The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tin Foil Hat Time: Are Aliens Here?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I consider myself open minded and today I'm going to admit that I'm leaning toward the idea that aliens are here and have been visiting Earth ever since the first atomic bomb went off.

While I'm not radically entrenched in that belief (I'd say it fluctuates between 60/40 and 70/30 in favor of aliens are here) I am becoming more acclimatized to the idea. Five years ago I'd say my belief was 40/60, in favor of them NOT being here.

Part of this belief probably evolved from being an avid Star Trek fan with a particular casual interest in quantum physics, space/time topics, and the humble realization that we are technological cavemen in the grand scheme of things.

It also might be possible that TIME is moving very slowly for us (which is a function of gravity) so 1 year for us humans could quite possibly be 1000 years for aliens.

I'm bringing this topic up NOW because I've noticed recently in the last, say 2 years, there has been significant UPTICK in the "aliens are here" claims/assertions, many of such which are coming from scientists, ex-government employees, and highly professional folks, such as pilots, both civilian and military.

Additionally, the government is starting to TRICKLE out little bits of information (or allowing it to occur) from unexplained navy pilot videos, to the disclosure that the American government was running the secretive AATIP organization. It seems the folks involved in this stuff are no longer fearful of retribution, persecution, or even death (while being labeled a tin-foil hat conspirator).

Moreover, I've noticed that the "aliens are here" assertion is starting to bleed into the MAINSTREAM while many of these MAINSTREAM figures (Michio Kaku, Rogan ) are starting to dive into the topic. For example, Bob Lazar was recently on the Joe Rogan podcast discussing many things, including Lazar's contention that he was in charge of reverse engineering an alien spacecraft which used Element 115 as a propulsion component, a component allegedly involved in warping space/time.

Of course, many assert that Lazar is full of crap, and a variety of other folks involved.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWz4SXfyCQ

And now, just the other day, Fox News put the UFO story on the front page of its website (On Friday which was promptly removed when the California earthquake hit) asking the question itself, are they here? And what does the Trump think about it? I went there to get news about the earthquake and was promptly hit with the UFO headline.

Whether you believe any of it, is not my point.

I feel like I'm in the middle of a counter-intelligence operation, from the TV programs (like Ancient Aliens, UFO documentaries, etc.) whereas culture is being slowly groomed with the idea that we are not alone.

So when it happens, it won't be such a big shock.

Years ago this stuff was considered fringe.

Now I'm starting to see it bleed into the mainstream.

So much so that I'm willing to say that "something" is going on -- maybe not aliens perse, but something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I'm starting to see both this above & the use of psychedelics for therapeutic reasons become much more mainstream. I welcome both.

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
Life out of this world? Sure, why not? The odds are not too low and the universe is massive.

However, I know that a multitude of phycists would die for knowing the secret of how to beat the speed of light :) .

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
20 years ago people who believed in aliens were the "crazy" ones. Now everyone is starting is to believe in them.

Aliens have always been here they live underground and in the oceans. They might also be from outside the Earth.

Different species use the same transportation vehicles. For all we know humans can also have access to UFOs.

Every ancient civilization had stories of non human beings. Those were aliens.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I think the chances of life being "out there" somewhere in space is pretty high.

To think that earth is the only planet that has life seems pretty naive.

I get the feeling that if there is life out there they are way smarter than us and don't really want to bother us because they probably see us as pretty naive and unintelligent.

As humans we are pretty intellectually arrogant, there is no way we know as much about physics as is possible.

There is no evidence or reason to deny or negate the possibility of life or aliens in outer space.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I have no doubt there are intelligent life forms out there and that they have, or are, visiting earth.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Naw. No way aliens are here.

If there's a civilization advanced enough that they could be here, I doubt they'd want to be. It'd be like someone from Chicago going to Gary, Indiana.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
If there's a civilization advanced enough that they could be here, I doubt they'd want to be. It'd be like someone from Chicago going to Gary, Indiana.
LOL - never said they'd stay here

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
Since alien related programs and the accounts of highly respectable people claiming sightings are being more covered by the media and given nore attention to, what's it =really distracting us from? I've boticed the media enjoys playing the magician, giving one topic intense coverage and drawing eyes and ears towards it, while also drawing us away from other topics by minimizing exposure to them and burying information. Call me a tin hat wearing moonrock worshipper, that's just what I've noticed.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Just splatting my own brainwaves here...

