The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on this website?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
What are your thoughts on this site:

Looks unfinished:

Also why did I get redirected here after a couple of clicks: http://fiverr30.scienceontheweb.net ?

Paiement d’adhésion – DACoop Translation missing?
The menu doesnt work on all pages, check the link above

This is bad:

The page has 1 form on it, no images, scripts or anyting which should cause it to load for 10 seconds.
Every click is like a 10 second load.

I think that this website is not yet Alpha version ready.
No where near Beta.
Not worth looking further into ATM.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
All very well explained except for one nagging detail (I look for loopholes)

When does daloop get paid? (the website says, "DaCoop only makes money if the companies we build become profitable. " This can be interpreted many different ways and should be clarified.
When ALL the businesses become profitable (if we make 10 businesses together, and 9 are profitable, then Daloop still does not get paid because one of them isn't profitable)

And because the above mentions daloop getting paid, how much does daloop get paid? or is it only equal to their capital that they put in? or a percentage of the profit? or how is that figured out?
DaCoop (The Co-Op) only gets paid when the businesses it owns shares in get paid.

So if 1 of the companies makes $100k/month and DaCOOP owns 1% - then we'd get $1k.

If the company doesn't make profits, then neither does DaCoop.

Another "problem" :)

Pick a plan... but there's only one plan there... ?!
$20/month? for how many months? is there a limit (say 5 months max, and then free until an idea is picked?, because if you're being paid to come up with an idea, I want you to make sure it happens. If I'm paying you either way I'd question that there is more incentive for you not to find something rather than actually finding a business venture.
Putting a limit per business idea would guarantee my results that I paid for.

There's only 1 plan. The developer added that part plus "text text text" ... why, no idea.

You make a good point there.

I'll set the max to 3 months.

We want quick results.

feel free to notify on here when you've re-launched and I'm sure we'll critique for you and tear it apart (again) :)

Thank you. I feel like you're enjoying this, quite a bit.

Step 9: divide payouts, or reinvest into the company. Daloop gets 3% of the profits, plus the same % of profit as everyone else (based on money put in). The 3% of profits pays daloop for time to organize said project. It's pretty much a charity project, but we feel we deserve a small bit to cover office, coffee, etc.. BTW: buy us a coffee on Paypal! (link here)

note: I'm not actually sure on your compensation plan for daloop, but if you do so, the "buy me a coffee" link makes it appear that you're for sure doing this just for the fun and the networking opportunities, and hey, you might actually get a few coffees/bucks out of it.
Nah, we want to build real viable businesses. We're not here for charity shit.

We gotta earn it. We'll own 1% and only get paid 1% of the profits just like everyone else.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Do you get 1% when you join for one month? What happens to your 1% when you quit the monthly payments?

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Do you get 1% when you join for one month? What happens to your 1% when you quit the monthly payments?
**** Biophase, I'm trying to find all the loopholes, looks like I missed one :)

I believe it's covered under the,"if we find a viable business idea, then we each invest $1,000". But good point, want to see what the answer is.

Also, since we opened that can of worms...
you said we would limit the "buy-in" to 3 months payments of $20 each (so, $60 is what we're paying your company to find a project to buy into)
What happens to the guys that pay the $60, but then when you have an idea and share it with them, they're not interested? You went into looking for a biz that takes $100k, but end up having only 75k to invest. Do the others put more in? or do you need to find more people (have a wait-list of people waiting to invest? pay $100 one-time fee to be put on the wait list and hear info before buying in (if there is an opening at the table?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
DaCoop (The Co-Op) only gets paid when the businesses it owns shares in get paid.

So if 1 of the companies makes $100k/month and DaCOOP owns 1% - then we'd get $1k.

If the company doesn't make profits, then neither does DaCoop.
Add that small detail to the website
We want quick results.
Add that small detail to the website. Every investor wants quick results.
Thank you. I feel like you're enjoying this, quite a bit.
Yup, guilty.
Nah, we want to build real viable businesses. We're not here for charity shit.

