The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Video games pays well... real WELL.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Founder of Minecraft's Beverly Hills Home.

Mindless entertainment pays well. Extremely well.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Califor...48-1181-N-Hillcrest-Rd-Beverly-Hills-CA-90210

picture-uh=fde12a494c1adc74b186ecd65ce977b-ps=d7e5af5184249adad790aab82a11563b.jpg
picture-uh=50c374f185da59bbf5aafe299d206a-ps=cb7f3443894e78d668d97037fe0a829.jpg

picture-uh=336ce4a1e77b164407e8a668074c6e8-ps=e0b21b2b5b1a8a5b23f07cf58296d1.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I don't know how people play minecraft...

But hey... He's in a much better position than me. So I don't think my opinion matters.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I don't know how people play minecraft...

But hey... He's in a much better position than me. So I don't think my opinion matters.

Its like legos except you dont have to worry about stepping on one or cleaning them up. Cheap, and very versatile with the ability to play with friends all over the world. Kids love it.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Id argue that general statement, theres more poor video game creators than rich. The real lesson is that execution pays well ;)

Far far more poor ones... but then that's the same with almost any pursuit. It's just a question of what the ratio is.

And Minecraft isn't really a great example of excellence in execution. That's not to take away from it's accomplishment, but sometimes the stars really do align to make something incredibly successful. As much hate as they can get from gamers, the big publishers are better examples of execution. EA and Activision have been churning out profitable games for decades (execution on the business side, rather than the creative).

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
There's pretty much no other game out there like Minecraft (that I can think of right now). Call of Duty is like Battlefield, Dota is like a counterpart to League of Legends; but Minecraft on the other hand is it's own thing, plus it's spawned an empire and an entire subculture of fans.
These are the rewards for creating something that is not only popular, but spawns a niche of its own.

P.S. I don't really find Minecraft "mindless". There's a lot of strategy and creativity involved. Of course it's also addictive and one could easily lose days of otherwise productive energy by playing it.

a10.jpg

Fans will get this

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
Inside The Post-Minecraft Life Of Billionaire Gamer God Markus Persson

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2015/03/03/minecraft-markus-persson-life-after-microsoft-sale/

"With only 30 or so employees, Mojang was earning profits that seemed endless. It ended 2012 with about $230 million in sales, with gross profits of more than $150 million–$101 million of which Persson paid to himself in exchange for licenses to Minecraft’s intellectual property. (He quickly bought the most expensive apartment in Stockholm.)"

"As for going against his earlier claims that he wouldn’t sell, especially to the company that personifies Big Tech, Persson shrugs and says he can live with his $2.5 billion contradiction. “
You have to be responsible for what you said, of course,” he says, “but I don’t really feel a lot of shame for saying something that I’ve changed my mind about."

Last edited:

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
Trulia estimate $6M - property sold for $12M in 2012... Lol fail

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.