The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Update on the Mentor Group & Free Real Estate Book

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
When I wanted to make money investing in Phoenix RE, I knew nothing about Phoenix. I lived in Toronto for god sakes. I had no mentor. I spent weeks reading everything from sales data, tax data, crime data, forums, CRA/IRS, and looked at thousands of properties and just did it. When I was doing all this (often until 3am) people would ask me how to do the same, but they were crazy lazy and couldn't even be bothered to spend an hour doing their own research. Forget it.

I've been interested in getting started in the Phoenix RE for a few years now. Can you tell me if I would need to get a real estate license? What's the best neighborhood for a new investor like me? How much money can I expect to make? What's the average time that a new listing is on the market? Do you know of any laws or regulations I'd need to be aware of? What's the capital of Arizona? Do you know Benny Alvarez? He's in Tuscon. Me and Benny go back a long ways. Do I need to setup an LLC in Arizona or can I just operate as Montana Realty Company? Is there a website I can lookup or phone number I can call to get more information? What's the weather like down there? Will I need flood insurance? Hey how come you don't know Benny Alvarez?

PS. Not making fun of anyone in this thread. I can see that reasonable people might expect more from a mentorship than just one email.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
it took 5 yrs for that napkin to make me big money but only 2 weeks after I got it to get started. happy to share the whole story someday.

I'm all ears...why not share it now?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
I have two other mentor groups. In both of those, I provide the training materials and I'm available to answer any questions the students have. When they have a question or a problem moving from one phase to the next, they ask for help.

THEY TAKE A PROACTIVE approach.

I thoroughly expected that some of the people in the group would ask a questions or ask for help if they needed it. But I got no questions and no requests for help. ( except one person wanted to know how to sell a parents house & I provided a system for doing that)

So what's a mentor suppose to do?

On Friday should they ask, what did you to this week to complete Step 1?
On Monday, should I ask, show me your list of 10 buyers so I have proof you finished step 1?
On Wednesday, should I ask what did you do this week to get leads?
On Friday, should I ask, how many sellers did you talk to? Or house many hours did you work at finding deals? What did you do?
On Monday ask, did you have any problems estimate repairs with the formula I gave you?

Would that make any difference?

I do not think so!

Either you're ready or you are not.

People who are ready don't need constant reminders about what they are suppose to do, if they already have a step-by-step guide to follow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Allen

And what exactly does being a mentor involve? What would you expect to get?

Weekly calls?
Daily emails?
Constant reminders to follow the lessons?
Did you finish Step1?
Why didn't you finish step 1?
Did you go to the foreclosure auction to get 10 buyers in 1 day like I told you?
Did you finish step 2?

Would that really make any difference?

Ahh... that's why people pay the big bucks to these "mentors" so they can get the extra hand-holding!

Here's a little inside info about these so called mentors:

A friend in Wichita Falls Texas got a call from a tenant that she just got a new job and would be able to get current on her rent. (she was a month behind) What's the new job he asked her? "I'm a real estate investor mentor!" she said.

Really! he said, have you ever done any real estate investing yourself? No she said (keep in mind, she lives in a single wide trailer paying $400 a month rent)

She said, "It's easy to be a mentor. They gave me a call in number. Once a week I call in and read the script to tells people to follow the lessons, I remind them what the lesson is, and tell them to keep up the good work."

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Allen

And what exactly does being a mentor involve? What would you expect to get?

Weekly calls?
Daily emails?
Constant reminders to follow the lessons?
Did you finish Step1?
Why didn't you finish step 1?
Did you go to the foreclosure auction to get 10 buyers in 1 day like I told you?
Did you finish step 2?

Would that really make any difference?

I think you missed my point. You didn't set the proper expectations and as a result, well, we know what the result is now. I'm certainly not arguing the validity of your stated points. I actually agree with you. Now, if you clearly defined what was involved in your mentoring, in say an email, my apologies. I can only go on what has been shared in this forum.

What would you expect to get?

I'd expect to get what was promised. In this situation your offer was pretty vague. Personally I wouldn't have taken you up on your offer without knowing what you were offering (details) and what you expected from me.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Lets be clear. There was no mentorship here.

The sickness is an excuse. The fact that you dropped out of site due to your illness means you owe these people more grace, and the mentorship that you promised... before such time as you are going to judge their success in your program.

There was an email, a free copy of a sales manual (undoubtedly with good content in it, aimed to bring business back to the sugar daddy), and an expectation of a return on investment of the free materials to the mentor.

