The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thought Experiment: WWYD in Your Post Powerball Euphoria?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
From the great Jim Rohn "If you get a million dollars, best you become a millionaire quickly...so you can keep the money"

If you don't want to keep the lifestyle, by all means spend away, but if you want to keep it...you'll have to find a way to provide value to the world so that it can be returned back to you!

Personally, I would love to have my lead generation business automated at that point (lol) so that I could coach and fully fund / sponsor an AAU basketball team like a guy did for my brother!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
What else?

For real though? Some scientific hail mary stuff.

Invest in...Lawrenceville I think? Theyre working on the boron fusion where it doesnt give off neutrons.

That metal organic framework MIT is futzing with that pulls water from air? Throw a hundred million at that bad boy so we can make the sahara a greenhouse

A huge amount of money for AI safety research , like. An entire generation of the worlds brightest philosophers 24/7 working on the control problem.

A huge foundation dedicated to getting the cutting edge findings of applied positive psychology into government / schools and society at large.

A big chunk of cash just to start hacking away at the scientific reproduction crisis (just repeating experiments)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Dam good thread, bump it up.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What if the question was:

What should you do today/tomorrow/over the next year/decade to NOT feel euphoric after winning the lottery?

In other words, how can you change yourself so much so that winning the lottery won't change anything in your life because you're already happy with everything as it is now?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
@MJ DeMarco with the wisdom you've gained over your life time, what has given you the most life satisfaction?

Was it achieving personal goals, fulfilling selfish desires (like buying a Lambo or traveling) or being around the people you love?

Kwiksliver

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 21, 2021
England, UK
Interesting thought experiment...

Assume you won $1,000,000,000 (1 Billion!) in the Powerball.

What would you do in your post Powerball euphoria?

I'm talking about your daily day AFTER you reveled for a couple of years in riches...

I'm talking about AFTER you bought 10 exotic cars and drove them to death...
I'm talking about AFTER you traveled the world and saw everything to see...
I'm talking about AFTER you bought the dream houses speckled about the world...
I'm talking about AFTER you went on a video game binge...
I'm talking about AFTER you took care of your family...
I'm talking about AFTER you spent the last X years living large, spending, traveling, etc...

Now that you've experience EVERYTHING you've ever wanted...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW?

I mentioned this little exercise in Unscripted and I ask it not because I'd like to entertain the mental masturbation of it all, I ask it because it gives a little INSIGHT into your meaning and purpose.

If money was no object, would would bring the most meaning to your life?

For instance, my answer to this question would be probably something relating to animals; a dog rescue or some kind of massive animal shelter.

Your answer might NOT be altruistic.

You might respond with, "I'm going to become the best Nascar driver on the planet" and that's OK.

Anyhow, I'm curious to what people value on a macroeconomic level -- after all your hedonistic/materialistic experiences have been met, what's next?

How will you spend your life?

View: https://twitter.com/MJDeMarco/status/1176908508182110210
For me, I'd spend my days searching for shipwrecks! I've always been fascinated by the sea, and nautical history. The oceans are full of ships that met their demise. Every ship has its own story, and uncovering the secrets and the mysteries behind them is fascinating. So many people today will have lost distant relatives/belongings to these tragic events, how amazing it would be to reunite them! But hey, thats all a few years away yet until I've made my first billion!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco with the wisdom you've gained over your life time, what has given you the most life satisfaction?

Was it achieving personal goals, fulfilling selfish desires (like buying a Lambo or traveling) or being around the people you love?

Wow, what a question! Give some time to think about it -- a lot of things come to mind so much so, that it would might need to be another book.

VivaciousVipin

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jan 22, 2021
India
Interesting thought experiment...

Assume you won $1,000,000,000 (1 Billion!) in the Powerball.

What would you do in your post Powerball euphoria?

I'm talking about your daily day AFTER you reveled for a couple of years in riches...

I'm talking about AFTER you bought 10 exotic cars and drove them to death...
I'm talking about AFTER you traveled the world and saw everything to see...
I'm talking about AFTER you bought the dream houses speckled about the world...
I'm talking about AFTER you went on a video game binge...
I'm talking about AFTER you took care of your family...
I'm talking about AFTER you spent the last X years living large, spending, traveling, etc...

Now that you've experience EVERYTHING you've ever wanted...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW?

I mentioned this little exercise in Unscripted and I ask it not because I'd like to entertain the mental masturbation of it all, I ask it because it gives a little INSIGHT into your meaning and purpose.

If money was no object, would would bring the most meaning to your life?

For instance, my answer to this question would be probably something relating to animals; a dog rescue or some kind of massive animal shelter.

Your answer might NOT be altruistic.

You might respond with, "I'm going to become the best Nascar driver on the planet" and that's OK.

Anyhow, I'm curious to what people value on a macroeconomic level -- after all your hedonistic/materialistic experiences have been met, what's next?

How will you spend your life?

View: https://twitter.com/MJDeMarco/status/1176908508182110210
I would setup my own observatory to watch stars, planets & galaxy. I would buy land on Moon & Mars. I would travel in space if it became commercial by the time. Seeing stars & galaxy gives me goosebumps everytime. And the probability of life at other corners of the universe. Hell yeah, that what I would do.

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
For me, I would revive the railway system here in the Philippines and construct houses (e.g. Mid-Sized Apartments) for the impoverished sector. Additionally, I may invest in companies that foresee explosive growth (Fastlane Businesses) in the industry.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.