The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thinking Out of the Box, But in the Sandbox!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Adult Sandbox Opens Near Las Vegas Strip

Love how an entrepreneur took something seemingly normal, threw it outside the box, and made it highly profitable. While not maybe a pure Fastlane, at the rates of rentals, it could be highly profitable and perhaps franchised in other places.

Love stories like these!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike A.B.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 19, 2011
Amsterdam, Holland
Awesome! Great idea, while they're at it, why not build something, sell the building, move the sandbox? =)

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Great business! I can't believe that no one has thought of it before. Pretty much everyone has had the thought at least once in their lives about driving one of these machines but no one until now thought about making it into a business.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great business! I can't believe that no one has thought of it before. Pretty much everyone has had the thought at least once in their lives about driving one of these machines but no one until now thought about making it into a business.

I'd also pay money to demolish a building. Give me the keys to the wrecking ball for one hour -- worth $1,000's to me!! =)

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I'd also pay money to demolish a building. Give me the keys to the wrecking ball for one hour -- worth $1,000's to me!! =)

Exactly! I would definitely do this as well; not now since every dollar I make is pretty much going to my fastlane business, but in the future when I have more discretionary money. Plenty of people who are middle class would pay good money to do this, because it's a secret fantasy that most of us have had, especially guys, but we could never fulfill because we didn't want to actually become construction workers to do it.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego

Just realized something. You just proposed another fastlane business. Anyone who is viewing this thread who is so inclined should definitely pursue this idea; maybe even you MJ since you have the capital. It could even be a franchise, which will help it grow quicker.

The only hurdle might be getting approval from cities to do this, for safety reasons, but once that's cleared you could make a business of letting people demolish abandoned buildings and charge them money for it. All the stressed out lawyers, doctors, and other professionals who need to let out some steam could come for a few hours and demolish some buildings, and pay great money to do it.

Mike A.B.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 19, 2011
Amsterdam, Holland
Too bad I don't have the knowledge and resources (yet) to start something big like this... I think it could work over here in Holland as well!

easymoney99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Aug 3, 2011
loll thats awesome

thats the type of stuff you get when u ask yourself the question:

"What would I want to do if I had no limitations at all."

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Now that is inventive. I was in this field before I left NY for AZ and ran the same type of equipment these people are paying to run. I got paid to do it but let me say that the hours suck and so does the pay. After 8 to 10 hours everyday it starts to get boring. I did run pay loaders and backhoe's and other equipment but its all the same in the end.

I'd bet this guy has a huge nut on some of those toys. They are in the hundreds of thousands to buy. A simple backhoe nowadays is close to 100k. The big excavators are $250k+

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I love the idea of taking underused assets and re-purposing them for profit. This type of inventiveness gets the creative juices flowing.

Take a look around you and find some underused asset. What else can be done with it?

I don't imagine Caterpillar envisioned their bulldozers used as toys. Gotta love the entrepreneurial mind.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
What a great idea! I got a chance to operate a few machines when I was running a job site in Georgia a few years back. We were knocking down 2 story apartment buildings. It was a real rush. I could easily see people paying good money to do that.

That kinda reminds me of something I seen a while back where you would pay to go in a staged room in which they would give you a bat or crowbar and you would be able to destroy the room. It was meant to take out anger. It actually looked fun! I wonder what happened to it. I found one that use to be in San Diego but it closed down. Frustrated? Go break things at Sarah's Smash Shack - Sep. 25, 2008

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.