We gotta earn it. We'll own 1% and only get paid 1% of the profits just like everyone else.
Add that small detail to the website.

Basically, your business will do the following:
1. invest the same amount as every other person
2. spend the time to find a deal worth about 100K
3. only charge $60 (3 months x $20) to find said deal
4. use (mostly) other peoples money to finance the deal

Your company might make $60 (or might make $0) depending if you have a deal lined up before hand or if you need to find it first, and how much time and money you spend looking for the idea/validating the idea.

Where do I sign up? :)

Legal matters: what happens if the company starts up and goes bankrupt? if its still owing money, do you come after the investors?
What would be the definition of losing money? at what number? you can make $10,000 sales/month and still be losing money, so needs to be profit based (after all expenses) and depending on the business, you'll be restocking only once a year, so will lose $$$ heavy at that time, and then do good in the rest of the year.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
**** Biophase, I'm trying to find all the loopholes, looks like I missed one :)

I believe it's covered under the,"if we find a viable business idea, then we each invest $1,000". But good point, want to see what the answer is.

Also, since we opened that can of worms...
you said we would limit the "buy-in" to 3 months payments of $20 each (so, $60 is what we're paying your company to find a project to buy into)
What happens to the guys that pay the $60, but then when you have an idea and share it with them, they're not interested? You went into looking for a biz that takes $100k, but end up having only 75k to invest. Do the others put more in? or do you need to find more people (have a wait-list of people waiting to invest? pay $100 one-time fee to be put on the wait list and hear info before buying in (if there is an opening at the table?)

It will actually just be a 1 off payment of $50 instead of $20/month subscription for 3 months.

That's not how things work.

We have a group chat about all the ideas we have collectively first.

Then we vote on the best ideas generated / put forward by the members.

And the best ideas are then researched further and have viability studies done against them carried out by a 3rd party research marketing company.

And depending on what the research marketing company says we either vote on and decide to move forward with one of the ideas.

Or we go back to the drawing table and come up with some new ideas through group discussion.

If some people don't want to invest they get kicked out of the consortium / Co-op and are replaced with people on a waiting list - or we move forward just the $75k and those that want to own more shares can do so I guess.

I'm just throwing out options, but in the end it will be up to the GROUP / COLLECTIVE to decide what we do.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Again, me, with the legalese:

What is the buyout (if) the business goes slightly south, or I start disagreeing with some things and decide I want out. Can I sell out my share to other members? Is there a set price / pricing formula or we need to figure that out?
Can I sell it on the open market (to anyone) and do they then have voting rights?

NDA should be a standard thing, but could be a serious problem if you have people from other countries.

Non-competition agreement should be standard but is VERY difficult to enforce, even locally, much less internationally. Due to having INSIDERS knowledge an investor could (potentially) disrupt/destroy the business.

What happens if you have a split vote (50/50)? is there a set in-between person? or agency? or does DaCoop get an extra vote if/when it happens to decide (I'd call that a good vote, IMO)

How about if the vote gets cast and someone figures out a serious flaw in the logic of it, do they re-vote at that point? or the decision has been made, we move forward. (If I would not like a certain decision, I'm sure I'd find a new "problem" with it, and call for a re-vote, unless that was forbidden.) Suggestion, if something is approved, the plan goes ahead, any problem with the decision gets decided at the next voting session (weekly voting sessions?) as a new discussion/vote.

Keep voting to a certain time of the week/month, you'll get more responses that way (instead of a vote needing to be done every other day)

Just picking things apart, I like the overall idea and really curious how it would work out.

