The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Using 3-tiered goals for weight-loss, or just about any goal (found on Reddit)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I found this post on LoseIt, a Subreddit on Reddit (a really helpful place for anyone trying to lose weight, btw) and I just loved the idea of the 3-tiered goals, aswell as the other things she, the OP, wrote in it. So I thought I'd share it with you, maybe it's of help for someone else, too :)

Here's an excerpt:
On many of my previous attempts to lose weight I had found myself getting demotivated, or failing for a day or a week and falling into a spiral of self-loathing and eating my feelings and all sorts of crappy practices that would ultimately result in never losing weight. So to combat this, I set myself 3-tiered goals for each area I wanted to improve. The bottom tier had to be something I already did regularly or almost-regularly, it had to be a really low bar that I could easily reach even on crappy days. The top tier had to be within reach, but more difficult. As I consistently hit the middle or top tiers of whatever area or goals, and once I felt confident that the middle-tier had--through practice--become my bottom-tier, I moved my goal posts and set a new top-tiered goal and aimed at the middle again.

The whole post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dru-man

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jun 7, 2013
Southeast Asia
That whole post was a fantastic look at a unique way to push through a personal challenge. I might consider reforming some of these concepts to tackle procrastination.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Walking 4 miles every day helps. I've also been told eating lighter and healthier yields pretty good results.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.