The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unity Game Engine just exercised their power of control that would destroy Indie Game Scene

A post of a ranting nature...

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States

Unity cuts 1,800 more staff in ‘company reset’​

2024 is off to an amazing start...
Article 1

Article 2

I hope this doesn't lead to more drama with people who use the engine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018

Unity cuts 1,800 more staff in ‘company reset’​

2024 is off to an amazing start...
Article 1

Article 2

I hope this doesn't lead to more drama with people who use the engine.
Of course it's leading to drama, just have a look on Reddit.

Unity is way overstaffed, so I'm not surprised they are downsizing. What I don't get is how on Earth they have so many bugs they don't dare to fix with so many employees. It's ridiculous.

They are also not as leading as they think. They are basically chasing Epic, which is pointless and won't work, but also the wrong mindset. At the same time, they are spreading themselves into ads and making tools that can be used in other industries rather than video games. No wonder Epic won the battle; not only they have an actual game built with their engine (Unity devs don't use their engine to make even semi-commercial games, which is hilarious), but they are focused on providing the best game engine for video games, not for every other industry.

My biggest regret is having invested in Unity, both technically and on the stock market. What a bad decision.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.