The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This Crazy Journey Of Mine ....

Anything related to matters of the mind

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Ok so here is the story so far ...

On this short entrepreneurial journey of mine , wow less than a year (im just now checking my "joined" date) I've went through some HUGE changes.

I've become more social , more spiritual , more happy , more excited to adventure , ive felt more alive , i've made a little pocket change , and most of all i've learned to care about people.

Along this journey I've realized that life is about more than the $$$ (even tho it is essential) . And this realization made me notice that i was destroying my passion by doing it for the money. Since 15-16 ive been a music producer (semi-successful) I made a little money on the side but still work a 9-5 . At age 21 I was introduced to the concept of entrepreneurship with my first purchase of a book from a double dad author lol.

From there i just bought more books because this world of money amazed me , as a black male from humble beginnings the only way i knew to get rich was become a famous entertainer or play sports. Some time later i stumbled upon the Millionaire fastlane book and this forum.

Upon joining the forum and doing my research more about entrepreneurship I came to the conclusion "Hey i make beats and i've already been selling a few here and there why not turn my beat selling into a actual business" ... And the thirst for money begins .

I started taking massive action trying to build up my business , day and night my focus was seeing that paypal notification appear on my phone . To the point i lost a girl friend to being more focused on business then her lol . Even tho I was personally doing the selling i'd often make sales while i was sleep (because i'd direct people to my site where they made purchases days after I pitched them) .

Fast forward to this year , everything is looking beautiful im feeling more and more like this beat selling thing might be really going somewhere . THEN the change happens when my studying the mindsets of all my favorite entrepreneurs lead me onto the trail of how they looked at the world. Not from a "how much money can i make" perspective but "how can i be of service to others" mindset.

And the beginning of the near death of my passion for music begins ! Even tho my music WAS providing value to the artist i was selling to this mindset change showed me that i had lost my soul along the journey. Just like with any business once you start seeing traction then you start tailoring your product to fit the needs of your customers. And for me my product was my beats so I'd begrudgingly make the types and styles they wanted just to make a quick sale. Knowing all along its not what i wanted to be doing and i was stunting my own creativity for a quick buck and working with people i didnt care about to create music i wouldnt want anyone to listen to.

Then my "FTE" moment happened , along with me seeing that my music was suffering i noticed how horrible and unsatisfying my job is (which i already knew). But this time it filled me with rage every time i had to get up and go to work i'd get mad and all day i'd be angry and everyone was ask what is wrong and i'd lie and say i was ok knowing the whole job system pisses me off.

Then i'd come home like "I gotta get outta this place" then plow back into working on my music which at this time i had lost motivation for and get EVEN MORE frustrated cus i couldnt regain my passion for making music b/c i felt like a sellout. But my mental was "I only gotta do this untill i can quit" but that did little to help with anything even tho it kept me pushing forward.

Fast forward to today ! I was given confirmation that i should let go of trying to profit off my passion and start a new venture. Im still working my 9-5 and currently have no clue what my next entrepreneurial venture will be. BUT i do know the next thing i do i'll make sure that it provides ME just as much value as it provides others. And this is a another case study into the "trying to make money off your passion can destroy your passion" file.

I appreciate this forum and all it has taught me hopefully i can take the knowledge from this failed venture into my next one , and Im loving the "Unscripted " book ! Im going to read through it again and try out the looking for the "i hate" comments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011

On this short entrepreneurial journey of mine , wow less than a year (im just now checking my "joined" date) I've went through some HUGE changes.

I've become more social , more spiritual , more happy , more excited to adventure , ive felt more alive , i've made a little pocket change , and most of all i've learned to care about people.

Along this journey I've realized that life is about more than the $$$ (even tho it is essential) . And this realization made me notice that i was destroying my passion by doing it for the money. Since 15-16 ive been a music producer (semi-successful) I made a little money on the side but still work a 9-5 . At age 21 I was introduced to the concept of entrepreneurship with my first purchase of a book from a double dad author lol.

