The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tips for selling on Linkedin

Marketing, social media, advertising

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I see a good number of hate and frustration towards linked-in ranging from PM and posts. I personally do sales online simply because it's my only route of sales. Most of my returns are from LinkedIn and Instagram outreach and this is how I do it.

When you're connecting on LinkedIn, you're connecting with them with the pretext of networking professionally, so selling to them is not out of the picture. What I've done is to send them a personal message like "Hey Mike, I've heard solid things about your company, thanks for connecting and looking forward to chatting with you sometime." Keep an eye on them for the next few days to make sure they're engaged and active on linked in. Leave a comment or 2 on their posts maybe post a article that is relevant to what they're sharing. (make sure you're somewhat active on your wall too, this is where i tend to struggle)

After a few days, make sure you get their email by searching for it. Don't use Linked in to direct message, tons of direct messages try to sell and I myself get tuned out and delete those lengthy posts of trying to be my friend to sell me whatever. The email could be something like "Hey mike, we connected on linked in earlier this month,I noticed that you're posting about (X topic). My company does web marketing and we've had some experience working with (X topic) and it got me thinking, maybe we could connect further and see if we could build a working relationship. I'm free on Weds at around 4pm. "

I do web design, I sometimes post some samples links of my work that is most relevant to whatever "mike" is working with.

I've seen too many young entrepreneurs jumping on the marketing train and just spamming on LinkedIn, then walking away and complaining it doesn't work. LinkedIn is one of the best places to identify your target, connect, but not execute. Do that on a personal level, either email or phone calls will work much better than a direct PM.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JB92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you for the information, I would particularly like to hear how you market web design via instagram also? Do you find & follow accounts with CEO descriptions or?

JB92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 28, 2019
I see a good number of hate and frustration towards linked-in ranging from PM and posts. I personally do sales online simply because it's my only route of sales. Most of my returns are from LinkedIn and Instagram outreach and this is how I do it.

When you're connecting on LinkedIn, you're connecting with them with the pretext of networking professionally, so selling to them is not out of the picture. What I've done is to send them a personal message like "Hey Mike, I've heard solid things about your company, thanks for connecting and looking forward to chatting with you sometime." Keep an eye on them for the next few days to make sure they're engaged and active on linked in. Leave a comment or 2 on their posts maybe post a article that is relevant to what they're sharing. (make sure you're somewhat active on your wall too, this is where i tend to struggle)

After a few days, make sure you get their email by searching for it. Don't use Linked in to direct message, tons of direct messages try to sell and I myself get tuned out and delete those lengthy posts of trying to be my friend to sell me whatever. The email could be something like "Hey mike, we connected on linked in earlier this month,I noticed that you're posting about (X topic). My company does web marketing and we've had some experience working with (X topic) and it got me thinking, maybe we could connect further and see if we could build a working relationship. I'm free on Weds at around 4pm. "

I do web design, I sometimes post some samples links of my work that is most relevant to whatever "mike" is working with.

I've seen too many young entrepreneurs jumping on the marketing train and just spamming on LinkedIn, then walking away and complaining it doesn't work. LinkedIn is one of the best places to identify your target, connect, but not execute. Do that on a personal level, either email or phone calls will work much better than a direct PM.

Side-note, I noticed the map on your about us page is no longer working, you need a new Google Map API Key - About - Arra Development

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.