I think the next 10 years is going to be insanely transformative for mankind. At a point where open communication, free thinking and the technology to do so are running the show, we’re now witnessing our transformation from the close minded, arcane planet dwellers to intellectually adaptive beings of the universe, and who knows what or who has already achieved that and is standing by, waiting for us to reach a safe point to connect. I don’t imagine there will be a “holy cow aliens just landed” moment. It will probably be incremental and with caution, just as we are seeing it.

This pattern always resonates with me -

Malignant cells, in their own time frames, seemingly sit forever, going through slow transformations and hostility driven adaptations against things like the immune system, who’s advances toward ending their progress, or their own naturally short lifespans and other harsh factors often succeed at smudging the fledgling cells’ existence. At some point, for the successful mutations, a single cell achieves traveling beyond its formation and a metastatic life form, capable of traveling and much more resilient, is born.

This same pattern works with plants, animals - everything. Once branched out, the transformation has begun. The species has adapted and progressed to a new phase.

Portions of our species have conquered things necessary to this, like unified communication, systems thinking, shared objectives and so on. We’ve long achieved the moon, and soon, will achieve Mars. We are in a new phase of metastasis.

If one can free their mind from flat earth, nostalgia based thinking that still consumes most of our species, enough pieces can be put together to forecast, look forward and appreciate what is obviously coming. We’ve been in evolution and largely incapable of handling what we are starting to now accept, which is and has been the case every second along our evolutionary timeline, and will continue to be.

It’s natural progression not to stay as we are forever - just as we never have. To do so is to succumb to the depletion of resources that sustain our current state and die out. The pattern of branching out, staking new territory and encountering new life forms will continue through eternity as long as there is energy and mass, in this universe and beyond.

We’ve probably been or are being studied, just as we study cells under a microscope ourselves. Who knows if what we’re seeing are the end result extraterrestrial beings, or the tools and counterparts being used to interact with us at our size and scale.

What an exciting time to be alive!

Last edited:

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
I think the chances of life being "out there" somewhere in space is pretty high.

To think that earth is the only planet that has life seems pretty naive.

I get the feeling that if there is life out there they are way smarter than us and don't really want to bother us because they probably see us as pretty naive and unintelligent.

As humans we are pretty intellectually arrogant, there is no way we know as much about physics as is possible.

There is no evidence or reason to deny or negate the possibility of life or aliens in outer space.
Not necessarily. If you accept that the conditions for the sustenance of life as we know are the result of some wacky probabilities, then the odds that any planet holds life are slimmer and slimmer because all the conditions necessary would have to occur in lockstep, which in some ways is like repeatedly winning the lottery.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Sightings of UFOs have gone back literally decades, from what we can gather from photographic evidence and eye witness accounts. One of the most famous of which being the battle of Los Angeles, in which the military spent a couple hours shelling a UFO, which can be seen by its outline in a black and white photo, thinking it was an enemy blimp. Nothing at the time could have withstood so much assault, and yet... they couldn't bring down the unknown craft.

More recently, various military organizations across the planet have released radar data and pilot accounts of encounters with highly advanced air craft that execute maneuvers that, by all accounts, are outside the realm of known engineering.

Just this past year our very own federal government, right around Christmas, revealed the existence of a program to study this phenomenon. They admitted that it was real and that they have no idea what it is. It is almost certainly a craft of some kind, with unknown origin, operating on unknown technology. It is claimed that this technology does not belong to us.

Adding all this up, we are left with two possibilities:

Either a) the technology is terrestrial in origin or b) it is extraterrestrial in origin. Each of these assertions requires a certain set of conditions to be true.

If a), then we have to believe that the technology has been developed in secret for decades, and that the people who developed it have not spoken out about it. The resources required to develop such technology would be immense, and the US does indeed having a missing defense budget of order 10 trillion or so... but this says nothing of the intellectual capital to design and perfect the technology. While the money doesn't speak, people certainly do. Why has nobody come forward to claim credit for the advances in aerospace engineering and physics? How can you keep thousands of people quiet for 70+ years? This stretches the imagination, to say the least.

What's even worse is that if you accept the assertion by our government that the technology isn't ours, then you have to also accept that a foreign government did it while spending a fraction of the amount that we do. Even more unbelievable is that this government would make such a leap and then not announce it to the world. Both Russia and China were recently flexing their hypersonic weapons, and the doomsday nuclear torpedo (in the case of Russia), heck even the Tsar Bomba back in the 60s... so there is precedent for our adversaries being keen to announce their strategic advantages. Why would they keep such a leap frog to themselves, for decades?

