The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Top 6 Tips For A Successful B&P

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
1) Keep alcohol consumption under 10 drinks per night to make the meetups on time in the AM.

2) Don't enjoy the weather to the extent that you could visualize yourself living there. This contributes to #'s 3 & 4 unconsciously and leads to further oversights.

3) If on a different home time zone, adjust your watch and computer upon arrival. This will ensure you will not show up for your flight 2 hours after it's departure, regardless if it's the same day your flight was scheduled or not.

4) Don't get too wrapped up in hanging out and forget which day you leave. They do NOT offer credits for flights scheduled the previous day. This will save you $600 dollars in airfare, 8 hours of pissed off traveling, and a bottle of Jack after your done kicking and screaming.

5)
BE SURE to PRE!!!! schedule transportation to the airport to avoid waiting on a cab for 45 minutes. This will help you appear slightly less of a D bag when you show up hours late for your flight that was on a different day. Additionally, this will allow you to choose your company and ensure you're driver does not persuade you that the Mayans were legendary and should be worshipped, the planets are coming out of alignment which causes summer and winter, and last but not least, today doesn't matter because the earth is ending in 2012. :urock2:

6) Purchase a megaphone during your stay, and shout "MICHAEL"!!!! from the rooftops when in a 500' radius of Firesky.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Sounds like you had a great time!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Actually I really enjoyed myself and the people.

It was worth the sand in my panties today.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
nice.

literally LMAO. Kids giving me weird looks...

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
hahahaha

I'm dying Matt

we'll have to do better next time :smxB:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well if its any consolation, numbers 3 and 5 don't matter once number 4 happens...

So are you still here?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Once you got to this one:

3) If on a different home time zone, adjust your watch and computer upon arrival. This will ensure you will not show up for your flight 2 hours after it's departure, regardless if it's the same day your flight was scheduled or not.

I was laughing uncontrollably until the end.

Lucky I wasn't drinking milk.

Woulda gone through ma nose! :D

-Russ H.

PS It was really great sitting around the sand fire and getting to know you better. I could have talked w/you for hours about stuff. You were my biggest surprise of the meet up.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
OMG!!! LMAO. Rep+ because you had to put in extra effort and take action with circumstances that you had.

And at least you can say you came away from the experience by learning something, right?

I totally enjoyed meeting you and hope that you plan (better, perhaps) to attend again next year.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Are you trying to say that your flight was actually yesterday?

If so, bravo... that's a B&P first :great:

You would be correct sir. Right around the time we were having lunch. **I think!** lol

hahahaha

I'm dying Matt

we'll have to do better next time :smxB:

Yes, next year the Grand Canyon should be in the cards... maybe some red rock mtn biking too.

And try not to dance too much...

:jackson::hammertime:

Oh no, it's on now. Bill's getting lessons straight away, and I'm not losing the bet!

Well if its any consolation, numbers 3 and 5 don't matter once number 4 happens...

So are you still here?

Haha, nah I'm home now after visiting Nashville for a bit. ;)

Once you got to this one:

I was laughing uncontrollably until the end.

Lucky I wasn't drinking milk.

Woulda gone through ma nose! :D

-Russ H.

PS It was really great sitting around the sand fire and getting to know you better. I could have talked w/you for hours about stuff. You were my biggest surprise of the meet up.

Likewise. Maybe next year you can add a couple days.:tiphat:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I would like to add tip #7. If Bill ever asks you to flip for dinner, it's always plus EV, because it means you will get a free dinner. Thanks Bill!!!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I would like to add tip #7. If Bill ever asks you to flip for dinner, it's always plus EV, because it means you will get a free dinner. Thanks Bill!!!

Ah yes! Never been much of a gambler, but BOY can I play some CC Roulette!

Now if only neither Steve nor Bill remembers the dancing bet for next year @ PCL, I'll be in business. (*sets aside my grand for that loss prematurely* :smxE:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.