutorial' style...

Too harsh?

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I can understand flipping the second "E" but I think that flipping the "R" as well gets too confusing. I think #19 is my fav, but none are really "oh wow" for me.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
For some reason, I just see #1 as an animated rotating logo:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I don't like any of them nor do I like the flipping of the E.

Your logo should be easily recognizable, READABLE, and UNDERSTANDABLE - not some cool design trick. Looking at these makes the user need to use his brain to decipher them.

Read "Made to Stick" ... power comes in simplicity, or in this case, it would be readability.

Happy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Aug 16, 2008
St. Louis, MO - USA
^PEER is just my umbrella corp for all my entrepreneurial doings. I just need a logo to add credibility and polish. Thanks for looking at the designs, guys.

#17 - (If the letters were not flipped) This logo has the most visual appeal to my eye and is the most commanding of those displayed. It is a simple, two color logo, which would be easily transferable to other media (Letterhead, business cards, polo shirt/jacket logo)

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
THANK YOU! What I am hearing is that the flipping of the logo fails to indicate the mnemonic device and instead confuses my moronic customers? Fair enough. I'll adjust my needs for the contest.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Me no like! I do from a design perspective, but they're just not readable.

Think of it this way, when your logo is printed on a business shirt, it should be easily comprehended at a glance.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
See my company website for the winner. I know some of you will be hurt that I went with a reversed-letter design, but this specific design received good feedback in split testing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.