The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Uh Oh! 2 Months, 2K Site Visitors, 32k FB Ads Reach, Only TWO Sales

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
There are 3 possible answers:

1. Your message isn't targeted to the right audience
2. No one wants what you're selling
3. Tighten up your copywriting skills to make the sale easier

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
hey im into the rave music thing, your unique visitors is horribly low...i just looked up ultra miami facebook page and they have 3.2mill likes, then you got tommorowland and all the other small festivals like veld and whatever else....you should get a dj/promoter to flash your brand, imagine you had tiesto or armin van burea rocking your stuff, your brand would be the coolest thing in town,

another idea is you should be going to these raves yourself and have a booth open / or start hanging around your customers, gossip about these cool new shoes you found online or w/e

What's up man, thanks for stopping by and giving some insight!
Honestly, reaching out to influential artists in the scene was something I had in mind when I very first got this idea (On the drive back from EDC specifically)
But the issue of the product being white-labeled quickly came to mind, so I wanted "Phase 2" to involve a uniquely designed set of shoes and lights that would be built from the ground up. Looking back, perhaps I should have started this way, but I wanted to go the whitelabeling route to validate.

Which brings me to my next point, I've sold a good few off of "word of mouth" and attending events. But I have yet to establish a booth or anything. It's definitely been thought of though. I appreciate the suggestions, man!

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
Amazing advice already. I'll jump on the list as well.

Gifs of the shoes in action, changing color etc.
Possibly testaments, on the spot video.
Different shoe laces,
Your logo is awesome, why is it not on the shoe?
Must really improve site,

Just finished reading the "book", so the two things that scream out are benefits, and branding. What are the benefits of this shoe for your customers? And that needs to be shown in the webpage through the gif, pics, testaments.

Branding, your logo is so cool, but the name did not stick, no USP? Branding, branding, branding. It looks like a great product with the right marketing tweaks and some improvement on its design, you got a winner.

For the website a scrolling front pic section, also this is an led shoe, make that site pop color, black is the dominant color. Price slashing, they were $59.99, on sale now for $49,99. Free shipping, guaranteed satisfaction. etc. How about a free giveaway contest. "Like page and enter to win", type of thing. I would then target on the main page the three sub groups in separate links about 1/2 way on the page. Raves- Children- or whichever sub category you have.

Also I would name the shoes, like Mars, or Venus, or some fancy name not simply black multishine. How about Trix?

Awesome to see process in action.

Thanks for the response man, and I appreciate the compliments!
I fought pretty hard to get my manufacturer to put the logo on the sides of the shoe, but they wouldn't budge unless I ordered hundreds more. For now it's on the insole, and the "tongue" of the shoe above the laces. Then it appears again on the metal tags I put on each lace.

Excellent points on the USP and the branding tweaks. I'm currently working on renaming (In fact I finished that today :) ) and retaking photos to completely redesign the site. I'll do my best with tweaking the site colors as well, as this isn't my strong suit haha!

I'm also working on a major giveaway for a major festival in 2017, it's called EDC. But with that, I have to improve the engagement on my social media pages to make it worth while. Another user had a brilliant idea for email sign ups, which I may implement with the giveaway idea as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to share!

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
Copy suggestion:

Whoever said above that "light up shoes" sounds like something for children is correct. Try a new term like "illuminated footwear".

Rep transfered for the AMAZING term. I'm running with this! Thank you :D

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
@AllenCrawley Thank you!
Tomorrow night I will be taking completely new photos, including shots with alternating laces since I love the mentions of different laces as an upsell opportunity / "customization" option. As for the header, I'm going to wrestle with the site's HTML/CSS this weekend or end up buying a theme I've already customized, in order to really showcase the shoes on the home page.

At first, my FB ads were sending people to the homepage. Huge mistake. I caught this after 2 days and since then have been sending people to the product page. However, I realized I organized these pages incorrectly in Shopify, and was sending ad clicks to the wrong page. So I fixed this and dolled it up a bit more and will now send ad clicks to the updated product pages once I'm all done.

I really like the idea of giving sign ups the $10 Gift Card, thank you for that. (In Shopify would this technically be a discount code? I had to move down to the basic plan after my first month of no sales)

I'll also work on funding ads for sign ups and not sales. ( I just never liked that idea too much for this, but backed with the Gift Card idea, that may result in a lot more engagement) The conversion you have on that is amazing! Thank you for the app suggestion as well, I'll add that to my list.

Many thanks for all your help!

I will say that all the amazing feedback I've gotten from everyone has reignited the fire I first had when working on this project.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
What page are you directing traffic to in your fb/google ads?
When I first started, I directed them to the home page. After realizing what I was doing wrong, I shifted to the product page but even that was a mistake on my part since I didn't organize it properly on Shopify. So I redid it and will now have clicks going to the new page :)

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Rep transfered for the AMAZING term. I'm running with this! Thank you :D

Feel free to use it, but i bet you can come up with something better.

This thread is actually very helpful. Ive got a few websites in unrelated areas, but the questions, answers, and auggestions here are all applicable. Solid advice!

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
If your focus is on raves why not include rave in the name. Rave by Ecstacy, the shoe that brings the party to life. Yes, I made a generalization with the brand name, but you know Ecstacy is a great brand name.

