The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Understanding comic websites

Skoomoo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2019
After reading MJ's book unscripted a lot of the stuff I enjoy doing open my eyes to different possibilities of how I can start becoming a producer than a consumer.
I know very basics things about certain businesses but the one that has got my head-scratching for the longest time is manga/comics websites and how do they make money? oh sorry. "their value vouchers" ( still getting used to that :rofl:) is it Corporation owned? How do they get all the comics and manga pumped out daily and consistently? Is it even legal what they're doing?

Then their begins another question there are two websites business practices are different I believe, But are very similar we have one website called"Webtoons" they produce really amazing original webcomics made by independent artist but the thing is there's not a single ad on there website and they don't have subscription-based model so I have no idea how they even pay their artists or make any "value vouchers":rofl:for that matter.

The other is toonomics it's known for original webtoon Comics as well as for original adult webcomics. But there model is subscription-based but the thing I don't understand about these two websites is how do they get the artist to agree to use their platform.

I know this is a lot and I don't even know if any of this makes sense but I was hoping someone could fill me in on this information I couldn't find any of use on the internet, hell I couldn't even find out on their own websites.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There's probably a license model.

Submit your cartoon to our platform, we'll license it to a end user. Cartoonist gets 80%, the platform the does the license, 20%. Something like that.

D3kaB1u3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 14, 2019
Zulia, Venezuela
There's probably a license model.

Submit your cartoon to our platform, we'll license it to a end user. Cartoonist gets 80%, the platform the does the license, 20%. Something like that.

Actually there´s more than that...

Acording to Wikipedia, for the case of Webtoon, their source of income despite being digital comics on the rise, Printed Comics are still their primary source of income followed by deratives, Licensing to print in other places could also be a source of income, having the example of "Tazza", one of the earliest examples, started out as a webcomic then it became serialized on the newspaper, quickly being adapted into two movies and a TV Series. The Author of Tazza made another comic "Sikgaek " that was adapted into a movie and a TV Series respectively and also licensed to a newspaper leading to sell 540,000 copies on a Trade Paperback compilation.

The case of Toomics is your typical Subscription model, hence the reason

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.