The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vision Boards

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
^Well, I don't have a RUF turbo or a megayacht yet, but I have been working on that epic David physique. Heh.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
Well, I did get pregnant (it has been an easy/calm pregnancy as long as I avoid negative people/situations) and my husband may have an opportunity to help create non-profit music school/program/thingy.

Still waiting for the exotic family vacations, investment properties and life of luxury... :)

But I have to keep reminding myself that I have always gotten what I want.... today I found an item that I had spent a month looking for and was about to just ask for it for Xmas but I found it today in the condition I wanted and price I wanted! I need to start keeping track of all the good things that I get to help me keep perspective when I start feeling overwhlemed and scared.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone updating your vision boards?

We will be making some changes to ours this month - - will post here when we are done. Would love to see some more vision boards on this thread. Don't be shy! It is a great way to spend a cold winter afternoon!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
okay well... nice time to pack your bags, fly to a great Montana ski resort, ski to your hearts content, then make the vision board next to the fire with a bottle of wine.

;)

ps. I think it warmed up to 17 today

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Anyone updating your vision boards?

We will be making some changes to ours this month - - will post here when we are done. Would love to see some more vision boards on this thread. Don't be shy! It is a great way to spend a cold winter afternoon!

Agreed. I'll be updating mine soon as well. Ive met a couple of my goals. Its time to grow.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
okay well... nice time to pack your bags, fly to a great Montana ski resort, ski to your hearts content, then make the vision board next to the fire with a bottle of wine.

;)

ps. I think it warmed up to 17 today

17, wow. It's cold here today. About 50. I am staying inside and working on my board now. Wouldn't want to get a cold, skin burn.:rofl:

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Everybody stop bitching. -27°F last night. It's 1:00p, and we're up to -4°! I was able to take my gloves off to type this!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Everybody stop bitching. -27°F last night. It's 1:00p, and we're up to -4°! I was able to take my gloves off to type this!

I love Wyoming and the cold, but Jackson Hole in the wintertime might be a bit much for me.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
yea - we just came out of a two week stretch of sub zero.

I love it though. Living in Four Seasons is very much a part of my life. The contrast of the summer heat and the winter cold... the green pastures with the white blankets... the variety of hobbies available with the seasons.....

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
For my vision board, Winter image:

new-providence-bahamas-beach.jpg

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008

Sparky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 28, 2007
London
bump...

I've watched The Secret again recently and was reminded to do my vision board (I did).

How are your vision boards working out for you a year later? Was it successful?

Do you do goal-setting as a separate activity or are they the same thing as vision boards?

Being curious...

Sparky

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
I'm just getting on to make vision board. How can I create vision of specific sum of money as a goal to obtain (let's say 4 million to have 20 thousands/month passive)?

About the property: should it be exact what I want (i.e. photo of a house I want to live in should be specifically in area where I want to be it in or it can be any house that represents it?)?

Thx in advance!

Beef Supreme

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 12, 2011
It's not really a full-fledged vision board, but what I have is a presentation in Google docs where I occasionally paste pictures of things I'm working toward and intend to enjoy (like MJ's Lamborghini). One page is dedicated to taking my wife on a second honeymoon at the Halekulani in Waikiki. I run the presentation every other week or so, for a little inspiration.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
I'm just getting on to make vision board. How can I create vision of specific sum of money as a goal to obtain (let's say 4 million to have 20 thousands/month passive)?

About the property: should it be exact what I want (i.e. photo of a house I want to live in should be specifically in area where I want to be it in or it can be any house that represents it?)?

I know this is an old post, but I helped a friend a few months ago with her vision board. She wanted to have a clear image of having a net worth of one million euros by the end of this year. After some discussions, we took a bank statement of her present bank account and did some photoshopping to put in the date of 31st December 2012 and changed the balance to 1.000.000 euro.
Ever since she has been looking at it at least twice a day and according to her it really does the job for her.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
She wanted to have a clear image of having a net worth of one million euros by the end of this year
I think this is pretty cool. What does she do? what business is she in?

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
So.... I came back to this thread to see the vision board I posted.... YEARS ago... but I'm not seeing it. MJ.... did images get lost in the converting to new forum software? Thanks...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007