The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Understanding what an "All-timer" is

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Came across this guy's channel on another thread. Went through a watching binge in between my work. This dude is really motivational and is very straightforward. Anyways, I came across one of his videos' that had a concept that really stood out to me.

He speaks the difference between the 3 types of entrepreneurs. The part-timer, full timer, and the ALL-TIMER. Like MJ speaks about in the book, you can increase your income 1000%, but you have to be prepared to put your time and effort into getting the revenue and creating value for others.

I just wanted to share it with you guys. Here's the video,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I like the guy too and watched a few of his videos, but I soon got some concerns, even though his advice is pretty solid. I guess my BS detector is very sensitive these days..

Does anybody know if his company The PHP Agency Inc is legit? The website looks like crap compared to his personal one. At most, it seems more like an MLM than a legit insurance sales organization to me. Yelp reviews, ripoffreport etc point to similar conclusions.

In his videos he mentions over and over again that you should stick to one industry. He gives the example of the mortgage boom, people getting rich from it left and right, and that he didnt join it because he wanted to focus on a single industry, in his case insurance (or rather MLM?).

So now he goes into the coaching/mentoring/mastermind/speaker/whatever business. How am I supposed to trust / listen to somebody who doesnt follow his own advice?

The whole motivational speaker thing makes sense if his company is some MLM scheme. Still not following his own advice though.

Maybe Patrick Bet David has set up monitoring for his name or VALUETAINMENT and will respond himself as this will soon be on Google page 1 for both terms :tiphat:

Last edited:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
So now he goes into the coaching/mentoring/mastermind/speaker/whatever business. How am I supposed to trust / listen to somebody who doesnt follow his own advice?

I agree that we should always be skeptical, but there is always some wisdom in between the words and sometimes those videos are good reminders of what keeps us moving and on the fast track. I guess its more about nitpicking the information and digesting it; but to me its all about the growth process and how can I shift my mindset at this moment and this video was straightforward.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

The whole motivational speaker thing makes sense if his company is some MLM scheme. Still not following his own advice though.

Thanks for the review! Watched it before, and my danger signs started ringing when he started name-dropping all those book titles and individuals.

I mean, does he even put a game-changer to the table of business, a USP?
A full-timer entrepreneur would obviously make the better returns as the customers get 100 percent focus.
Unfortunately, the world is too full of ignorance that such simplistic videos are welcomed by the masses.
Now I can't find much to watch online to look for technicals and market insights....the Youtube feeds have been breached!
I guess I'll have to really see what the market says for ITSELF.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
After some more research I'm pretty sure its all just smoke and mirrors.

I also violated my rule of not watching motivational shit. Got sucked in by his "empty parking lot on Black Friday" video that was posted in biophase's thread. Should have known better.

http://wallstreetplayboys.com/motivation-is-for-the-weak/

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana

I also violated my rule of not watching motivational shit. Got sucked in by his "empty parking lot of Black Friday" video that was posted in biophase's thread. Should have known better.

Hahaha same exact video that got me sucked in.. now back to work!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I also violated my rule of not watching motivational shit. Got sucked in by his "empty parking lot on Black Friday" video that was posted in biophase's thread. Should have known better.

Don't worry. As long as we move on and continue to do stuff that gives value, the slowlane slavery machines will have to throw a lot more than that miserable motivational muck at us to stop our work!

In fact motivational stuff is the last thing I will read these days. I'm now busy looking for market gaps and tools. I would only need a motivational if a rooster came and sucked the life of it out of my bottom. :)

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

man... I've found some of his content valuable. Entertaining at the least.

Yet, I never bothered to look up the PHP agency. Reading your comments made me check. After spending a few minutes on the site I'm 100% convinced you're right.

It's an MLM.

Verbiage of "Business Opportunity Meeting", "New Associate Fee", and annual conventions are all hallmarks of the MLM scam.

ugh

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
I appreciate this thread, I've been following Mr. Bet-David for some time now.

Here's what I think: So what if it's an MLM? There are many different degrees to network marketing.

In fact, here's a new video he made talking about this very subject:

I don't think it's necessarily unethical, although oftentimes it can be. He seems to lead by example, and I find that respectable.

Although a fair portion of his videos are motivational blather, there is a good percentage that offers valuable knowledge.

At least he's upfront about it: to be successful, you gotta be an all the timer.

The black Friday video wasn't just marketing, it was reality. He inspires his team to come in to work on black friday, because he does, and because IT WORKS.

MLM or not, this guy is undoubtedly fastlane.

Edit: Valuetainment made me realize that bogs like b&d provide less value, and more mindless motivation. Although lately Mr. Kelly has been burning the midnight oil, and I'm excited to read his new books.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
am very glad i read this thread; if you check the PHP website, it is not at all up to par with his youtube channel; provided this may be how he came into fruition and got the funds to adapt and quickly move onto his more fulfilling projects of VALUTAINMENT what amazes me is how poor the PHP agency site really is. Slipshod construction at best selling a product that is not as useful to millenials etc (life insurance)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.