StillGrindin'

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 19, 2018
Toronto Canada
Things I'd change:
1) The size of the navbar once it becomes fixed. Personal preference, but it tight
2) Increase the font-size all over
3) Increase the header size on your hero section a lot more to better grab attention
4) That peach image you have as the background for your hero section I feel clashes with the magenta. That needs to go imo.
5) The text-color you have the plan part is more difficult to read. Why not white to make it more congruent and readable?
6) Would redesign the entire footer. I feel like it can be shrunken down by 2/3's.Would get rid of the about at the bottom since it is redundant and doesn't belong there. Your about also links to your brief description in your hero/ showcase section. That's a big no-no, and you should read Cashvertising to find out why. You should have a separate about page with your mission statement, values, goals, etc. At least from a copywriting perspective, since it's statistically proven to increase conversion. Would also use a white text-color for better readability and use icons for socials. Would change the position and display flex with space between to float them out left and right.

Just some of my thoughts. Not a pro web designer or anything, still trying to get this skill dialed in myself.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I would figure out how to get a core group, maybe initial investor from this forum, to come out with a potential business idea every so often depending on user base. So you would be having a few experienced and maybe some inexperienced partners from the get go and be a board for each business. Split even down the middle and keep the group to less than 10. These initial people along with yourself own together whatever percentage you want to allocate - 1% to 10% of every business started and will have to put in $1000 dependent on percentage owned.

Say you get 3 great ideas to start or even a business to buy that takes $100k. You create a sales sheet and then people can pay whatever you want to read the highlights or maybe read the highlights for free. $20/mo or a fixed fee allows more working knowledge of the business opportunities where they can actually look into each business idea. $1000 per 1% share capped at 90-100 people who have a private group for that particular business to discuss, vote, and execute. The board always has final say on decisions if the majority do not agree in a direction to go.

What do you think?
Say I paid the money to see each business deal and liked all 3. I would then pay $3000 to join all three and get to contribute.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
New website is coming along. www.dacoop.com

Its 95% done. I think I'm gonna personalize it a little bit more with some unique/branded/edited pictures (not of myself lol).

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
Let's make a test: if we removed the company name Dacoop and the Dacoop logo from your website, would people still know that it's you or could it be any other company in your industry?

I can only talk from my personal point of view right now but I personally would still know that it's you since I've never seen a business model launching a joint venture partnership with 99 other digital marketers. So, from the USP point of view, you already have something unique, which can be assessed overall as positive.

Your marketing strategy is customer and problem/solution focused, addressing people tired of online ventures that never go anywhere. That's definitely the correct approach.

I don't want to pass judgement on the market need. Maybe you could hire an influencer in the entrepreneurial market to post your service, evaluate the response and figure out what the market thinks about your idea.

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
I wish I could find an influencers to help me get the word out, sadly I doubt anyone will do that without something of equal value in return. And I'm not sure what I could give them that would be of at least the same value.

The equal value in return would be money. Maybe you can check out websites like iFluenz, Intellifluence, Whalar and Klear. Search for an influencer whose followers offer good insight into the demand of your target group.

Most Instagram users with 500k+ followers promote products and services for a small fee. You can reach thousands for, literally, pennies and immediately discover if the market wants your service.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Liking the new look a lot. When you talk about business potentials and type of investors I would replace drop shippers possibly with something more general. Some people might see that and be like "well I'm private label or don't drop ship so this isn't for me".

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
The equal value in return would be money. Maybe you can check out websites like iFluenz, Intellifluence, Whalar and Klear. Search for an influencer whose followers offer good insight into the demand of your target group.

Most Instagram users with 500k+ followers promote products and services for a small fee. You can reach thousands for, literally, pennies and immediately discover if the market wants your service.

Looking into that, which one of those would you recommend?

Intellifluence seems kinda interesting.

Only thing I don't like about TikTok or Instagram is that you can't really place your clickable link in the post.

I've contacted a few admins on facebook of large pages to see if they'll let me post for a fee or something.

Liking the new look a lot. When you talk about business potentials and type of investors I would replace drop shippers possibly with something more general. Some people might see that and be like "well I'm private label or don't drop ship so this isn't for me".

