The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To distribute or to make it yourself

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
Hi! So I've read enough of the threads for now and with a lot of help from @fastlane_dad @NeoDialectic , many other great contributors and especially @Andy Black that tells, that you better start doing it NOW :), I stopped action-faking and stared taking actions. I've found the product that I genuinely think is super cool and it doesn't have shipping in my country. So I have this dilemma:

1) To contact the guys and ask them to be their distributor in the country I live in.
OR
2)
To take their idea and make the same product here myself.

If I do the same thing but in my country, I guess that's a bit unethical, but on the other hand, if they wanted they've shipped here.

But if I'll be their distributor, I get to know more about the product and than starting my (kinda) own thing is even more unethical.

What do you think is better option here? I'm literally just starting out and have 0 real experience in the entrepreneurship, so if I said something stupid - please do tell :). I'm eager to learn on those mistakes

This is my first post and I really appreciate everyone's help and grateful to @MJ DeMarco for the community he has built over all these years. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Hi! So I've read enough of the threads for now and with a lot of help from @fastlane_dad @NeoDialectic , many other great contributors and especially @Andy Black that tells, that you better start doing it NOW :), I stopped action-faking and stared taking actions. I've found the product that I genuinely think is super cool and it doesn't have shipping in my country. So I have this dilemma:

1) To contact the guys and ask them to be their distributor in the country I live in.
OR
2)
To take their idea and make the same product here myself.

If I do the same thing but in my country, I guess that's a bit unethical, but on the other hand, if they wanted they've shipped here.

But if I'll be their distributor, I get to know more about the product and than starting my (kinda) own thing is even more unethical.

What do you think is better option here? I'm literally just starting out and have 0 real experience in the entrepreneurship, so if I said something stupid - please do tell :). I'm eager to learn on those mistakes

This is my first post and I really appreciate everyone's help and grateful to @MJ DeMarco for the community he has built over all these years. Thank you!
"What do you think is better option here? "

Try to improve significantly the product of the company to avoid ethical and legal issues. Think what other problems that exist can be solved if some modification would be implemented.

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
"What do you think is better option here? "

Try to improve significantly the product of the company to avoid ethical and legal issues. Think what other problems that exist can be solved if some modification would be implemented.
Thank you! :)

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
What is the product if you don't mind me asking? And no it's not unethical if you find a value skew of some sort & make it so the customer wins bigger.

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
What is the product if you don't mind me asking? And no it's not unethical if you find a value skew of some sort & make it so the customer wins bigger.
Sure, it Stur, I really loved the idea since I've started to consciously drink 2 liters of water per day

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Sure, it Stur, I really loved the idea since I've started to consciously drink 2 liters of water per day
It’s basically flavored water with stevia. I’d say do your own brand.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Oh so do you have trouble getting ahold of that specific item? Why not buy robinsons squashed? Does that exist?

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
Oh so do you have trouble getting ahold of that specific item? Why not buy robinsons squashed? Does that exist?
Can't get it here too, I guess you can by overpaying a few times, I look into it, thank you for sharing the other product

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Can't get it here too, I guess you can by overpaying a few times, I look into it, thank you for sharing the other product
Yeah so then just distribute it yourself. But, try get customers for it first, then that takes some of the risk out.

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
Yeah so then just distribute it yourself. But, try get customers for it first, then that takes some of the risk out.
Of course, soft proof first, thanks for the advice!

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Thank you! :)
Here are some suggestions:
1) make them from bio-degradable material;
2) make inside with silver infused (silver protect against multiple pathogens (including viruses and bacteria);
3) make inside with gold infused (there is now a fashion trend among rich people to eat food with eatable gold, see

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
2) make inside with silver infused (silver protect against multiple pathogens (including viruses and bacteria);
3) make inside with gold infused (there is now a fashion trend among rich people to eat food with eatable gold, see
Wow, appreciate the impact, man, will definitely consider all of that.

Stepan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 17, 2022
Russia
Appreciate it, brother

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.