The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is INSANITY!

Omer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 28, 2012
Chicago, USA
andviv the plan once bulking is done, is to get to tone down while still maintaining the ability to lift the same amount. Its a mixture of more cardio and high intensity workout maybe Super Setting workout but with similar amount of weights as now. The hard part is toning down for me not bulking up. Good luck on yours you should take before and after pics!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Done with the Pure Cardio routine last night. I confess I did not go at full (this is probably the hardest of the routines as there are lots of jumping exercises that impact my knee so I go easy on those). Still sweat a lot. At the end I was exhaust.

pure cardio today, the good thing is it doesnt hurt anymore
I am glad it does not hurt for you anymore... you know the name of that muscle in your back, behind your armpit? That one is one fire today. And chest also. My upper body strength is not good so the arm exercises are tough, and I enjoy the challenge.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Last night was the "Cardio Recovery" routine.

I think it is called cardio recovery because it is not cardio intensive as the other routines. It is more like a stretch/yoga type of routine.

I find it very challenging. Are you supposed to really stretch that much? ouch!

There were more than three exercises where my legs were shaking like crazy. I wonder if I will be able to walk normally later today :D

All in all I keep having fun with this.

As I mentioned before, I usually skip Wednesdays because of a family event, but it got moved to Thursday or Tuesday for the next 8 weeks, so it seems I now need to find a way to add the other cardio routine to my schedule somehow. Usually Thursday is the toughest of the routines, so I don't want to miss it. Maybe will try to do it later at night even though that will probably keep me awake longer at night.

How about your progress???

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jrodriguez90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 28, 2012
Colombia
I know what you mean, specially when you are doing those hold and pulse exercise, hahha, i've skipped yesterday because i got late to home, but i think i'm doing 2 routines to day to catch it up.

good thing: i've already lost 10 pounds, not getting any sore, but i'm still getting tired lol

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
good thing: i've already lost 10 pounds, not getting any sore, but i'm still getting tired lol
Great news. It is cool you are doing this now that you are young and your metabolism works with you.

I did the Cardio last night. Tough as hell.

What I like about this specific video is that I can see the people on it, very fit and athletic, crawling asking for mercy. It is good to see it is just tough and I am not simply weak.

There are some exercises I simply don't do cause I know they increase the risk of knee injury, but still keep moving and sweating like a horse.

I weighted myself this morning. I seem to have lost 2.5~3 lbs (I don't trust that scale that much so I put in some error margin).

The interesting thing is that, I am eating more, not less. I've upped the amount of protein I am eating, got rid of breads and pasta from my diet (go ahead, try to have lunch at any fast-food or restaurant without these two) and I did an expensive grocery shopping trip to Trader Joe's for organic and grass-fed stuff. I already notice the difference, after just one week. I still struggle with dinner so that is my next adjustment to focus on.

I already am seeing my legs are way more toned. I can see some definition already, which in my case is great news after many years of 0 physical activity.

Or course, my legs are on fire, but instead of complaining about it, I am enjoying it.

Tonight I have the Plyometric Cardio Circuit again, lots of jumping (which I do cautiously) and moving around. I am actually looking forward to it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Done with today's routine, Plyometrics Cardio. It is a HIIT routine. We go fast and hard for 4-9 mins and then we take 30 secods break.

I was feeling lazy and thought for a couple of minutes to take a break today. The hell with it. I went with it and I am glad I completed the whole 43 minutes. It was not as hard as before so Incan tell I am improving.
Still there are exercises I either simply skip or go easy on as to avoid an injury to my right knee.

I am liking it. A lot. It is good to see progress.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Yesterday did the Cardio Power Resistance.

Today was Pure cardio.

Enjoying it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Done with Plyometrics Cardio circuit. This is a very challenging routine for me.

jrodriguez90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 28, 2012
Colombia
heheheh bad news, i was jogging yesterday and i got my ankle twisted, so according to the doctor, i need to rest a few days, so this is just a pause, but i will keep it going as soon as my ankle is ready to jump again

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
bad news, i was jogging yesterday and i got my ankle twisted,
Man, that sucks. But what were you doing jogging???? Insanity plus jogging?

I did the Cardio Recovery last night, which is a bunch of stretches and slow motion exercises... This can really light fire to my legs. Squat slowly. Hold it down there for 30 seconds while keeping your core and thighs contracted. Cry. Repeat.

I went down another pound in the last two days. I am blaming the diet more than insanity for this, and I easily get motivated to keep moving forward as I am seeing progress quickly.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Last night had another Cardio Power & Resistance routine.

