The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Use sidewalkers

NewWorldOrder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 16, 2011
I'd say go into the "field." That is, take a day or two and go into actual stores and watch what people are picking up. See what magazines they're picking up. Go into checkout lines and ask people why they're purchasing what they're purchasing, did they shop around, how do they typically go about making such a purchase, etc.

A day of this activity will give you innumerable insights.

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I'm not sure if viewing the world only from the point of view of the 'Sidewalkers' is the best strategy. I mean, when you look at really successful products, many times they appeal to everyone. Take TV, for example. I know that Reality Television was designed for the sole purpose of wasting my time (and is a favorite activity of sidewalkers), I'll still watch an episode of Cheaters.

I think taking a step back and trying to find a product that fits a nice niche might be the best way to go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Im thinking about Pandora jewelry (make similar product but sell it for more xD)
I know people that are buying cheap jeans trousers form china for couple of dollars,rebrand it xD [ change tickets - badges ] and sell it for 10 times more in europe xD

trying to find a product that fits a nice niche might be the best way to go.

finding niche would be nice but im thinking like crazy about that for 4 years and didnt find anything thats not appear on the market allready, thats why i think i have tekel syndrome :D but right now im thinking about 2-3 businesses and keen on at one the most so finally I cope with this problem with tekel.

Like MJ wrote:

"The Tekel Syndrome is a compulsion to scatter your focus across different projects and
opportunities. It’s also a symptom of money chasing versus need filling."

I'd say go into the "field."
Its great idea and iv tested it allready, i was in shopping centre and was asking girls that are selling stuff in the shops what kind of for ex. handbags are sold the best (Iv told them i want to buy a present to my girl and just try to see what kind of handbags are selling the best = the best was selling "almost the most expensives, almost bcos most expensives was still there and little bit cheaper was sold, and the cheapest ones didnt sold at all mostly that one day that I was in about 15 shops with bags and stuff for girls"

Maestro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 20, 2011
I'd say;

-Iphone accessories
-Pet supplies(specially dogs)
-gps tracking

Are you thinking of doing import?

Maestro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 20, 2011
My god, be in 4 some huge competition!

The question was what was hot, and if it's hot then ofcourse there wil be massive competition.

However since Speedyexe is in Romania, a blooming market since the membership of EU. The entrylevel might be a lot more accessible.

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
Better question: why are you asking here instead of going to several sidewalks and observing?
NewWorldOrder said it best IMO.

lilc800

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 20, 2011
Texas
Well I'd say "clothes and shoes and entertainment" Then There's one my mom wouldn't want me to say but I think its Sex.. Like my teacher said "People will never stop having sex"

And its true lol

Also if you want to get with the new generation like with the teens and stuff well That's sort of the same.. with clothes and shoes

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
The question was what was hot, and if it's hot then ofcourse there wil be massive competition.

However since Speedyexe is in Romania, a blooming market since the membership of EU. The entrylevel might be a lot more accessible.

Im form Poland not from Romania.
I know there will be big competition, i want to sell it anyway, at least try something cheap.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Even better, bigger market.

Are you planning on selling directly to the costumers, or to stores?

I have no money for shop so first on polish similar to ebay websites then directly to stores.
But still thinking about product.

livebig

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 23, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think "using sidewalkers" is a strange way of putting it. I think we should do as MJ has said in his book (not to blindly follow, but because it makes solid sense) and find a problem and create a way to solve it! Sidewalker or not.

Of course, it's easier said than done. Ideas are plentiful. It's what you do with that idea that makes a difference.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.