Thanks for the tip - I guess "Online Entrepreneur" would get the job done and not alienate anyone.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I've managed to get 6 people to join - by talking to people 1 on 1... but its not scalable and very time & energy consuming.

Need to find whale (influencer) to join us - and have them bring in 30 or 50 or 90 people with him/her.

So I've been contacting a few whales to see if anyone might be interested - so far no luck. Just 1 responded but they wanted $500 for a post or two on Instagram.

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
just ridiculous...sounds more like a teenager day dreaming (sorry)...do you know how complicated/expensive it is to form a solid legal basis in such a scenario?

The funniest thing is, your "How it works" does not even make sense:

Step 3 you hire an independent 3rd party research company - from which money? the 50 USD membership fee? :D
Step 5: you hire a project manager to build a MVP - from which money?
Step 6: Marketing agency - from which money?
Step 8: everybody chips in 1k

Funny because before getting to the 1k investment everybody must have already spent thousands ;)

AdamSerk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 27, 2020
London
I've managed to get 6 people to join - by talking to people 1 on 1... but its not scalable and very time & energy consuming.

Need to find whale (influencer) to join us - and have them bring in 30 or 50 or 90 people with him/her.

So I've been contacting a few whales to see if anyone might be interested - so far no luck. Just 1 responded but they wanted $500 for a post or two on Instagram.

I guess you'd have to contact entrepreneurial Instagram account. This can be done free by commenting with dacoop IG account and try to get attention from UK entrepreneurs.

I like the idea and would like to help, how can we connect?
I live in Enfield, London.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Wait.

There's a conspiracy here.

"Approx. $1000 per member, so the new startup has $100k in startup capital. "

Member name: @100k

Yeah. It was all pre-planned. This man is gonna run with the money.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
We've developed the MVP. We've developed our main website - just gotta install it onto the main root domain.

We'll start getting customers/people to help hopefully by early next week.

Otherwise no news. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
We lost two team members, we're now down to only 6 members in total.

We had launched this business www.subscriptioncow.com as our first MVP but we're having issues finding customers.

So we're trying to come up with a new idea to build a MVP around.

Thanks for all the comments & encouragements.
I took a look at your website and I can’t understand what you guys do still?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
We find small businesses that sell services, and we help them turn their service business into a subscription service business - with the ability to attract and extract funds from customers via an online website.
This has to be articulated better in the page.
I spent a quite few moments trying to understand website's headline.
First impression is like "I have no clients and these guys will help me find 10 paying customers."

cactus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Aug 11, 2020
EU
For me looks like trial, but little longer and paid :) Maybe could work for some business.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Ohhhh.

That's what you do?

That's actually awesome.

Turning your service into a subscription or productized service is hard for a lot of biz owners to do.

So if you can help them do this, that's enormously valuable.

Here's some suggested copy that you can use for inspiration...

=============

Tired of one-off jobs forming the bulk of your business?

Ever wish you could have more monthly recurring revenue?

Now you can turn your service into a subscription with 100k's easy method.

It's simple.

1. Offer a 6-month or 12-month package deal
  2. Your customers pay you a fixed monthly rate for services they are going to buy anyway
  3. Now they use you every time instead of hopping around to different providers
  4. You enjoy the benefits of more predictable income, allowing you to plan for the future, set ad budgets, and make projections for growth.

Here at Subscription Cow, we'll help you...
  • Define an offer that feels like a no-brainer to your customers so that they want to sign up.
  • Communicate that offer to your customers in a way that doesn't feel sleazy or salesy.
  • Implement the subscription back end with all the technology that makes it seamless for you to manage and simple for your customers to buy.
If you want to multiply your monthly income, win your customers' loyalty, get an edge on your competitors, and even out the slow seasons, work with us to implement this simple process.

[Button] Get started today

=========================
WoW man!

Thank you so MUCH! You totally got what I am offering and you put it in a way that even a retarded 5th grader could understand it (no offence to my retarded 5th graders).