Somehow I was not feeling it, but still went through it.

I know I have a long way to go in regards to regaining strength in my legs. I can see some muscle definition that had gone missing for years. Still the jumping exercises are a challenge to me and I take it easy on those.

My upper body exercises are also a new experience to me... push ups are a big challenge (always have been) so I am working more on keeping the right form instead of speed and repetitions. I know I will get better.

This morning the scale says I lost another 0.6 lbs and my beer belly has started to show some cracks... I can see some straight lines there.

The exercising combined with the paleo diet have also reduced my cheeks. I feel stronger too.

So far so good.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
What are you now, 2 months in? Pretty amazing. What are you going to do after the 90 days?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
What are you now, 2 months in? Pretty amazing.
Well, yes and no.

I started sometime back in November.

I re-injured my hamstring during one session (I overdid it, instead of going at my own pace, I tried to keep up with them. Lesson learned).

I lost a week with that.

Then I took a ten-day vacation overseas in December 10th so I stopped then and re-started again the last week in December, but with the holidays I was on-off during that and the first week of Jan.

Because of the many on-off days, I restarted, from scratch, on Sunday Jan 13th, so today is officially my last day of the second week. I will have another fit test on Sunday to track progress.

What are you going to do after the 90 days?
The whole program runs for 9 weeks (60-day transformation). I have 7 more to go.

The plan, after this, is to join a crossfit gym and start going 3 times a week.

Why?

Cause I felt I was too out of shape to go for crossfit since the beginning, so I'd be wasting the $175/mo fee to just try to get started at level 0.
Also because I started this with the goal of improving my endurance so I could be better at my Saturday soccer matches. I am already seeing results in this area.

Now all of this combined with the fat loss I am seeing after 10 days of messing with the Paleo diet, has motivated me to keep at it.

This is the first time I complete two weeks of insanity without missing a single workout. Before this time, I tried it a couple of times and I always missed a day here or there.

This time I am sticking to it and seeing the results clearly.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Done with Pure Cardio.

Officially just completed the second week of Insanity without missing a single day.

Tomorrow I am off.

Unfortunately due to snow my Saturday soccer match was canceled. I won't lie, I need the break.

I am exhausted. And happy.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
TODAY'S RESULTS ARE IN:
ExerciseBaseline (Nov 17)Jan 7Jan 27Feb 17Mar 3Mar 9
switch kicks5510090
power jacks404035
power knees606090
power jumps302030
globe jumps557
suicide jumps101013
push up jacks02519
low plank oblique334040

Mixed results.

Switch kicks: Went down, but I am positive I improved the form (raised my legs more, I am sure, but still plenty of room to improve)
--NOTE: I AM NOT SURE ON THIS ONE AS EVERY TWO LEGS UP COUNT AS ONE REP. I AM COUNTING EACH LEG UP AS 1, SO I AM NOT SURE THE BASELINE AT 55 WAS REALLY 110 AND THEN WENT DOWN IN THE COUNT. OOPS.

Power Jacks: Went down from 2 weeks ago. Not sure why.

Power knees: Pure abs. I expected it as I've noticed my abs and leg strength improving.

Power Jumps: Increase form two weeks ago. This one is all about power so this is very positive for me.

Globe Jumps: I improved but I realized, this was tough. The last two were not in the best form but I kept pushing.

Push up jacks: Went down in quantity but I am positive the form was great, compared to two weeks ago.

Low Plank Oblique: Same. No improvement. I am positive the reason was that I was completely spent. I was so tired at the end, I could barely move.

Also, I on purpose did not look at the numbers from the previous test as I did not want to push myself to improve without paying attention to form.

Tomorrow will be another routine, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
bad news, i was jogging yesterday and i got my ankle twisted, so according to the doctor, i need to rest a few days, so this is just a pause,
My workout partner (my brother) also twisted his ankle playing soccer last Saturday.

That, combined with the beating I took playing two matches in a row on Saturday (haven't done that since I was probably 17) forced us to take a break.

I will probably resume it tonight by myself, but I did need the break, as I am sore in places I can't even spell.

It is worth mentioning though, I have better fitness now than 10 years ago. This is very positive.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
as I am sore in places I can't even spell.

Lmfao freakin hilarious.

This thread has me considering P90x though. I've been dabbling with HIIT for running but taking it easy. So p90x is looking like a good fit.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I did two months of Insanity. Freaking crazy. Fuuuck jumping.

I lift now, but every once in a while I pop in Insanity if I can't make it to the gym.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.