The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Think I'm in the wrong vehicle - Help me get my head on straight

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
I don't have previous experience doing this. I've tried a lot of things in the past and failed miserably, and I'm not too proud of my track record. But all my previous things have taught me skills that really lend themselves to setting up deals like this. I'm pretty good on the phone doing cold calls, I'm a good in-person communicator, I'm a good strategic thinker, etc. I just decided that I was going to do this.

Previous things I've started have failed because they required more capital than I have available, were brand new ideas that have never been done before and thus required inordinate amounts of customer education, were "me too" products that I shouldn't have ever even thought about, were good products but were only good for a very small subset of people that were nearly impossible to target, and of course they also failed due to my own lack of effort. It is pretty hard saying all this stuff, because people on the forum know me, and I have absolutely nothing to show, but I read a recent post by @snowbank on Learned Helplessness at foreverjobless.com and realized that I was hindering myself due to fear of rejection. So screw it!

This business makes a lot of sense to me, and I got into it for a few reasons; low capital requirements, an element of passivity once the partnerships are established, people have done this before and have proven the business model (Jay Abraham being the leader), and it really meshes with the way my brain works.

If you really are interested in this, and you want to REALLY get your brain buzzing, go read this: http://www.abraham.com/mindshift-challenge/

This is great. I'm curious, what experience do you have with cold-calling? Thanks for that link to the post by Snowbank. I can definitely relate to that!

I seem to think in the ways that you described, so you definitely have my interest with your new venture. In what ways would you say your failed ventures have pointed you in the right direction toward the "right" ventures?

And YES! I follow Jay Abraham to some extent because his way of thinking also meshes with the way my brain works too. Can't wait to dig into this challenge! Thanks for that...+Rep!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
@LibertyForMe

Dude. You were right. My brain is buzzing like crazy after reading Jay Abraham's mindset challenge! I knew that there was potential in that sort of area, but I had no clue how to label it, how to learn more about it, and just how massive (infinite really) the possibilities are. I love putting the pieces together and creating win-wins.

It seems like, if you got very good at it, the upside potential is infinite, there's a possibility of no downside, and you don't have to have anything to start with except a strategic, hi-level thinking brain. When are we brainstorming our first joint venture? :)

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
@LibertyForMe

Dude. You were right. My brain is buzzing like crazy after reading Jay Abraham's mindset challenge! I knew that there was potential in that sort of area, but I had no clue how to label it, how to learn more about it, and just how massive (infinite really) the possibilities are. I love putting the pieces together and creating win-wins.

It seems like, if you got very good at it, the upside potential is infinite, there's a possibility of no downside, and you don't have to have anything to start with except a strategic, hi-level thinking brain. When are we brainstorming our first joint venture? :)

:tiphat: Told ya that it would get you thinking. So you are riding the hype train after reading the article, but there are downsides.

Jay Abrahams name is still attached to it all, and the big deals are dependent on him. He definitely has back end systems, but he can't necessarily sell the business because it is his name.

Scale is also difficult, if you are the main deal maker. Once I get better at this and get some experience, it may be easier for me to understand how to hire a salesman to help, but for now it seems difficult. But even as a small team you could do some big things.

But at this stage in my life, I don't mind having to do the work and I don't mind the scale difficulty, because I reckon I can figure that out later.

Also take what I say with a grain of salt, because I haven't made any money with this yet, and I only a have half of the first deal put together, so I'm not a pro or anything.

But yea, I have been having lots of success talking to biz owners, it is sething up the follow up meetings that are taking a while.

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
I am amazed at the reponses here and I have to admit that creating a unique system of teaching obvioisly gives your business bite.

I would look into maybe also doing dvds as well as online teachings.

Both will give you the ability to reach people outside of driving distances and open further channels.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.