The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tired all the damn time

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Since school ended this semester, I have been feeling extremely exhausted from the time I get up in the morning, until I go to bed.

I have alot on my plate right now, with my Dating Coaching business, facilitating a move with my girlfriend, getting my classes and everything set up for next semester, trying to open a fastlane business ( a shopify dropshipping store), family obligations, and a part time job.

In the past this hasn't been an issue, but since school has stared, I've pretty much stopped working out altogether. I started working out again last week, but now I feel more exhausted than ever. I'm wondering, I'm only 23.

Why is this happening to me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUserX09

Sounds like depression.

Exercise and meditation both produce similar effects to an anti-depressant.

Are you eating well, sleeping well, and taking care of your fitness? Are you neglecting a key piece of your social life?

People say it sounds stupid that exercising will give them more energy rather than drain it. It's true, do just 10 minutes of cardio in the morning. Even 10 minutes of jumping jacks if you have to. Don't focus on this ordeal too much, the more you focus on it, the more of a reality it becomes and the more power you give it.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Sounds like depression.

Exercise and meditation both produce similar effects to an anti-depressant.

Are you eating well, sleeping well, and taking care of your fitness? Are you neglecting a key piece of your social life?

People say it sounds stupid that exercising will give them more energy rather than drain it. It's true, do just 10 minutes of cardio in the morning. Even 10 minutes of jumping jacks if you have to. Don't focus on this ordeal too much, the more you focus on it, the more of a reality it becomes and the more power you give it.

I'm slowly working exercise back into my life just because it used to be such a big and important part of it, and now that I'm making money again I can afford it a little. I hope this helps and I start getting less tired as my body speeds up.

Eating Well? I think so. I'm doing a slow carb diet , the one Tim Ferris has in his 4 hour body book.
Sleeping Well? About 6 hours a night. I think I need more however. Since this whole exhaustion phase, I've been wanting to sleep for like 9-10 hours, which is totally unlike me.

As for social life, I really feel like I dont have much time for it. Most of my friends live back home in California, and the friends I have here just want to get drunk and high. Both of these things make choosing to either stay home and work or go hang out with friends a very easy choice, considering I dont like drinking or getting high that much. I also spend way too much time with my girlfriend, so that probably has been contributing to my exhaustion.

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
Go see a medical professional.

Seriously, it could be anything or nothing but we can't do any better than guess.

I won't scare you with my life story but I ignored fatigue from age 23 to 25 and paid dearly. I can only recommend, if nothing serious is found, a simple habit of the morning "healthy" energy smoothie. With just greens and the right fruit/nutrients, it has helped my recovery and made me feel my age again.

(Edit: saw your reply...My fiance's noticed too: )

Cheers
Joey

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Go see a medical professional.

Seriously, it could be anything or nothing but we can't do any better than guess.

I won't scare you with my life story but I ignored fatigue from age 23 to 25 and paid dearly. I can only recommend, if nothing serious is found, a simple habit of the morning "healthy" energy smoothie. With just greens and the right fruit/nutrients, it has helped my recovery and made me feel my age again.

(Edit: saw your reply...My fiance's noticed too:)

Cheers
Joey

Thanks for the response Joey,
I'm interested in your story though. Would you be comfortable sharing it?
It might motivate me to get to see a doctor ASAP ;)

G

GuestUserX09

@nmalcolm92 yeah, so.. when momentum slows, its a good time to work on your foundation. Just double check and make some enhancements to your daily routine and make sure it is all positive. Nothing crazy, but just positive movement, habits.

People go through seasons, just make sure you're making progress. But.. have some fun. Go drinking with your friends. I find myself more productive by going on a bar night once every other month than isolating because they "aren't hustling". Break from the gf for a day or two, you might just need to have some fun.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
@nmalcolm92 yeah, so.. when momentum slows, its a good time to work on your foundation. Just double check and make some enhancements to your daily routine and make sure it is all positive. Nothing crazy, but just positive movement, habits.

People go through seasons, just make sure you're making progress. But.. have some fun. Go drinking with your friends. I find myself more productive by going on a bar night once every other month than isolating because they "aren't hustling". Break from the gf for a day or two, you might just need to have some fun.

So you think just take a day off one of these days?

Maybe I'll just check out of life this saturday.

ejames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 5, 2015
New York
Since school ended this semester, I have been feeling extremely exhausted from the time I get up in the morning, until I go to bed.

I have alot on my plate right now, with my Dating Coaching business, facilitating a move with my girlfriend, getting my classes and everything set up for next semester, trying to open a fastlane business ( a shopify dropshipping store), family obligations, and a part time job.