None of this is impossible, but in my mind it all stretches the limits of plausibility. Keeping thousands of people silent for decades while secretly developing technology that has no parallel in known science, and then not announcing that strategic advantage to the world is simply too much to believe.

if b) then all we have to accept is that there are far more advanced civilizations out there and that they have developed technology outside of our current understanding. Given that we still have uncontacted tribes here on Earth that live in the stone age, there is a known precedent for this situation right here on this planet.

Both theories have equal explanatory power, yet theory b has fewer moving parts. Occam's razor suggests that we should adopt explanation b.

And so I have. I've never bought into the advanced government craft hypothesis, and I've been reading about this stuff since I was a young adult. While alien visitation is a difficult technical problem, it's far simpler to solve than the human problem of keeping egotistical type A scientists, let alone power mad politicians, from bragging about their accomplishments, for almost an entire century if not longer.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If a), then we have to believe that the technology has been developed in secret for decades, and that the people who developed it have not spoken out about it. The resources required to develop such technology would be immense, and the US does indeed having a missing defense budget of order 10 trillion or so... but this says nothing of the intellectual capital to design and perfect the technology. While the money doesn't speak, people certainly do. Why has nobody come forward to claim credit for the advances in aerospace engineering and physics? How can you keep thousands of people quiet for 70+ years? This stretches the imagination, to say the least.

Occam's Razor...

EDIT: Whoops, I see you mentioned it later, LOL.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
24 hour news cycle ... has to be filled with something

if this was 1951, you'd wait to read things in the paper the next day. now, they have to fill the time w/ something. you hear about it more because you just hear more now.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
And now, just the other day, Fox News put the UFO story on the front page of its website (On Friday which was promptly removed when the California earthquake hit) asking the question itself, are they here? And what does the Trump think about it? I went there to get news about the earthquake and was promptly hit with the UFO headline.
A little bit back there were a number of reliable (ie. CNN) news outlets reporting on possible UFO sightings. I mean this wasn't Alex Jones... these were real news outlets.

Do I think they're legitimate? Who knows.

But there was a really interesting video I saw on it... Which he talks about along with the Kanye/Trump stuff:

View: https://youtu.be/cfq-Qvowsl8

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
MJ,

I'm listening to this book now. It's a very fascinating history of how and why Area 51 was formed. It's not only a UFO book, but more of a book about how our nuclear and stealth weapons were developed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316202304/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

It's just crazy to look back in history less than 100 years to see that it was acceptable to:
1) blow up islands in the pacific and kill everything for hundreds of miles for science
2) have human pilots fly through mushroom clouds to collect data

Regarding aliens and UFO's, it is really interesting to listen to both sides of the possibilities here.

It's really hard for me to believe that every single person who has claimed to see an UFO, or been abducted, is making it up. So mark me down for believing in life on other planets.

Dr. Fastlane

Amor Fati!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 20, 2018
Gurgaon
Guys, what if we are aliens ?

What if aliens came down one day and genetically altered a primate to make the modern homo sapiens.

Alien intervention is the missing link in our evolution?
Lol

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Both Russia and China were recently flexing their hypersonic weapons, and the doomsday nuclear torpedo (in the case of Russia), heck even the Tsar Bomba back in the 60s... so there is precedent for our adversaries being keen to announce their strategic advantages.
I mean shit... Kim Jong Un announces he has nuclear missiles when he probably just picked up a few Roman Candles.

Either a) the technology is terrestrial in origin or b) it is extraterrestrial in origin. Each of these assertions requires a certain set of conditions to be true.

Another thing to consider is c) the minds ability to play tricks on us. When I was a kid, I swore I saw UFO, but looking back I'm pretty sure it was a squirrel carrying a pinecone on a telephone wire. Being a little humorous here (although that's a true story,) but it's another option to consider.

I mean the possibility of life somewhere else in this universe is basically definite. We're one pale blue dot in a potentially infinite universe. At least one of those trillions of planets have to have something living on them... but more than likely thousands of them have life. Of those thousands is it inconceivable that one built technology that could visit us? I don't think so.