You didn't give them what you said you would. Sorry you got sick, but I currently have a mentor that is working through chemo treatments for a malignant tumor. The guy has called me during his chemo treatments to check up on business. His employees for the most part were never even told he has cancer. He didn't want that to be an excuse.

You didn't invest in these people what you said you would, so you shouldn't expect the results you anticipated.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
...Would that really make any difference?

Ahh... that's why people pay the big bucks to these "mentors" so they can get the extra hand-holding!

Here's a little inside info about these so called mentors:

A friend in Wichita Falls Texas got a call from a tenant that she just got a new job and would be able to get current on her rent. (she was a month behind) What's the new job he asked her? "I'm a real estate investor mentor!" she said.

Really! he said, have you ever done any real estate investing yourself? No she said (keep in mind, she lives in a single wide trailer paying $400 a month rent)

She said, "It's easy to be a mentor. They gave me a call in number. Once a week I call in and read the script to tells people to follow the lessons, I remind them what the lesson is, and tell them to keep up the good work."

Jackie I can see where you're coming from in acknowledging that the majority of ppl (whether 95% or 90% or 99%) are "not ready" or alternatively "going at their own pace" or whatever.

But I just notice that this so-called "mentor" that you're making fun of, even if all she did was call those people once a week reading a script, apparently still did more to support her "people" than you did as a self-proclaimed mentor.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
From another thread :

Jackie I have sent you several emails... the last few were dec 3rd and dec 18th... I have been waiting to hear back from you... one of the other people you picked has been in contact with me thru this board and informed me of your medical emergency. I did not want to continue sending emails to you while you were recovering.

Please check for these emails I know at least the one other person has been trying to contact you as well. perhaps they were overlooked somehow.

I hope you are feeling better and I look forward to hearing from you :)

Is this one of the people you are ripping on now?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
This was the exact email that was sent to the 4 people ( by the way I never said who they were so no one knew except me)

Welcome to the Challenge

First, I wanted to let you know that I asked you to email me so I can send bulk messages with attachments to all 4 of you at the same time.. That would not be possible in the fastlane forum.

Second, I wanted to let you know I've never done anything like this so we'll be experimenting. If something is not working, let me know and I'll give you better or more detailed instructions.

My objective with this challenge are twofold, (1) to prove JScott that my 'no money down' methods work and (2) to give you the tools you need to create cash on demand and (3) to learn how to generate cash flow with houses you do not own and did not invest any money in.

How does that sound?

I need for you to send me an email with the 2-3 counties closest to you and the state you live in. This is so I can set you up for motivated seller leads to be distributed to you automatically. I may already have some leads for you. If I do, I'll email them to you.

If it's ok with you, let's start with the CASH training. You'll learn how to wholesale properties. Wholesaling means you find old, run down properties, get them under contract ( I'll provide what you need) then you'll either sell your contract or sell the house to another investor. I've been doing this for almost 20 years and have wholesaled hundreds and hundreds of houses.

There are two things you'll need to get started asap

1. My book Real Estate Profits on Steroids is attached.

2. My "secret" Mega Lead Generator system for generating a lot of leads fast ( DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE "STEROIDS" BOOK and until I tell you that you're lead systems are set up) You'll only need part 1 and not part 2.

When I first started, I had $0 money for marketing and didn't know how to do marketing anyway. So, I drove around looking for houses I could get under contract them wholesale. I was doing 1-2 deals a month, making $3,000 - $5000 per deal but i wanted more. So, I recruited the Mom's at the Mother's day out program at my church. I took my kids here when they were little (I was a stay-at-home Mom too) so I knew these Mom's had nothing to do on Tuesday from 10-2.

When I recruited them to be my bird dogs, my business doubled almost overnight.

The mega lead generator system is all about leveraging OTHER PEOPLE to find deals for you - but a lot more than just the Mom's at the Mother's day out.

Sure, you can find some yourself, but the Mega Lead Generator system will help you get a high volume of leads FAST.

PLEASE PROMISE that you will not share these training materials or techniques with anyone.

You are welcome to report your progress on the fast lane, but please do not be too specific. You can say something like, "with Jackie's system, I am getting 5 leads a day" or "I just closed on my first deal and made $4,500 even though I had no money in the deal".....But please do not spill the beans about HOW you did it. (and you will do it).

The thing about lead generation is that you never know what kind of lead you will get.