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
When I hear "light up shoes" I automatically think of the fake yeezys. Not sure if you put pictures in your ads but I would recommend that so that visitors know what to expect on the website. I expected more fake yeezys.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
When I hear "light up shoes" I automatically think of the fake yeezys. Not sure if you put pictures in your ads but I would recommend that so that visitors know what to expect on the website. I expected more fake yeezys.
I know exactly which ones you're talking about lol. But no, we won't sell those designs and I do include photos in my ads.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Are they popular elsewhere in the world? I saw them for the first time yesterday and my daughter had to have them. Best kids shoes ever..not sure about the adult market though

Attachments

• IMG_20161220_191432 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_20161220_191432 (Medium).jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Are they popular elsewhere in the world? I saw them for the first time yesterday and my daughter had to have them. Best kids shoes ever..not sure about the adult market though
A couple people at my school have them (grand total of 400 some kids in the high school). They're pretty popular. In fact, every time I view this thread an ad for them pops up.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
A couple people at my school have them (grand total of 400 some kids in the high school). They're pretty popular. In fact, every time I view this thread an ad for them pops up.
Hello!
Thank you for the response. They're pretty popular among the rave scene and music festivals here in the U.S.
That's my target audience at the moment.

(Whoops I hit reply to the wrong comment lol!)

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
A couple of quick things that I think will help you.
1. I would remove the agree to terms and conditions thing before the customer evens gets into checkout. If you have to require a customer to agree to terms and conditions I would do it at the end of the checkout as they are paying.
2. I would change your cart to where when an item is added the cart pops open and they can then click checkout. You want to lead the customer by the hand from the add to cart right into the checkout process. If they miss the tiny little drop down they might not even be sure how to find the product and buy it.

3. I would add the checkout with PayPal option right on the cart. Give them the option to checkout with PayPal or checkout. The customer then knows that he can use PayPal to pay immediately and doesn't have to figure out how to do it.

Watch all of Andy blacks videos on Adwords as they contain tons of little tricks that are huge helps when starting out. One of the biggest is never use broad match. Always use broad match modifier, exact match, or phrase match.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
1. I would remove the agree to terms and conditions thing before the customer evens gets into checkout. If you have to require a customer to agree to terms and conditions I would do it at the end of the checkout as they are paying.
2. I would change your cart to where when an item is added the cart pops open and they can then click checkout. You want to lead the customer by the hand from the add to cart right into the checkout process. If they miss the tiny little drop down they might not even be sure how to find the product and buy it.

3. I would add the checkout with PayPal option right on the cart. Give them the option to checkout with PayPal or checkout. The customer then knows that he can use PayPal to pay immediately and doesn't have to figure out how to do it.

Watch all of Andy blacks videos on Adwords as they contain tons of little tricks that are huge helps when starting out. One of the biggest is never use broad match. Always use broad match modifier, exact match, or phrase match.

Many thanks for taking the time to share!
I'll make the adjustments to my checkout process. I know that I can't tweak too much with their system but there are a lot of backend options I can use to implement those changes. I will admit I haven't gone through checkout on mobile. I always seem to use the desktop version for my tests since I obviously work on the site on my desktop. I'll get better at making sure the mobile experience is better.

Wow, thank you for that last tid bit. I've unfortunately been using broad match for my Google Ads. I'll spend some time watching his videos before using Google Ads again.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Lot's of good advice here.

Trust is the number one factor if they are going to buy from you or not (aside from if they can afford it). They've done research on internet shoppers, and one thing that helped tremendously with trusting the website they didn't know about, is pictures of people. If you only have a bunch of products it doesn't make it very relatable and looks like a typical sales website.

I know this has been suggested, but try throwing up some pictures of people wearing the shoes with some reviews of what they thought of them. There's a reason all those pharma ad's have people walking around smiling. Connect with the users in a relatable way and it should help with sales, not just show pictures of the product.

For pricing, i'd recommend reading through this post for some strategies.

http://www.nickkolenda.com/psychological-pricing-strategies/

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
Thank

Trust is the number one factor if they are going to buy from you or not (aside from if they can afford it). They've done research on internet shoppers, and one thing that helped tremendously with trusting the website they didn't know about, is pictures of people. If you only have a bunch of products it doesn't make it very relatable and looks like a typical sales website.

I know this has been suggested, but try throwing up some pictures of people wearing the shoes with some reviews of what they thought of them. There's a reason all those pharma ad's have people walking around smiling. Connect with the users in a relatable way and it should help with sales, not just show pictures of the product.

Thanks for the suggestions!
The human factor is actually one of the best pieces of advice I got from my reddit thread. I've been working on it but it's kind of hard with limited stock.

Thanks for the pricing link too! I'll check it out.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California

Hello again!
I managed to add the check out with PayPal button on my cart page, and I organized it properly for both desktop and mobile.
I also removed the Terms.

As for having the cart be more apparent, I'll have to work on that based on my theme.
I really appreciate the suggestions!

Quick Edit: I just enabled a page redirect once the customer adds an item to the cart. This should help!

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 7, 2013

This pricing link is GOLD. Thanks for posting this!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
One other thing I would do is just create a contact us email form that they can fill out rather than just giving them the email addresses. The contact us form goes direct to your email. People have been far more likely to shoot an email that way rather than copying and pasting the email address into their own email account. You can create it in the shopify admin under pages.

If you are able to be on your cell phone most of the time I would also add a chat option to your website. I use zendesk app in the Shopify App Store and then they have an app for my iPhone. It rings on my phone when someone wants to chat and I can answer their questions in real time. You can choose to go "invisible" on the app when you are unable to chat (sleeping, no cell access etc.) When you choose the invisible option the chat box disappears from your site and then just switch it back live when you can answer questions again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.