But also, even if there is life on other planets, I think it's important to think about how unlikely it was for our own society to develop the way it did. For 3.5 billion years of life on earth, technology didn't even exist. It was only 10,000 or so years ago that the agricultural revolution happened. And even that could be considered a stroke of luck. And the industrial revolution was literally only 250 years ago. The scope of time we've even had technology is like a single grain of sand in a sandbox

But that being said, I do think there's a good possibility there are civilizations out there that could have the technology to get them over here. Whether I think that's the case.. I don't know... but when you have legitimate news outlets like Fox and the New York Times reporting on UFO activity, you have to believe you're living in strange times.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Again, these links are not Alex Jones. This isn't the National Enquirer. This is BBC, ABC, LiveScience, New York Times, POLITICO, etc

At the very least it's very bizarre.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RlbqOl_4NA

Here's the thing that gets me though..

if alien UFOs were around.. why would they keep hanging out in military airspace? To me that kinda implies it's some crazy spy drone or something. Unless there are more of them and they're all over and it's just that the military airspace is so heavily monitored that they catch more of them on video. But I feel like other countries are more likely to send drones to military airspace than aliens.

Last edited:

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Not necessarily. If you accept that the conditions for the sustenance of life as we know are the result of some wacky probabilities, then the odds that any planet holds life are slimmer and slimmer because all the conditions necessary would have to occur in lockstep, which in some ways is like repeatedly winning the lottery.
According to probability, taking into account the size of this galaxy alone and its number of stars, the galaxy abounds with planets with upright bipeds
I consider myself open minded and today I'm going to admit that I'm leaning toward the idea that aliens are here and have been visiting Earth ever since the first atomic bomb went off.

While I'm not radically entrenched in that belief (I'd say it fluctuates between 60/40 and 70/30 in favor of aliens are here) I am becoming more acclimatized to the idea. Five years ago I'd say my belief was 40/60, in favor of them NOT being here.

Part of this belief probably evolved from being an avid Star Trek fan with a particular casual interest in quantum physics, space/time topics, and the humble realization that we are technological cavemen in the grand scheme of things.

It also might be possible that TIME is moving very slowly for us (which is a function of gravity) so 1 year for us humans could quite possibly be 1000 years for aliens.

I'm bringing this topic up NOW because I've noticed recently in the last, say 2 years, there has been significant UPTICK in the "aliens are here" claims/assertions, many of such which are coming from scientists, ex-government employees, and highly professional folks, such as pilots, both civilian and military.

Additionally, the government is starting to TRICKLE out little bits of information (or allowing it to occur) from unexplained navy pilot videos, to the disclosure that the American government was running the secretive AATIP organization. It seems the folks involved in this stuff are no longer fearful of retribution, persecution, or even death (while being labeled a tin-foil hat conspirator).

Moreover, I've noticed that the "aliens are here" assertion is starting to bleed into the MAINSTREAM while many of these MAINSTREAM figures (Michio Kaku, Rogan ) are starting to dive into the topic. For example, Bob Lazar was recently on the Joe Rogan podcast discussing many things, including Lazar's contention that he was in charge of reverse engineering an alien spacecraft which used Element 115 as a propulsion component, a component allegedly involved in warping space/time.

Of course, many assert that Lazar is full of crap, and a variety of other folks involved.

I feel like I'm in the middle of a counter-intelligence operation, from the TV programs (like Ancient Aliens, UFO documentaries, etc.) whereas culture is being slowly groomed with the idea that we are not alone.

So much so that I'm willing to say that "something" is going on -- maybe not aliens perse, but something.
Interesting!
You need to read "The Three-Body Problem," the first book in a trilogy by Liu Cixin, or better yet stream it on Amazon. Great narrator. If you like contemplating quantum physics you'll be all over it. The genre is "Hard Science Fiction." One main idea is that if aliens wish to contact us they'll probably start off by communicating with us through a computer game. The other question is what life would be like if we were to be attacked by aliens.

The novel plays with the idea that life forms and entire worlds might have a dimensional reality that is small enough to exist within atomic particles in our own reality. For that matter, aliens could also be so large that we are relatively speaking the size of a galaxy within a particle in their dimensional reality. The author actually lays out an alien invasion using particles which enter Earth's atmosphere, unfold in the 4th dimension, and then knock out all sophisticated technology. If you like quantum physics, this is the novel for you, because Cixin Liu very beautifully explains what is looks like to unfold a particle in nine dimensions, and one and two dimensions as well. It's really carefully thought out and fantasized. I didn't mind having to replay these sections a few times.

In any case, this global blockbuster, which will soon be a movie, supports your idea that the dominant discourse has an agenda to change our ancient and hard beliefs that We Are Alone.

I've never been invested in either side of the issue. Even so, the following admission is still strange to talk about.
Twice in my lifetime I have been a firsthand witness, in the company of other rational and disinterested people, of UFOs. The first event happened near Boston. It involved a fifteen-minute long display of first three and then five bright lights, like fixed stars, several miles above ground, one of which began to swing in an arc and join another light a few times after two more appeared.The first three star objects. I say it was fifteen minutes, but that's only as long as I was able to stand outside and watch. Calls to various govt. bureaus and agencies brought no answers. The information was taken and no one ever got back. No one talked about aliens arriving, but just unidentified aerial phenomena. (Maybe I'll use a Don Lok cold call technique next time. Joke.) Some witnesses called friends, some called the Boston Globe, WGBH, and of course the story went no where. How could it?

As I stood with my friends, some of them scientists, completely accepting the fact that this phenomenon was not something to explain away as pollution or weird reflections from planes or buildings, I had the cool realization that I was ready give anything at that point, including my life ending, to know YES, that that this was to be the moment when alien life presented itself to our species.

The second time was when I was running along the outer rim of a red rock canyon and stopped a few minutes at the summit turnaround. About one mile away in a canyon I have seen many times, there was a semi-translucent globe, a bubble about 40 feet in diameter, slowly emerging and floating through the air, It descending the slope a hundred feet above the ground, turned opaque, and disappeared. That sighting lasted four minutes. I see no reason to deny what I saw. There's something else that gives me the sense, on hindsight, that this was an phenomenal encounter. I had the feeling of totally calm acceptance of the fact. It was the furthest feeling from panic or vigilance, just straightforward observation. The usual attitudes I have running in the back country are comfort, thrill, boredom, or vigilance for rattlesnakes and randomly gun-waving bozos. But when this phenomenon happened, my state of attention was just empirical and calm. The sighting instinctively hit on a deeper level than ego. I later found it strange that I hadn't felt something like shock or fear.

On the other hand, there was this other, third experience concerning an alien encounter, more recently, that is nothing like the first two.

A potential grant proposal client from Canada was in the US to network with a university scientist at a conference on sustainable agriculture. He hoped to peddle his new technology to the soil community. We outlined some questions for them both to answer, including what their business was, quality assurance, licensing, manufacture, niches, etc. When I met with the Canadian next day he had this dazed serenity. The business meeting had gone in another direction.
He told me that within a few minutes of sitting down with this chemical engineer he had never met before, he had felt comfortable enough to ask him if he believed that aliens walked among us. The academic said that he did, yes. He also knew of others in the science community who had come from outer space.

A that point my client told him that he was also from another planet - I forgot the name of it, sorry - during a previous lifetime, and that he was 20,000 years old, and that he was here to pivot humanity and animal life also into a new age.

The chemist supposedly accepted all this as fact. They didn't go into the plenary session but took a seat on the grass in the middle of campus instead and spoke at length about lots of mythical alien matters.

The chemist never got back to my alien. I was annoyed that they lost real opportunities for themselves, especially the Canadian extraterrestrial, and instead chose to have the most unproductive meeting of all time. I can only imagine now what their business would have been like. Can you?

By the way, the Canadian extraterrestrial's technology turns out to be a soil enricher that uses the Placebo effect.

You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
According to probability, taking into account the size of this galaxy alone and its number of stars, the galaxy abounds with planets with upright bipeds

Exactly. Our brains have a hard time understanding how large the universe is. Even with the most minuscule probability, the vastness of the universe means there are other intelligent beings out there.

I can’t remember who said it, but a physicist once said that the universe is so vast that it isn’t a matter of whether there is intelligent life out there, but how many colonies.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia

Some scientific answers for you MJ.
According to probability, taking into account the size of this galaxy alone and its number of stars, the galaxy has millions of with planets dominated by a lifeform of upright bipeds, and not only that, on 26 such planets the global language is English at this point in their species evolution.

Meanwhile on Earth, the thousands of scientists who are most invested in making the discovery of alien life are astrobiologists. None of them have good news to report. They're working as well on removing any occupational blindspots which afflict scientific research on alien life. For example, until a couple of decades ago, scientists believed that the search for intelligent life should hinge on the discovery of water. Astrobiologists found that on Earth itself there are intelligent organisms that live in purely sulfuric acid environments.

In spite of my empirical experiences I'm a skeptic about conspired secrets or global agendas. The reason is that governments, and bureaucratic deadwood, are so much more likely to bumble and mismanage, it seems basically impossible for a sophisticated agenda like information censorship to be effectuated. Even the news media's control of information seems pretty chaotic and arbitrary.

Last edited:

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
According to probability, taking into account the size of this galaxy alone and its number of stars, the galaxy has millions of with planets dominated by a lifeform of upright bipeds, and not only that, on 26 such planets the global language is English at this point in their species evolution.

Do you have a source for this? I’m interested in trying to understand the vastness of the universe (multiverse?). I’d love to see the math.

Edit: to answer my own question (because it is 2019 and we have this thing called Google)...

And of course...

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Aliens are not here. They might exist, but not here, and not in the form we think of them.

There's too many parties incentivized to push the narrative that aliens exist. The biggest being the government and media:
  • Government: If you believe aliens exist, then you're more likely to approve of large military spending and support your government (control by fear)
  • Media: If you're interested in aliens, then your media consumption increases. The media creates bullshit articles to take advantage of your curiosity
Nationalism is dying off. The ability to unite everyone under the government with an 'Us vs Them' attitude is harder than ever. So what's new?

Give the government more money. Give them more power. Or the big bad aliens will come and destroy us all. Pay more taxes. Sign away your rights. Huge incentives for the government.

Then with the media, you have things like this:

Ancient_aliens.png

The History Channel figured out years ago that Aliens are better TV than actual history. So they created countless programs about how aliens built the Ancient Pyramids, etc. The mainstream media is just adopting a trend that has already existed.

Today's media is entirely void of any journalistic values - pushing alien stories is just another addition to their array of fake news. Find news that people want to read = get readership = make money off ads.

@ZCP made a good point about the media.

So as far as your Occam's Razor principle, what's more likely:
  • Aliens existing?
  • Or a spread of misinformation that benefits multiple parties including the government and media?

Last edited:

wordwarrior

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 16, 2019
Montreal, Canada
I'm sure there's tons of aliens. The universe is a big place.

Having said that, just how are they supposed to get here? Since faster than light, and even light speed travel is impossible, how are they supposed to cross all the parsecs needed to travel to Earth?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'd like to expand by saying that I do believe aliens exist, but not in the way that is being presented to us: UFO's, etc. I also don't think it's a concern that will at any point occur in our lifetimes.

There's a reason why all the "footage" of "aliens" is pixelated and worthless.

Until we get footage in HD that without a doubt had not been manipulated or staged, I'll be a skeptic.

wordwarrior

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 16, 2019
Montreal, Canada
On the other hand, if faster than light travel existed due to wormholes, space folding, teleportation, or whatever, then the situation is vastly different.

I'd imagine in that case the aliens would have already taken us over and have either taken human form or started using "The Colony" (Josh Holloway)-style proxies to control Earth.

The reason for hiding from humans would probably be that they believe or they actually would lose control if humans knew they existed.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
On the other hand, if faster than light travel existed due to wormholes, space folding, teleportation, or whatever, then the situation is vastly different.

I'd imagine in that case the aliens would have already taken us over and have either taken human form or started using "The Colony" (Josh Holloway)-style proxies to control Earth.

The reason for hiding from humans would probably be that they believe or they actually would lose control if humans knew they existed.
[/QUOT
Do you have a source for this? I’m interested in trying to understand the vastness of the universe (multiverse?). I’d love to see the math.

Edit: to answer my own question (because it is 2019 and we have this thing called Google)...

And of course...

Carl Sagan, who is a secondary source.

As for the Drake equation, this is not being used as it was designed. Its only purpose was as a teaching tool to illustrate how hard it would be to predict the existence of intelligent life in the universe.

That thing is just a philosophical exercise, not a scientific apparatus.

The Drake equation has a built-in agenda to show that accurate prediction is impossible.

It's also alsomost 59 years old and now quite useless. Exo-planets are excluded.

The Fermi paradox isn't a paradox and was not originated by Fermi, and its real name is the Hart-Tipler equation. Outdated also. My point is that the search for information is very easily filled with trash, in this case astrotrash.

Here's an article you might enjoy:

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.