The leads you get may fit perfectly with the training you get from Real Estate Profits on Steroids but it may not. Just because it does not fit that strategy, it does not mean you can't make a ton of money with it.

So, what I need for you to do is get all the information on the Seller's Questionnaire ( attached) them email me with the details and i will help you determine if there is some other way to make money from the lead.

Our objective is to turn every lead in to cash or cash flow.

There are many different ways to do that. I will help you determine the best and SAFEST way. Remember, if you don't have any money invested in a deal, you can't lose any money. I'm all about avoiding risks!

If you have any questions, please email me at jackie@cashflowdepot.com and put FASTLANE somewhere in the subject line so I know it is you right away.

As you know, i live in Central America in Boquete Panama. But if necessary I can call you do discuss a deal. It's much cheaper for me to call you than for you to call me.

This will be fun!

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
I should note that one single question was asked about the training. ( should I have asked weekly if they needed help)

No one ever emailed to say they didn't understand or needed help. (should I have emailed weekly asking do you understand)

No one ever emailed to say they had a lead and didn't know what to do with it. (should I have emailed weekly asking if they had any leads to work)

They had instruction on what to do and didn't do it

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You have a lot of balls to call these people out if in fact you got sick and didn't answer their emails.

tua79610

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Well, since I was also one of the four, I guess I’ll join this thread as well. To be honest, I didn't even know the mentoring was over, I just thought Jackie was ill, glad to see your doing better though Jackie. But if it is over, I guess I would have expected a little more mentoring, but then again we all have different opinions. Jackie provided me with great information and a system that seems to have potential. However, I feel that this requires a little more time than I initially expected, especially in a competitive area. Having started a brand new job and devoting a lot of time to another idea, which fell through, I can’t exactly say I gave it 100%. I wouldn't exactly say that I failed either, but rather haven’t given it 100% yet.

If the mentoring is over, thank you for the information you provided me, I learned a lot.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Yes, I sent a follow up email to let them know their lead generation systems were set up and ready and asked if they had any questions about the training.

They NEVER ASKED ANY QUESTIONS AND NEVER ASKED FOR HELP WITH A LEAD/DEAL -- NOT ONCE!!

despite the fact that one guy got these leads

Sorry for the delay. I had a medical emergency.

I will send more instructions tomorrow. Your counties have been added to the database. I don't have any leads for your counties but do have these:

(Extended)
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com EVIE STROTHER
NONE@NONE.COM
Day Phone: 4109523157
Night Phone: 0000000000
Address: 3110 TRESBURY STREET
City: baltimore
Zip: 21239
Source:
Comments: Maryland ALLEGANY 2012-10-26 14:56:15 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com EVIE
DOES NOT HAVE
Day Phone: 410-952-3157
Night Phone: 410-952-3157
Address: 3110 PERSBURY SRT
City: BALTIMORE
Zip: 21216
Source: other
Comments: unsure Maryland BALTIMORE CITY 2012-10-25 16:18:53 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com GWEN BROOKS
GWENCBROOKS@COMCAST.COM
Day Phone: 443-404-8893
Night Phone:
Address: 12647 SANTA ROSA CIR
City: LUSBY
Zip: 20657
Source: TV
Comments: I WANTED TO KNOW MORE INFO ABOUT SELLING MY HOME ASAP Maryland CALVERT 2012-10-25 15:13:50 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com marie