In the past this hasn't been an issue, but since school has stared, I've pretty much stopped working out altogether. I started working out again last week, but now I feel more exhausted than ever. I'm wondering, I'm only 23.

Have you tried taking wheat grass in the morning. Its kind of expensive but well worth it for you overall health. I take it in the morning and im good to go all day!

Also don't eat too heavy as that can make you lethargic.

G

GuestUserX09

So you think just take a day off one of these days?

Maybe I'll just check out of life this saturday.

Yeah man, there's a good chance you're just burnt and spinning your tires. Spend a day or two doing everything that would make your hustling productive self cringe. Need some contrast to your grind or it can get pretty depressing, dull, monotonous.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Sleeping Well? About 6 hours a night. I think I need more however. Since this whole exhaustion phase, I've been wanting to sleep for like 9-10 hours, which is totally unlike me.
So what you're saying is...you're getting less than the recommended amount of sleep and feel tired all the time?

Hmm.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
So what you're saying is...you're getting less than the recommended amount of sleep and feel tired all the time?

Hmm.

Totally realize how dumb this sounds, but I've never had this problem at all before. Six hours has always been perfect.

G

GuestUser450

I'd see a Dr. and at least get their opinion. I'd say blood tests too, but I'm weird, take supplements and have them done regularly for my own piece of mind.

I went down this road myself, and tried LOTS to sleep better. Here's what's actually worked for me:

• Black out the room. I use a dark fleece throw, thumbtacked over the window because I'm cheap thrifty.
  • Lower the temp. House is usually at 77, but at night I drop it to 70.
  • No caffeine after 10am.
  • I do low carb too, so I take a tbl of honey before bed. The science behind it isn't the 'repeated double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial' that I like, but it works.
  • I started getting up much earlier to recalibrate. I was staying up later and later and it was wrecking my energy. I get up by 5 now.
  • Power naps. Most swear by 20 min. naps, but those make me feel terrible, so I do 45-60 min, as necessary, usually early afternoon. I take 2 or 3 a week.
  • Nasal strips. I have allergies and septum issues which, short of surgery, I just have to live with. They've made a big difference too.
  • Blue light. I replaced the iPad with a kindle by the bed, and have no computers or monitors in the room.
  • Time to unwind. I used to work and then flop into bed. Not good. Now I start to turn things off about an hour before, a quick shower and read/listen to ambient playlist.
I didn't realize how much I did/how crazy it sounds until I typed it out but I was doing at least as many things wrong before.

Last edited by a moderator:

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Could be the quality of sleep. Try noise reduction (ear plugs) and eliminating all light (blocking out windows). Or the time you go to bed.

Could be stress. Maybe you are doing something you dont want to do and not doing something you should be doing. Suggest reading the book One Thing by Gary Keller.

Also for me personally. Its quality of sleep and diet. Eating big meals F*cks me up for hours.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
It could be the readjustment to a new routine, a combination of everything you have going on and getting back in the gym. I would guess you're more mentally exhausted than actually "tired." I get that way quite a bit because I work a job that requires a great deal of attention. I've often attributed it to wanting to just turn my brain off. I know I have things I need to do, but I'm drained. It makes me want to sleep. I'm like a zombie.

Meditating is pretty good. It helps to recenter yourself and release a lot of tension. Doing it often will help you in times where you can't just sit down and close your eyes. You'll be able to take a few seconds and clear your mind.

Taking naps is also good. It helps you to recharge. I took one today and now that I got up and moving, I actually feel better and more alert.

I stopped drinking coffee almost two weeks ago and I actually have more energy. I love drinking coffee. I love the taste of it. However, it was causing anxiety, nervousness, and jittery feelings. I wasn't getting the caffeine rush anymore. I would drink one or two cups a day and after a few hours I just wanted to go back to sleep. It was literally causing me to be more tired. I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms like I thought I would. I drank a lot of water to stay hydrated so I think that helped quite a bit.

I also agree with the fact that you should just take a break. Take a day off. Go off and do something fun that will get your mind off of business and life in general.

NewThunderstorm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 28, 2015
Coblence, Germany
You are doing a low carb diet? No wonder you feel like that :D I used to have the same problem when I went for low carb/calories. Try to eat more, especially carbs. Low carb is the worst you can do to your body, go low fat but remain at the same calories and you will notice the difference. Another time my diet has been right but I still felt like shit, I went to a doctor and he told my that something is wrong with my thyroid and that's why I am so tired all the time.

