The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This business looks like it could go fastlane

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
Tell me what you guys think about this concept:a fast food or fast casual(subway) franchise that sells all organic, fresh,healthy yet delicious spins on all the favorites americans love to eat.but you dont have to worry about calories or toxic foods like regular fast food and chains.because of the recipies as well it is designed to help you stay or get lean,quite the contrary to normal eating places.we so much of the danger so of fast food joints but we see thme everywhere.wouldnt it be great to see a fast food joint or chain restaurant where you dont have to worry about calories and toxins?what do you all think?mj should comment on this to as his book inspired me.some one let him know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vhwin

Hungry Newbie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 20, 2011
Australia
Is there a market for it? To what extent can you scale it? Are consumers going to notice the difference between, lets say, Subway, and are willing to pay a premium for it?

One thing ive found in my experience is that consensus is overated and that for every person that says, "that's great!", theres ten that'll disagree. If you think it'll work, screw what anyone else thinks, because what matters is the execution :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I've had this same idea. Constantly being in a hurry and being on a healthy diet that consists of 6 meals a day that is agonizing to prepare all the time, finding fast food, with a drive through, that didn't cost $10 per meal was my thought.

It would cater to the health conscious and body building world so to speak.

I didn't dig too deep but there are companies franchising this type of idea in places like California. From initial research the problem came into cost.

Do some more homework and see what you come up with. Is there a need for it? I would say yes but that is more off speculation at this point (mainly b/c I wish there was something other than just subway or panera in my town that was catered for healthy folks). I do have will power when my kid wants mcd's happy meals but even their healthy choices stink.

Joe

marc100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 21, 2011
Santa Clara, CA/ Silicon Valley
If I understand the concept of "Fastlane" correctly, I dont think restaurants or brick and morter businesses can be fastlane because you can only sell to people who walk into your door. Its not scalable, meaning you can sell to people in California, Miami, Toronto, China, at the same time.

I think he actually gives an example of a Subway owner who works very hard and is shackled to her business and cant grow her businesses without opening up new stores.

Fastlane to me means you can sell to many people without you having to be there.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Restaurant startups are so cliche and over rated. They are HARD to start and maintain, for someone with little to no experience in the industry, i suggest you stick to something else.

Ps. Food in itself is an art and everyone knows it is damn hard to make a living making art.

marc100

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jul 21, 2011
Santa Clara, CA/ Silicon Valley

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I know a lot of people go out to eat because they want food that tastes good. With the way many Americans are today, I think it would be difficult to cater to only the healthy meals (many of which aren't THAT tasty). A concept I was thinking of recently is a franchised restaurant chain that I would have called "Healthy/Tasty". This way you get customers from both the healthy and unhealthy eating circles. You can have two clearly distinguished sides of the menu that have similar items, and offer it in a healthy style, and a style that tastes good. For example, fried chicken something on one side, and a healthy grilled chicken salad on the other, or a burger on one side, a tofu sandwich on the other, etc.

This will also increase the customer base of when families or groups of friends are choosing to go out to eat (being that there is pretty much something for everybody).

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
I would buy it. I can be your first customer.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
D'Lites was a healthy fast food chain in Atlanta that grew to 100 units in the 80's but went out of biz. Good to read up on them. I think the market for healthy food is broader but it does have to taste good.

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
Is there a market for it? To what extent can you scale it? Are consumers going to notice the difference between, lets say, Subway, and are willing to pay a premium for it?

One thing ive found in my experience is that consensus is overated and that for every person that says, "that's great!", theres ten that'll disagree. If you think it'll work, screw what anyone else thinks, because what matters is the execution :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

There is definately a market.Everyone wants to eat some fast or casual fast food when they go out and not worry about calories AND HOW BAD IT IS.You could get food thats organic,toxic free and taste good with no empty calories.What do you think now?

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
i've had this same idea. Constantly being in a hurry and being on a healthy diet that consists of 6 meals a day that is agonizing to prepare all the time, finding fast food, with a drive through, that didn't cost $10 per meal was my thought.

It would cater to the health conscious and body building world so to speak.

I didn't dig too deep but there are companies franchising this type of idea in places like california. From initial research the problem came into cost.

Do some more homework and see what you come up with. Is there a need for it? I would say yes but that is more off speculation at this point (mainly b/c i wish there was something other than just subway or panera in my town that was catered for healthy folks). I do have will power when my kid wants mcd's happy meals but even their healthy choices stink.

Joe

you understand my concept.as people get more health concious they want a healthy option not like the fake healthy stuff at subway like you said.what other food joints do you know that did this in california?also what problem did you run into during this idea?

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
if i understand the concept of "fastlane" correctly, i dont think restaurants or brick and morter businesses can be fastlane because you can only sell to people who walk into your door. Its not scalable, meaning you can sell to people in california, miami, toronto, china, at the same time.

I think he actually gives an example of a subway owner who works very hard and is shackled to her business and cant grow her businesses without opening up new stores.

Fastlane to me means you can sell to many people without you having to be there.

well in his book he did state that by starting a franchise once it gains momentum has the potential.can you say mc donalds is not profitable?it may take time initailly but it can work.plus it can be an investment hiring a team once you find funding dont you think?

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
i know a lot of people go out to eat because they want food that tastes good. With the way many americans are today, i think it would be difficult to cater to only the healthy meals (many of which aren't that tasty). A concept i was thinking of recently is a franchised restaurant chain that i would have called "healthy/tasty". This way you get customers from both the healthy and unhealthy eating circles. You can have two clearly distinguished sides of the menu that have similar items, and offer it in a healthy style, and a style that tastes good. For example, fried chicken something on one side, and a healthy grilled chicken salad on the other, or a burger on one side, a tofu sandwich on the other, etc.

This will also increase the customer base of when families or groups of friends are choosing to go out to eat (being that there is pretty much something for everybody).

excellent advice.i had a similar concept in mind as an alternative.but the true thing iam attempting is to restructure even the bad foods and make them all tasty and healthy.thats the trick.one menu but it taste great but has a no bad effects.it will be what subway markets itself to be a way you can eat healthy to look lean and great with the great taste.it will also provide truly nutrtious foods so we can really get nourished,people dont realise how nutrient deficient we are. What do you think?

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
d'lites was a healthy fast food chain in atlanta that grew to 100 units in the 80's but went out of biz. Good to read up on them. I think the market for healthy food is broader but it does have to taste good.

exactly it is aimed to taste great,be organic and healthy all at the same time.costing will be the biggest challenge and whether to use a fast food,or sit down chain model.what do you all think?

Gary M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 9, 2011
NYC
If I understand the concept of "Fastlane" correctly, I dont think restaurants or brick and morter businesses can be fastlane because you can only sell to people who walk into your door. Its not scalable, meaning you can sell to people in California, Miami, Toronto, China, at the same time.

I think he actually gives an example of a Subway owner who works very hard and is shackled to her business and cant grow her businesses without opening up new stores.

One way/idea this could be fastlane is if you develop a brand. Yes, you can franchise and that is cetainly a way onto the fastlane. But if you can think of healthy product that you can brand, produce, and have in every healthy food store (Whole Foods) in the country before going global, then you truly are in the fastlane. Covers Need, Scale and the Law of Effection. Effect millions, make millions. Anyone would be very interested in a healthy, easy to make, quick meal that is good for you and the whole family!

Good luck

pstchaseki

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 18, 2011
"Simple quality fresh, great tasting, large portion meal for low price" This happens to be In-N-Out Burger's motto, and seems to be what the public craves, given how successful they are. However, not necessarily healthy. If you can somehow combine the healthy part, who knows....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.