Night Phone:
Address: 3110 presdury st
Comments: I would like to invite you to an open house this thursday from 1pm-5pm. Maryland BALTIMORE CITY 2012-10-23 14:29:42 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com judy a dalrymple
j0610@aol.com
Day Phone: 3016939941
Night Phone: 3016939941
Address: 20413 waters point lane
City: germantown
Zip: 20874
Source: Road Sign
Comments: cant afford mortgage, behind Maryland MONTGOMERY 2012-10-22 19:00:35 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com roland wright
rolandwrightjr@ymail.com
Day Phone: 2024131513
Address: 605 severn island court
City: annapolis
Zip: 21401
Comments: i dont want the property anymore Maryland ANNE ARUNDEL 2012-10-19 09:01:55 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com Gwendolyn Brooks
gwencbrooks@comcast.net
Night Phone:
Address: 12647 Santa Rosa Circle
City: Lusby
Comments: Husband is ill; downsizing Maryland CALVERT 2012-10-18 17:32:33 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com SUSAN MUMMERT
SUSANMUMMERT1@FRONTIER.COM
Day Phone: 304-754-6883
Night Phone: 304-671-3475
Address: 18032 MAUGANS AVE
City: HAGERSTOWN
Zip: 21740
Comments: THIS IS MY DAD HOUSE AND HE WENT INTO ASSISTED LIVING. I HAVE NO USE FOR THE HOUSE. THERE IS A REALTOR BUT ITS NOT WORKING OUT. Maryland WASHINGTON 2012-10-10 10:45:05 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com Dedra Patterson
n/a
Day Phone: 610-772-1005
Night Phone:
Address: 3514 Ingleside Ave
City: Baltimore city
Zip: 21215
Source: Search Engine
Comments: I would like to get more information please. Please call Maryland BALTIMORE 2012-10-02 15:27:07 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com Enal Yineirin
eyildiri@live.com
Day Phone: 201-668-2794
Night Phone: 240-308-9728
Address: 5304 Coronet Ct
City: Frederick
Zip: 217803
Source: Radio
Comments: Relocating Maryland FREDERICK 2012-09-10 10:43:57 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com ann
naturesway@dishmail.net
Day Phone: 240-362-6134
Night Phone:
Address: 16201 naturesway
City: cumberlan
Zip: 21502
Comments: relocating

Only have leads for SUSSEX DE
Maryland ALLEGANY

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
There was "one" update email from one of the students

Jackie,

I just wanted to give you an update. I have since finished reading the
book, which was great. I learned a lot from it. Now I am currently
working on finding buyers. I have called five so far but only one has
answered, which went very well. I am going to go drive around and see
if I can't find any 'We buy houses' signs.

If I have time time, I may also try to find a good title company.

Plans for this wknd.

1) Find more buyers.
2) Fine tune contracts and make some copies.
3) Begin searching for a title company.
4) Reread the book and take additional notes.

Have a great weekend.

I replied that I had medical emergency which needed surgery. but email if he had any questions

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Great learning opportunity for all of us. You could have done more, they could have done more. Next round for all participants likely would go differently. Those of us following this can take a lot away from this whole exchange.

1. Expectations
2. Aggressiveness
3. Communication
4. Tenacity
5. Follow through
6. Communication
and
7. Communication

Thanks for sharing all of this, and congrats to all involved for what ever your takeaways from this opportunity were.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
And for the participants, if you take one of 4 spots in something like this, that means you took a spot over someone else that didn't get selected that maybe really wanted or needed this.

At a minimum, that should demand your 100% effort. If you can't commit to it, than you shouldn't take a spot like this.

I think the fact that it was FREE maybe caused it to be undervalued. Too easy.

tua79610

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I just wanted to give you an update. I have since finished reading the
book, which was great. I learned a lot from it. Now I am currently
working on finding buyers. I have called five so far but only one has
answered, which went very well. I am going to go drive around and see
if I can't find any 'We buy houses' signs.

If I have time time, I may also try to find a good title company.

Plans for this wknd.

1) Find more buyers.
2) Fine tune contracts and make some copies.
3) Begin searching for a title company.
4) Reread the book and take additional notes.

Have a great weekend.

I sent that email. Jackie, you replied,
"HI rob

Sorry, I dropped off the face of the earth for awhile. Having some medical issues and will need surgery.

I'lll start up the coaching again soon

Thanks for your patience"

I didn't know what exactly happened to you, nor is it any of my business. I didn't know how long you were going to be out. I didn't know if you were able to check your email. I thought you would let me know when you were feeling better.

I also didn't feel comfortable going out and banging on doors and not being sure that I would be able to contact you for advice. Therefore, I figured I'd focus on other ideas until you were doing better.

I'm not blaming you at all for my results. I am thankful that I learned as much as I did. I just don't like the blame being put on us. I thought you were ill and didn't want to bother you. In any case, I am thankful for what I learned and glad your doing better.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
Maybe a possible solution for this type of situation would've been / could be in the future if one of the 4 people in the limited space isn't seeming to hold up their end of things, the mentor could proactively call them out (privately!) along the lines of "Hey why haven't you sent me any emails or questions? If I don't see action on your part very soon, I will have to give your spot to someone who is ready". That'd seem to be fair and more productive for everyone involved.

