The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Twitter Tactic - Is it bad for my Blog/Image.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I have a question I have been pondering. Currently, to gain followers on twitter I have been searching people, at replying them, then following them. It seems to be working well enough, only taking time.

I recently read about a different method, which is going to some of the tops in the industry, and friends all of the people following them. Now this seems rather shady, however it seems like it will be more efficient for getting followers and getting people to my blog. Thoughts? Comments?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

I don't think it's shady. I remember reading somewhere just recently that about half of all "random" adds are accepted.

I've been doing the same thing, but with facebook (you haven't accepted my add by the way lol).

You're not scamming them or anything, so if they accept then it's all good.

Ryan

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Just be sure to go easy on spamming... I de-friend a lot of folks who friend me because we have mutual friends after they start breaking out the constant stream of canned meat food product on me.

It's a balance - ask yourself whether or not what you send would get a response or be of interest to you?

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Follow away. The key to social media is to remember it's a conversation.

One analogy that I really like:

You're at a cocktail party. What do you do:

Start passing out your business card to everyone there and flashing your products for sale?

OR

Start conversations with people. Get to know them. Show interest. When the conversation leads to the industry that your in then you can say "oh and by the way..."

Just my two cents.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Thanks for all the comments!

My strategy as of now has been searching terms related to my industry then joining in the conversation.

Giving my opinions/thoughts/recommendations etc etc. Haven't been mass friending, only friending people I have @'ed. I think i'll stick to this strategy for now. I may start upping it later when we start adding more regular updates.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Thanks for all the comments!

My strategy as of now has been searching terms related to my industry then joining in the conversation.

Giving my opinions/thoughts/recommendations etc etc. Haven't been mass friending, only friending people I have @'ed. I think i'll stick to this strategy for now. I may start upping it later when we start adding more regular updates.

This is the right way to do Twitter.

I would rather have 100 followers who are really engaged and responsive to my tweets, than 20,000 people who I mass followed that don't ever read anything that I write.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Can you recommend any browser-based flash MMOs that are big right now or upcoming?

Thanks,

I am actually not super familiar with that area of the market. I mainly specialize in the download/buyable games.

But, my room-mate is working for a company in Austin that is developing a 3d Mass Multiplayer browser based strategy game.

Looks pretty interesting, should be coming out relatively soon:

Night Owl Games - Home

I've also heard good things about Free Realms, we are planning on starting to review games soon(and hopefully branch into browser mmos). It seems to be a great game for casual gamers, however with any of these free games, if you want access to the content, your going to have to fork out $$.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.