But seriously, thank you man! I don't think anyone is going to write anything better than that.... so I've pretty much swiped your copy word for word :D

Pancakes are on me. If I get a conversion, I'll make sure to report back and buy you a bottle of wine or something.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
WoW man!

Thank you so MUCH! You totally got what I am offering and you put it in a way that even a retarded 5th grader could understand it (no offence to my retarded 5th graders).

But seriously, thank you man! I don't think anyone is going to write anything better than that.... so I've pretty much swiped your copy word for word :D

Pancakes are on me. If I get a conversion, I'll make sure to report back and buy you a bottle of wine or something.
Glad it was helpful! Keep us posted about the results! Rooting for you.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Is this your site?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I cant honestly imagine anything worse than working with 99 other "founders" that I dont know aynthing about. Choosing and picking the best people is the most difficult and most important aspect of any startup.

Everybody chimes in 20 USD/month and decides on an idea. I suppose they let an agency validate the concept (what a horrendous idea) and then hire a Project manager to develop a MVP (??!?!?!?). I'm not sure if they understand how expensive that can be. Then a marketing agency is hired to validate the MVP.

At this point everybody invests a 1000 USD to create a 100k Startup budget.

I don't see how this could work.

What are some of the drawbacks?

Besides not wanting 99 partners.

I suppose you'd never own stocks in Google or any other public traded company - because you'd be an owner with 99999999 co-owners / shareholders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Is it for feedback for the site? I dont know; hence my question: is this the site of @100k?

There is a clear difference between a shareholder and a founder, the same way as there is a difference between a well stablished stock vs. startup with no concept. I dont care who the 99999 coshareholders are. I do care who the 99 other founders are.

The concept has a few drawbacks
-I dont know who the other 99 are. Are we passiv/active? Are we all just dumb-money?
-Why do I pay 20 USD/month for being a potential investor?
-I also dont know who the Project manager is/ who develops the product/ who leads the project? Also, I dont want to have a marketing agency. I have no say; absolutely no say at all.
-I dont get to make decisions although I'm a founder = absolutely no control (thats the worst)
-I have no influence over any of the process for example: I will probably disagree with your MVP approach and how you validate the concept based on "How it works"
-I'm absolutely no fan of a democratic process in a Startups. Same way as VCs destroy startups.

From the business point of view
-Its hard to attract 99 customers
-its harder to retain 99 customers who disagree with the democratic decisions and do not continue to invest
-Its going to be incredibly difficult to get 99 people in a LLC (I'm not even sure how it works) Just the sheer volume of communication alone sounds like a nightmare.
-You would need to have a serious startup foundation to understand and be able to lead and run such a startup

You're right, there is a difference between co-founders and shareholders.

Though in many ways its quite similar.

You'd technically be an activist investor, though you can choose to be more passive - then others would be the ones to make the decision. Just like board members - you have the choice to show up to meetings and give your input, though nobody will force you.

As I explained, you can be dumb money - or you can decide to share your input and be an "activist investor".

You're right, you can't force people stay if they don't like the the democratic decisions being made. That's the beauty of Le Democracy, eh.

They'd be shareholder- that's all I know. Its not that hard to get added to an LLC as a shareholder. The process is pretty straight forward and digital in the UK.

Perhaps, I don't have the startup experience. I'll figure it out as I go.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Gotta speak with a lawyer or two and figure out the best way to issue shares - if people need to be added to company house etc.

I think the other things can be overcome.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
The request is for feedback on the site, not the concept. So I will stay within that lane.

Because it is a new idea, your copy should be as descriptive as possible. The FAQ and How It Works sections are clear. I would encourage you to orient the Hero section in the same way. I should know what you're offering and what I'll get out of it as as soon as possible - I care about that way more than the fact that "there are thousands of businesses launching everyday," that tells me nothing.

Good luck!

Appreciate it.

I'm gonna cut some of the fat and hire a better site developer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.