The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

video documentary guy

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
It was interesting to see someone who is taking the route of authoring films, in this case, mostly occult/conspiracy documentaries. This guy has made about 60 video documentaries. His budgets started off under $100k, but are now over $1M. I mention him here in case anyone is thinking of going this route.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByX9EErtQzI

Philip Gardiner - IMDb

Gardiners World | Home page of author and filmmaker Philip Gardiner

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
It was interesting to see someone who is taking the route of authoring films, in this case, mostly occult/conspiracy documentaries. This guy has made about 60 video documentaries. His budgets started off under $100k, but are now over $1M. I mention him here in case anyone is thinking of going this route.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByX9EErtQzI

Philip Gardiner - IMDb

Gardiners World | Home page of author and filmmaker Philip Gardiner

conspiracy things are not that good to make money

you can survive with that but this is not fastlane

all the guys that i follow in this niche ( conspiracy ) are making a living.

not a fortune.

except for a few guys like David Icke

icke.jpg

the pe.jpg

but these guys are controled opposition so they are given money to do their things

anyway , i won't go further as this forum is not the right place for conspiracy things.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
conspiracy things are not that good to make money

you can survive with that but this is not fastlane

all the guys that i follow in this niche ( conspiracy ) are making a living.

not a fortune.

I think authoring movies is Fastlane if you retain the rights to your movies, then you can license them to iTunes/Netflix/Amazon/etc. You can also sell DVD's, T-Shirts, etc. Isn't making a movie equitable to writing a book?

Or are you saying it is not Fastlane because the market is too small?

Bert B

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 10, 2018
Ireland
I think authoring movies is Fastlane if you retain the rights to your movies, then you can license them to iTunes/Netflix/Amazon/etc. You can also sell DVD's, T-Shirts, etc. Isn't making a movie equitable to writing a book?

Or are you saying it is not Fastlane because the market is too small?

You would be surprised how saturated the market is -- getting on Netflix is almost impossible without the best sales agents and distributors. To get on iTunes and google play you need several thousand euro/dollars just for quality control and releasing through their platforms. And, after that, unless you are liked by each platform, you will not get a good spot on their platform unless you have a reasonable marketing budget where you send lots of people to your film. In theory, yes, ownership of the films will equate to passive income of course, but the amount of passive income truly depends on the film's content, marketing, and distribution strategy. It's a very long and arduous process. I have been through and know many people who have been through it.

Have to say I like the odd conspiracy theory ;)

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
You would be surprised how saturated the market is -- getting on Netflix is almost impossible without the best sales agents and distributors. To get on iTunes and google play you need several thousand euro/dollars just for quality control and releasing through their platforms. And, after that, unless you are liked by each platform, you will not get a good spot on their platform unless you have a reasonable marketing budget where you send lots of people to your film. In theory, yes, ownership of the films will equate to passive income of course, but the amount of passive income truly depends on the film's content, marketing, and distribution strategy. It's a very long and arduous process. I have been through and know many people who have been through it.

You could make a documentary about MJ and/or this forum, if you could make a good enough deal with him. Maybe get help from other people on this forum in exchange for movie credits. I once donated $500 to an indie project for a credit. You could offer MJ 5% of annual gross up to a $1M. You could offer interviewees on this site, credits for interviews. There are people on this forum who would probably love to be in a film, some of them are already in the entertainment field. You'd also have a built-in audience. I see a few thousand excellent film reviews in your future.

From an artistic angle, there are interesting things you could do. The quality of the filmstock could parallel the interviewees progress, or perhaps their view of their own progress, etc.

Bert B

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 10, 2018
Ireland
You could make a documentary about MJ and/or this forum, if you could make a good enough deal with him. Maybe get help from other people on this forum in exchange for movie credits. I once donated $500 to an indie project for a credit. You could offer MJ 5% of annual gross up to a $1M. You could offer interviewees on this site, credits for interviews. There are people on this forum who would probably love to be in a film, some of them are already in the entertainment field. You'd also have a built-in audience. I see a few thousand excellent film reviews in your future.

From an artistic angle, there are interesting things you could do. The quality of the filmstock could parallel the interviewees progress, or perhaps their view of their own progress, etc.
Certainly an interesting idea.

Caroleen M

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jul 22, 2018
Sydney, Australia

It is a very long and arduous process! A book can be written with very little outlay of cash. It requires little investment, even at the high-end ones. A film, not so much, unfortunately.

I worked tirelessly for almost three years with NO INCOME whatsoever before our docu was released. Luckily, our hard work paid off and we were picked up by a well-respected and well-known US distributor and are currently at the halfway point of our multi-year contract. But what you call "passive" has only been made possible because one person worked for all that time without a dime of pay and a second (my co-producer) worked part-time to help the first person (me).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.