The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH Tinnitus thread

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

DiamondDog

Contributor
Dec 3, 2016
I have had tinnitus since I was 14. At the beginning it would really f*ck with my head but I don't even notice it anymore even tho it's always there.

If it bothers you at night, use a fan or air conditioner to mask the ringing. Or you can look up white noises on Spotify if the other two options are not viable.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
Does it mean that posture and breathing exercises could help?

I had never heard of this before, thank you!!!!
Yes. That’s exactly what it means. Furthermore, people who have been through significant trauma tend to keep the SCM engaged to “protect” themselves. It’s almost unconscious. They have to be taught that the muscle is fine when relaxed, that they’ll still be ok. I recommend laying completely flat on a surface (or as near as you can get without any pain) while you do some type of deep exhalations. Also, if your shoulders are anteriorly rotated or your neck is jutting forward (like in caveman desk posture) or both then your SCM has to be tight to support the extra angle of head tilt. So those two things will need to be addressed first.

There are basically two schools of thought about sports massage. Some ppl use a lot of pressure and kinda punch through the pain. Some therapists use very subtle pressure but never cause any pain. I’m officially telling you that both types help - differently. So get both if you can until you can figure out which is helping more. It will probably be the therapist who you are more comfortable with. Until you can get in to see an orthopedic/medical/sports massage therapist you can try doing it yourself which might be all you need. I’d start with hot towels on your upper chest and neck.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Yes. That’s exactly what it means. Furthermore, people who have been through significant trauma tend to keep the SCM engaged to “protect” themselves. It’s almost unconscious. They have to be taught that the muscle is fine when relaxed, that they’ll still be ok. I recommend laying completely flat on a surface (or as near as you can get without any pain) while you do some type of deep exhalations. Also, if your shoulders are anteriorly rotated or your neck is jutting forward (like in caveman desk posture) or both then your SCM has to be tight to support the extra angle of head tilt. So those two things will need to be addressed first.

There are basically two schools of thought about sports massage. Some ppl use a lot of pressure and kinda punch through the pain. Some therapists use very subtle pressure but never cause any pain. I’m officially telling you that both types help - differently. So get both if you can until you can figure out which is helping more. It will probably be the therapist who you are more comfortable with. Until you can get in to see an orthopedic/medical/sports massage therapist you can try doing it yourself which might be all you need. I’d start with hot towels on your upper chest and neck.
This reminded me of TENS. I'll let you know the results of my one person study :)

As for cleaning, I have yet to get to the bottom of it. I'm using a product called EarWaxMD. It's worked well on one side, but the other is still acting up. I'll try Debox once this runs out. They also have Otoscopes that hook to your phone if you want to scrape DIY.

I went to an ENT for the wax a year ago and he blew some antibiotics in my ear and when that didn't work, he blew in some more. Anyhow, I'm done with that one.

Aug 23, 2020
Switzerland
Hi guys
As child i had also Tinnitus because I did not eat right.
But in Switzerland we have a company. The name of this company is Bio Strath AG.
The founder of this company had also Tinnitus and created a solution.
You can watch this video. In min 1:57 you will find more informations
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taF2AaRyPHw

I think it does not help people where the eardrum is damaged. But it can help people who have tinnitus because they do not eat right. I hope i can help with this post some peoples.

I wish you all the best!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom