The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thriving in the New Economy

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
The cop told me, "sorry, but you can't squeeze blood from a turnip"

I've been in two accidents with the same outcome. I HATE paying for the mistakes of others. It reminds me of using my tax dollars to rebuild the homes of uninsured hurricane victims.:wtf:

ANY-way... Yeah, times are tough right now, and businesses in sectors closer to the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs will see a revival. In a way, nothing's changed: your role as an entrepreneur is to find an unsatisfied NEED and fill it. In good times, some people "need" some pretty funny things. In bad times, the needs and wants of our customers (and ourselves) become more obviously separate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I have seen lots of kids are riding them around OSU. I think I have seen a new dealer in the campus area. Economical to own and operate, along with the green buzzword/image.
Yeah, this definitely makes sense. I could see this as a very practical idea around large college campuses.
Right. Just like you need to be a citizen to vote. :smxE:

I learned this the hard way when I broadsided a car who abruptly turned across my lane a few years ago. I was legally "in the right", according to the officer. The other driver was in a car that she did now own; she spoke no English; she had no drivers license; she had no job; she had a fraudulent insurance card. The cop told me, "sorry, but you can't squeeze blood from a turnip" . . . a southern colloquialism that means, I wasn't gonna get diddly because she didn't have diddly.

I ended up writing a check to the body shop for $5,500 because I was naive enough to actually have believed that "Uninsured Driver" insurance was unnecessary because Texas law "requires" that every drive have liability insurance.
Sorry to hear about that; now that we're talking about this, I feel like I'm hearing more and more stories about things like this. I think this happened once on Weeds (Showtime TV show), but instead, the other driver just drove away while the other driver wasn't looking.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Yeah, this definitely makes sense. I could see this as a very practical idea around large college campuses.

Sorry to hear about that; now that we're talking about this, I feel like I'm hearing more and more stories about things like this. I think this happened once on Weeds (Showtime TV show), but instead, the other driver just drove away while the other driver wasn't looking.

Around here if they can't drive away they will run away. The car isn't in their name anyway. It usually has been bought and sold many times, maybe temporary paper tags.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Interesting. I always thought you needed insurance in order to drive. Maybe that's just in Jersey? Or maybe I'm just wrong?

You're cute, believing everyone obeys the law. I don't mean that sarcastically either. It's refreshing to see youth with that attitude.

Oh yeah, the youth are different here.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
You're cute, believing everyone obeys the law. I don't mean that sarcastically either. It's refreshing to see youth with that attitude.

Oh yeah, the youth are different here.
Lol, yeah...I guess it's just something I'd never put much thought into before. I guess I see it everyday around here. Landscapers have guys driving trucks around, and I highly doubt they're all legal and licensed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.