The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Urban Paranormal Self-Publishing

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Yes I do mess up those words especially if I'm writing early in the morning with lack of sleep. So thanks for pointing that out buddy! Not the first writer to have that error! Seems many writers do this. Thanks! Nothing special!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

U.P. Author

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 27, 2014
COSenior, yours was the third progress thread I read after the HfR and Chikenhawks. I've loved reading your progress and the insane amount of words you're able to produce in a day. You're actually a bit of a rock star for me. So getting your encouragement means a lot. A lot! Thank you.

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
COSenior, yours was the third progress thread I read after the HfR and Chikenhawks. I've loved reading your progress and the insane amount of words you're able to produce in a day. You're actually a bit of a rock star for me. So getting your encouragement means a lot. A lot! Thank you.
Aw, thanks!

U.P. Author

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 27, 2014
Okay, so my goal is to do an EOM (End Of Month) update every month so that I can help those coming behind, but also so that I can reflect on what I've done and use that reflection to plan my next steps. This EOM update will be relatively short, because I just started this thread a few days ago.
I published my first book on June 19th. I went KDP Select (that was actually an accident), so I decided to do a two day give away. Number of books given away: 486
Since then I have sold 11 books and had 1 borrow.
Absolutely no ratings as of yet. My ranking is currently 181,253, but I don't have any ranking in a genre at all.
I have set up a mailchip account and have it on my author bio. No bites yet.
The second book is going well. I am averaging about 2500 words a day. I think I could do more, but starting a scene is really tough for me for some reason. I can spend as much time trying to figure out how to start a scene as I do actually writing an entire chapter.
My chapters are wildly inconsistent in length (1500 - 2500 words), but I decided when I started that I was going to use as many words as it took to write each scene. Sometimes, if I'm really low, I'll add in some fluff to get to the 1500 words, or if I'm high, I'll divide it into two chapters. Usually I have no problem getting it into that range by just writing the scene as I see it.
I am having a little trouble with a scene I'm working on right now. This is the first time I've rewritten a chapter three times. Through accident the two characters have access to each others emotions. This is the first they have talked and they previously had an adversarial relationship, so trying to get the dialogue right, with the added emotional access, has been tough. I keep worrying that I'm over saturating one way (too much dialogue) or the other (too much emotion reading). Besides that, I think everything is going well. I should have this book out by the middle of July and begin immediately working on the next book.
Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. You guys are all kinds of awesome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

U.P. Author

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 27, 2014
I got my first review! I know that probably has little to do with sales, but it's awesome anyway. The reviewer wrote a very detailed review and gave me 4 stars. Again, I know that has nothing to do with sales, but it does boost the confidence quite a bit. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.