The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Violinist seeks fastlane

Violinna

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Sep 5, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I've always found real world examples a useful to understand core concepts. In this case, when I read you were a violinist looking to become an entrepreneur, I was reminded of a young woman I listen to on Spotify who, like you, is a violinist. How I head about her music was because Spotify recommended and album of hers in which she plays music from the video games series The Legend Of Zelda. Her name is Taylor Davis, and some of her her work can be found on Spotify. What makes this interesting is that beyond the fact that LotZ has some beautiful music, she is capable of using a string instrument to create breathtaking versions of a music written for a wind instrument (ocarina, in this case).

As a musician, you have arguably some of the most potent skills around here. Looking at it from the lens of Unscripted , an album is a legacy value system, and you have a plethora of channels. You also have an incredible advantage because music is such a powerful tool for helping people feel happy. (I've read we have a whole section of our brain dedicated solely to the processing of music).

I would personally take a cue from someone like Davis, and find a unique niche. She focuses on music from video games (which can also be equally as powerful as music) and fantasy. Her "twist" of course, is that she is playing music with a violin.

Thank you for the reply @Delmania! Taylor Davis is a great example indeed! Very similar niche to Lindsey and yet herself. I will start creating content, and as MJ said, I will listen to what the audience wants, and I will find my own style and niche this way. I am excited about the future! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Love that, MJ! I started putting that into action and I am surprised at positive the feedback has actually been!
Thank you!

Well I was going to respond to your other post, but make sure you do some research into marketing and selling. :)

In my field, software development, I know a lot of people who have solid technical skills and are excellent programmers, but they have no idea on how to present their ideas, and so they fail miserably. On the other hand, I know people who barely can "code their way out of a paper bag" who can sell their ideas. The best resource I know of would a book called "Marketing for Product People" by Justin Jackson. There's versions, the $300 course and the $40 ebook, I definitely recommend the latter, which you can find here: Marketing for Product People - the Book

I'm not affiliated with Jackson in any shape or form, and I am sure there a lot of better resources out there for people looking to create and sell, that just happens to be the one I am familiar with.

One more thing: make sure to read both of MJ's books. If you have, make sure to comment in the threads that you have so we know. Otherwise a lot of people will automatically respond with "Read the books" to any question you ask.

Violinna

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Sep 5, 2016
Sydney, Australia
As time goes on, more and more recordings of the same classical music will be available, and every one that gets made dilutes the values of the others.

True! I have been looking into the career of Tina Guo as well as an example to follow as well. She plays a lot with Hans Zimmer, has awesome videos and sometimes gets to play cello concertos with an orchestra. Sweet deal!

Violinna

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Sep 5, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Well I was going to respond to your other post, but make sure you do some research into marketing and selling. :)

In my field, software development, I know a lot of people who have solid technical skills and are excellent programmers, but they have no idea on how to present their ideas, and so they fail miserably. On the other hand, I know people who barely can "code their way out of a paper bag" who can sell their ideas. The best resource I know of would a book called "Marketing for Product People" by Justin Jackson. There's versions, the $300 course and the $40 ebook, I definitely recommend the latter, which you can find here: Marketing for Product People - the Book

I'm not affiliated with Jackson in any shape or form, and I am sure there a lot of better resources out there for people looking to create and sell, that just happens to be the one I am familiar with.

One more thing: make sure to read both of MJ's books. If you have, make sure to comment in the threads that you have so we know. Otherwise a lot of people will automatically respond with "Read the books" to any question you ask.

You are awesome, @Delmania! I will certainly check this book
I have read TMF and I am half way through Unscripted . Thanks for the heads up regarding the threads. Doing that right now! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...