BStaff95

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 31, 2016
Do you go to sleep and wake up around the same time every day? If not try that, it seems to help the energy whenever I can stick to a routine.

Also I agree on meditating. It does wonders after a while if you can get yourself to do it every day, even if it's 5-10 minutes.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

I recently took some very comprehensive tests because I was experiencing something similar. I was in shape, ate well, slept decent, etc... Turns out some really obvious things were off that I needed to adjust. I'm kicking myself that I didn't know about them sooner.

I'd talk to someone who really knows what they're talking about... like REALLY knows what they're talking about. Random doctor123 often will not, the same way someone with a business degree doesn't know shit about business. Most doctors will treat the end results instead of what's causing them. Scary, but true.

You could have anything from adrenal fatigue, to gluten sensitivity, to a gut issue that's causing you not to take in the nutrients you need, etc...

If you've got the money, I'd highly recommend testing everything you can(mine cost a few grand), because you'll learn a lot about your body and know the root causes. If not, at minimum I'd recommend getting a consult from 1-2 doctors who practice identifying root causes and not giving prescriptions to mask the end result, which is what most are trained/incentivized to do.

Side note: Health is the most important thing. Most people refuse to spend money on stuff like this because "it's expensive". Since others don't invest in their health it seems even more expensive because no one else has these types of expenses. I can tell you in the very short time since I've started split testing some things with my body the energy I have that I didn't have before will make whatever I spent back 100x.

Side side note: Times like these are when having money is meaningful. I know it's semi off-topic, but it's important(not directed at OP but hopefully to help everyone). Some people say "money isn't important", or "money doesn't buy happiness" or whatever the new quote of the day is from people without it. THESE are the times when having money is meaningful, because you can make the right decision for your health rather than having a lack of money make you choose a decision that negatively impacts your health. It's a freeing feeling to spend money and not have to think about it, it made me realize that there are a lot of people out there living in a suboptimal state of health who probably will never spend money on stuff like this, and many of them are the same people who falsely believe having money isn't important. Money is very, very important in a lot of ways. Health stuff that you don't foresee is just one prime, obvious example.

Stack cash, stay healthy.

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
You are doing a low carb diet? No wonder you feel like that :D I used to have the same problem when I went for low carb/calories. Try to eat more, especially carbs. Low carb is the worst you can do to your body, go low fat but remain at the same calories and you will notice the difference. Another time my diet has been right but I still felt like shit, I went to a doctor and he told my that something is wrong with my thyroid and that's why I am so tired all the time.
So you're giving (bad) nutrition advice while you have something wrong with your thyroid.

This thread is interesting.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Start by adjusting sleep. Then come back to this thread.

Try your regular 6 hours + a 3 hour nap.

Lebron James sleeps 12 hours a day. 9 hours doesn't make you lazy. I sleep at least 8-10. Everyone's different.

G

Guest34764

You haven't thought that maybe you're juggling too many things at once?...

All the work could be catching up with you and making you feel so exhausted.

NewThunderstorm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 28, 2015
Coblence, Germany
So you're giving (bad) nutrition advice while you have something wrong with your thyroid.

This thread is interesting.

My thyroid is alright again, still I used to have problems with being tired all the time and when I changed my nutrition from low carb to high carb I didn't have any problems anymore. Do your research and you will find out that low carb is total bullshit :D

Charnell

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
My thyroid is alright again, still I used to have problems with being tired all the time and when I changed my nutrition from low carb to high carb I didn't have any problems anymore. Do your research and you will find out that low carb is total bullshit :D
No.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
I never really noticed ,but im also the same way.. for the past 2 years(im 25) .. i haven't went to a gym since i graduated @ 23...

Started looking for a job ended up with two, then started graduate school ..then i got to the point to where i have to take a nap in the middle of the day everyday lol...in my car during lunch break and before i went to my other job...or night classes

I feel like im alway tired ,even when i do sleep for 8 hours on the weekends but when i was working out i had problems sleeping...im all messed up :(

aespinosa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 23, 2016
I'm watching the thread. I'm very interesting in this too.
I'm the same age as OP and I feel very tired all day. But in my case I think I know what it is: lack of sleep, I sleep around five hours per day. I tried to sleep more, but I barely have free time, so if I sleep, I don't do all the stuff.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm watching the thread. I'm very interesting in this too.
I'm the same age as OP and I feel very tired all day. But in my case I think I know what it is: lack of sleep, I sleep around five hours per day. I tried to sleep more, but I barely have free time, so if I sleep, I don't do all the stuff.

I think the first thing in general that you all should look at is diet. Change the foods you eat and see if there is a change in energy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.