The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Transforming my life form a software engineer to an Entrepreneur

average

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Dec 7, 2018
To be completely honest, before reading the book "The millionaire fast lane" my life goal was to just find a high paying job. That was how I pictured success, or rather that's how my family did. So you could imagine how shocked I was to know that I was living a lie. Reading the book changed my mentality and the way I think.
I am currently a software engineer. I am sure I can code and make my own ideas and bring them to life. I am interested in online businesses and bringing value online either with services or apps.

I am looking forward to getting inspired at this forum and get to know people like me and read their posts.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
That's how I was too! I actually just graduated with my computer science degree, but I'm not actively pursuing a rat race job. If you're interested in an online business model / service check out the lead generation stuff with Ippei kanehara, he's got some great info on his blog. Also MJ has done something similar to that as well before, but I'd have to dig deeper to find out for sure so I don't totally put words in his mouth...check that stuff out though!

average

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Dec 7, 2018
That's how I was too! I actually just graduated with my computer science degree, but I'm not actively pursuing a rat race job. If you're interested in an online business model / service check out the lead generation stuff with Ippei kanehara, he's got some great info on his blog. Also MJ has done something similar to that as well before, but I'd have to dig deeper to find out for sure so I don't totally put words in his mouth...check that stuff out though!
thank you very much. It means a lot for me to get these kind of hints to learn more.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
You guys dont even know how many startups look for a CTO. Its at the moment probably the best skill to have in entrepreneurship.

Sometimes I wonder what could happen if we get 10 devs from this forum together and create an online business. I'm on the other end. Tons of ideas in the medical space but not the technical abilities to create the product.

SoftwareEducator

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 23, 2021
To be completely honest, before reading the book "The millionaire fast lane" my life goal was to just find a high paying job. That was how I pictured success, or rather that's how my family did. So you could imagine how shocked I was to know that I was living a lie. Reading the book changed my mentality and the way I think.
I am currently a software engineer. I am sure I can code and make my own ideas and bring them to life. I am interested in online businesses and bringing value online either with services or apps.

I am looking forward to getting inspired at this forum and get to know people like me and read their posts.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco
Congratulations on your decision to try and live unscripted ! I am also a software engineer by trade looking to get out of the scripted life.

When you say you are interested in online business, do you want to build a SaaS product or do you want to be a consultant?

Whichever one it is (or isn't), do you know people outside of software who need problems solved with software, and do they know you are a software engineer open to taking on projects to solve their problems?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...