I can kinda see where Jackie is coming from because I have on occassion taken the time to (try to) help people in my field when they have asked for help, ex. presented them with ready made templates for press releases, contacts and instructions on how to get news coverage, real basic seo tips, etc. but very few ever take action on such things --- and the ones who do just happen to be the more successful people even without my help, go figure. But that's different than someone representing themselves as a formal mentor with limited slots available etc.... if such a mentor is supposed to be a model of proactivity then they should be proactive enough to fire the mentee as soon as they detect lack of potential.

5hpstickers

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 12, 2012
New York
Yes, I sent a follow up email to let them know their lead generation systems were set up and ready and asked if they had any questions about the training.

They NEVER ASKED ANY QUESTIONS AND NEVER ASKED FOR HELP WITH A LEAD/DEAL -- NOT ONCE!!

despite the fact that one guy got these leads

Sorry for the delay. I had a medical emergency.

I will send more instructions tomorrow. Your counties have been added to the database. I don't have any leads for your counties but do have these:

(Extended)
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com EVIE STROTHER
NONE@NONE.COM
Day Phone: 4109523157
Address: 3110 TRESBURY STREET
Zip: 21239
Source:
Comments: Maryland ALLEGANY 2012-10-26 14:56:15 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com EVIE
DOES NOT HAVE
Night Phone: 410-952-3157
Address: 3110 PERSBURY SRT
City: BALTIMORE
Comments: unsure Maryland BALTIMORE CITY 2012-10-25 16:18:53 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com GWEN BROOKS
GWENCBROOKS@COMCAST.COM
Night Phone:
Address: 12647 SANTA ROSA CIR
City: LUSBY
Comments: I WANTED TO KNOW MORE INFO ABOUT SELLING MY HOME ASAP Maryland CALVERT 2012-10-25 15:13:50 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com marie

Night Phone:
Address: 3110 presdury st
Comments: I would like to invite you to an open house this thursday from 1pm-5pm. Maryland BALTIMORE CITY 2012-10-23 14:29:42 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com judy a dalrymple
j0610@aol.com
Day Phone: 3016939941
Night Phone: 3016939941
Address: 20413 waters point lane
City: germantown
Zip: 20874
Source: Road Sign
Comments: cant afford mortgage, behind Maryland MONTGOMERY 2012-10-22 19:00:35 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com roland wright
rolandwrightjr@ymail.com
Day Phone: 2024131513
Address: 605 severn island court
City: annapolis
Zip: 21401
Comments: i dont want the property anymore Maryland ANNE ARUNDEL 2012-10-19 09:01:55 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com Gwendolyn Brooks
gwencbrooks@comcast.net
Night Phone:
Address: 12647 Santa Rosa Circle
City: Lusby
Comments: Husband is ill; downsizing Maryland CALVERT 2012-10-18 17:32:33 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com SUSAN MUMMERT
SUSANMUMMERT1@FRONTIER.COM
Day Phone: 304-754-6883
Night Phone: 304-671-3475
Address: 18032 MAUGANS AVE
City: HAGERSTOWN
Zip: 21740
Comments: THIS IS MY DAD HOUSE AND HE WENT INTO ASSISTED LIVING. I HAVE NO USE FOR THE HOUSE. THERE IS A REALTOR BUT ITS NOT WORKING OUT. Maryland WASHINGTON 2012-10-10 10:45:05 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com Dedra Patterson
n/a
Day Phone: 610-772-1005
Night Phone:
Address: 3514 Ingleside Ave
City: Baltimore city
Zip: 21215
Comments: I would like to get more information please. Please call Maryland BALTIMORE 2012-10-02 15:27:07 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com Enal Yineirin
eyildiri@live.com
Day Phone: 201-668-2794
Night Phone: 240-308-9728
Address: 5304 Coronet Ct
City: Frederick
Zip: 217803
Source: Radio
Comments: Relocating Maryland FREDERICK 2012-09-10 10:43:57 View Edit Delete
SellYourHouseIn7Days.com ann
naturesway@dishmail.net
Day Phone: 240-362-6134
Night Phone:
Address: 16201 naturesway
City: cumberlan
Zip: 21502
Comments: relocating

Only have leads for SUSSEX DE
Maryland ALLEGANY

Would you be able to provide this type of information for NY?

I called several of the types of links that I posted yesterday and got through to about 8 potential buyers. I already have my title company setup thanks to my dad's good friend.

I now want to start looking around at houses or if I was able to get this type of info you posted here for my surrounding areas I could pass by the properties just to see what the houses look like so I can know what to look for, although I know they should be houses seeming vacant or needing repairs.