From there i just bought more books because this world of money amazed me , as a black male from humble beginnings the only way i knew to get rich was become a famous entertainer or play sports. Some time later i stumbled upon the Millionaire fastlane book and this forum.

Upon joining the forum and doing my research more about entrepreneurship I came to the conclusion "Hey i make beats and i've already been selling a few here and there why not turn my beat selling into a actual business" ... And the thirst for money begins .

I started taking massive action trying to build up my business , day and night my focus was seeing that paypal notification appear on my phone . To the point i lost a girl friend to being more focused on business then her lol . Even tho I was personally doing the selling i'd often make sales while i was sleep (because i'd direct people to my site where they made purchases days after I pitched them) .

Fast forward to this year , everything is looking beautiful im feeling more and more like this beat selling thing might be really going somewhere . THEN the change happens when my studying the mindsets of all my favorite entrepreneurs lead me onto the trail of how they looked at the world. Not from a "how much money can i make" perspective but "how can i be of service to others" mindset.

And the beginning of the near death of my passion for music begins ! Even tho my music WAS providing value to the artist i was selling to this mindset change showed me that i had lost my soul along the journey. Just like with any business once you start seeing traction then you start tailoring your product to fit the needs of your customers. And for me my product was my beats so I'd begrudgingly make the types and styles they wanted just to make a quick sale. Knowing all along its not what i wanted to be doing and i was stunting my own creativity for a quick buck and working with people i didnt care about to create music i wouldnt want anyone to listen to.

Then my "FTE" moment happened , along with me seeing that my music was suffering i noticed how horrible and unsatisfying my job is (which i already knew). But this time it filled me with rage every time i had to get up and go to work i'd get mad and all day i'd be angry and everyone was ask what is wrong and i'd lie and say i was ok knowing the whole job system pisses me off.

Then i'd come home like "I gotta get outta this place" then plow back into working on my music which at this time i had lost motivation for and get EVEN MORE frustrated cus i couldnt regain my passion for making music b/c i felt like a sellout. But my mental was "I only gotta do this untill i can quit" but that did little to help with anything even tho it kept me pushing forward.

Fast forward to today ! I was given confirmation that i should let go of trying to profit off my passion and start a new venture. Im still working my 9-5 and currently have no clue what my next entrepreneurial venture will be. BUT i do know the next thing i do i'll make sure that it provides ME just as much value as it provides others. And this is a another case study into the "trying to make money off your passion can destroy your passion" file.

I appreciate this forum and all it has taught me hopefully i can take the knowledge from this failed venture into my next one , and Im loving the "Unscripted " book ! Im going to read through it again and try out the looking for the "i hate" comments.

yup. Failed. Get back up and try it again.

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
558%
Mar 11, 2015

Wow. This is my exact story too. Music producer/rapper as well, started hating music and switched up my beats to get more PayPal notifications (I am addicted to the tiny little PP logo popping up on my phone haha). Made a pretty decent side income this last year from it but felt like i wasnt making a big impact. Selling beats I didn't like to artists I didn't like. Not only is it killing my love for music because now I'm only motivated by money, but it also feels like I can't quit because I've put so much time and money into it (Chalk that up to the sunk cost fallacy lol). Plus I am stuck in a 9 to 5 labor job and the only way out was making music work. Not sure where my next business is but I'm searching diligently. Thanks for posting, Joker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Wow. This is my exact story too. Music producer/rapper as well, started hating music and switched up my beats to get more PayPal notifications (I am addicted to the tiny little PP logo popping up on my phone haha). Made a pretty decent side income this last year from it but felt like i wasnt making a big impact. Selling beats I didn't like to artists I didn't like. Not only is it killing my love for music because now I'm only motivated by money, but it also feels like I can't quit because I've put so much time and money into it (Chalk that up to the sunk cost fallacy lol). Plus I am stuck in a 9 to 5 labor job and the only way out was making music work. Not sure where my next business is but I'm searching diligently. Thanks for posting, Joker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm glad my story could help . It's why I decided to share it . Actually I've been pretty successful in finding a new direction to go in . I'm doing my due dilligence and so far I'm in the clear. Now it's time to test the market

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.