Thanks.

slobra96

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
I personally think it was kind of harsh to throw these 4 people under the bus. You should have at least contacted these people before posting this, saying you were back from being ill, how are things going, do you have any questions? Then after that it would have been appropriate to make a thread. But instead you make a public post bashing these people. It looks like you never sent them anything saying you were back and alive, they all had to find out through this post. You even said in your one email to tua79610 that you will "start up your coaching soon" but you never let them know you were "back." Instead you made this thread.

You sent them an email, or at least one person saying you have a medical emergency, and I don't know about anyone else, but I personally wouldn't want to be flooding someones email with questions that is obviously very ill. Just my 2 cents.

On a side note, I did just read the book and also glad to see you are ok. Lots of good information and really puts a new prospective for me on real estate. I am currently in the process of buying my own house (which has been a huge learning experience for me being it is my first) but I am hoping after this is all said and done I can move on to doing something related to real estate investing, whether it be your (cashflowdepot) way or another.

Thanks

Big Daddyhoo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 21, 2012
I don't know what kind of expectations were set for this mentorship, but if I offered mentoring I would do some hand-holding. I would care to check on their progress, cause it's a relationship. Don't do mentoring if it's not worth your time.

Chances are the person interested in free mentoring for beginners from a stranger in internet is not some proactive and resourceful superhero. If they were, they wouldn't respond to this. So keep your expectations in check. If you really want to help them, be there.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
Honestly you promised mentoring and didn't deliver. I'm not interested in seeing someone who doesn't deliver tear other people down for not following through.

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
@ CashFlowDepot

I'd like to say many thanks for making your ebook available. I'm about 8 chapters into the book and I'm really considering taking this on. I have a few questions though.

1) Will this still work in today's housing market? I noticed some of the material is dated 2001 - 2006
2) How do I evaluate my local area for sustainability? I was going to start looking for buyers, thinking it should be a good gauge.
3) Have you seen this work in rural areas, or just in larger metropolitan areas?

Thanks in advanced!

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Yes, I have a lot of leads for New York

Would you be able to provide this type of information for NY?

I called several of the types of links that I posted yesterday and got through to about 8 potential buyers. I already have my title company setup thanks to my dad's good friend.

I now want to start looking around at houses or if I was able to get this type of info you posted here for my surrounding areas I could pass by the properties just to see what the houses look like so I can know what to look for, although I know they should be houses seeming vacant or needing repairs.

Thanks.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Yes, it works even better today than it did in 2001 etc. There is more inventory so it's easier to find deals.

You can determine the viability by doing what it says in the book in Step 1. You need to get 10 buyers on your buyers list. If investors are buying in your area, then you have the tools to find a steady supply of properties to wholesale to them. You can literally get 10 buyers in ONE day if you will go to the foreclosure auction in your county. It should not take a month to get past Step 1.

You can also use some of the other methods I describe in the book to build your buyers list.

Don't put the cart before the horse though. Most wholesalers find houses first, then hope they can sell them. This is a mistake.

You need to know you have 10 potential buyers first, then go get the houses to sell to them. the book tells you how.

It will work in some rural areas... it depends on how far it is away from metro areas and IF there are buyers.

Follow the instructions in the book. Talk to each potential buyer, ask then where they will and will not buy houses. Then only look for houses in the areas where you know they will buy. Don't waste time looking for deals where they won't buy.

@ CashFlowDepot

I'd like to say many thanks for making your ebook available. I'm about 8 chapters into the book and I'm really considering taking this on. I have a few questions though.

1) Will this still work in today's housing market? I noticed some of the material is dated 2001 - 2006
2) How do I evaluate my local area for sustainability? I was going to start looking for buyers, thinking it should be a good gauge.
3) Have you seen this work in rural areas, or just in larger metropolitan areas?

Thanks in advanced!

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
You can literally get 10 buyers in ONE day if you will go to the foreclosure auction in your county.

I'm going to attend one this Friday. I'm hoping some of the buyers are approachable, there are a lot of slumlord aholes in this area.

It will work in some rural areas... it depends on how far it is away from metro areas and IF there are buyers.

The nearest big city (200,000+) is 50 miles away, but there are some areas with 10k or so. We'll see what happens!

Thanks again!

Ivan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 22, 2011
Maybe what we have here is a "perceived value" problem?
People don't really act on free advice, even if it's great.

Thanks for the info, Jackie. Got 2 buyers already, will be looking for more this week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.