The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Things worth $100 million where profit guaranteed is at least $1 million immediately?

D

Deleted85763

Yeah they could. Hell, I could. And I’m sure a lot of other members here could. Knowing a rich person that is willing to do a good deal isn’t special. There are a lot of them.
I should have said "I highly doubt it.". There's a lot of rich people but in my experience a lot of them aren't cash rich at all. They have houses and cars, etc, but no much cash, if at all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted85763

Opportunity for quick and legal gains don't come very often.
Really? There's an unlimited constant stream of them. For example, billion worth of property on the coast near major city. The reason it's not being sold or developed is because the family that owns lives overseas. If someone puts in some effort contacting the family they would be able to buy the property are a greatly undervalued price and be able to immediately resell it. Many people wouldn't think of contacting the family, putting in the effort or even trying if they did. Just saying....

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Really? There's an unlimited constant stream of them. For example, billion worth of property on the coast near major city. The reason it's not being sold or developed is because the family that owns lives overseas. If someone puts in some effort contacting the family they would be able to buy the property are a greatly undervalued price and be able to immediately resell it. Many people wouldn't think of contacting the family, putting in the effort or even trying if they did. Just saying....
Well I’d say you have your flipping( pun intended) idea now. Go for it and stop arguing everything everyone is saying. You’re not getting anything from this.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
I've heard that eskimo's are selling their fridges for dirt cheap.

D

Deleted85763

Well I’d say you have your flipping( pun intended) idea now. Go for it and stop arguing everything everyone is saying. You’re not getting anything from this.
I agree. The idea about the nut plantation was great thinking though as was the idea of doing smaller deals.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
@robertwills

Do you have a family? Wife? Husband? Kids? Or do you live alone?

I honestly think you may be schizophrenic and I would urge the rest of the forum not to feed into this further.

D

Deleted85763

@robertwills

Do you have a family? Wife? Husband? Kids? Or do you live alone?

I honestly think you may be schizophrenic and I would urge the rest of the forum not to feed into this further.
What difference does make if I have a family, a wife, husband, kids or I live alone? Does that matter at all for what I posted (which is good, helpful information by the way)? Ok. Last night I gathered with my family to watch a college football game. We got take outs from a Chinese restaurant and had Turkish candy and cherry pie for desert. Our team won! We all had a great time. The cat got so scared of our yelling at the tv that we didn't see her all night. We all laughed like crazy, too and then planned my aunt's birthday party for next week. Does this behavior now make me normal and now you are comfortable that I'm not some nut? Tell. me you're the expert.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
What difference does make if I have a family, a wife, husband, kids or I live alone? Does that matter at all for what I posted (which is good, helpful information by the way)? Ok. Last night I gathered with my family to watch a college football game. We got take outs from a Chinese restaurant and had Turkish candy and cherry pie for desert. Our team won! We all had a great time. The cat got so scared of our yelling at the tv that we didn't see her all night. We all laughed like crazy, too and then planned my aunt's birthday party for next week. Does this behavior now make me normal and now you are comfortable that I'm not some nut? Tell. me you're the expert.

It certainly would if I was convinced you're not a nut and making all of this up.. which I am not.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
My guess is that they don't stop getting solicitations unless they have a trust or something to protect their identity. But you better believe that people have hunted them down.

I have properties at the edge of a city and get constant solicitations on them from investors. Not as desirable as coastal property for sure.

I'm sure there are agents that have maintained contact with these owners.

D

Deleted85763

My guess is that they don't stop getting solicitations unless they have a trust or something to protect their identity. But you better believe that people have hunted them down.

I have properties at the edge of a city and get constant solicitations on them from investors. Not as desirable as coastal property for sure.

I'm sure there are agents that have maintained contact with these owners.
The example I was giving was just an example of how one could find undervalued assets but it was based on a real case. The owner simply lived overseas and no one bothered to contact them, except one person who knew how to "dig deep" and get value. This person bought the property far below market price, made some upgrades in the property and made a fortune.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The example I was giving was just an example of how one could find undervalued assets but it was based on a real case. The owner simply lived overseas and no one bothered to contact them, except one person who knew how to "dig deep" and get value. This person bought the property far below market price, made some upgrades in the property and made a fortune.
I'll respond to you tomorrow about some better ways to do this.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
If you are looking for real estate deals, there must be some type of reason for a discounted sale. Absentee owners certainly may fit the bill but not likely on a deal the size and scope that you are referencing. It is possible though. Are you going to make an offer?

On other types of income producing real estate, discounts usually present themselves with mismanagement. Frequently from absentee owners that put their trust in management companies. While there are some good ones, there are many that are less than competent.

The deal outlined above had an access issue. I was able to get a screaming deal on 40 acres because there was not any great access points. But, there were a couple of lots for sale that would allow me to gain access if I would be able to get an easement on them. I purchased them while they were in the middle of a court battle on the properties which really worked to my advantage. They were able to use the funds from the purchase to settle their dispute and I got a great deal on them as a result.

With apartments and commercial, I would look for deals that had cashflow issues. I bought a commercial strip center that was only half occupied. Other people were passing it up because it had vacancies for a long time. I looked at the area and the lease rates and felt compelled to buy it. I quickly leased the remaining space to a doctor and restaurant. Then sold it for a 400 percent return on my investment in 2 years.

Same with apartments. Purchased 87 units that were over 50% vacant. None of the units were ready to rent and there was a massive amount of work to be done. Got a great deal on the units. Made over a million with no investment out of my pocket. Just a lot of work on my part.

It takes knowledge and a strong understanding of the business to make deals. I have done others similar to these examples. The are opportunities are there but it take experience to find them.

D

Deleted85763

If you are looking for real estate deals, there must be some type of reason for a discounted sale. Absentee owners certainly may fit the bill but not likely on a deal the size and scope that you are referencing. It is possible though. Are you going to make an offer?

On other types of income producing real estate, discounts usually present themselves with mismanagement. Frequently from absentee owners that put their trust in management companies. While there are some good ones, there are many that are less than competent.

The deal outlined above had an access issue. I was able to get a screaming deal on 40 acres because there was not any great access points. But, there were a couple of lots for sale that would allow me to gain access if I would be able to get an easement on them. I purchased them while they were in the middle of a court battle on the properties which really worked to my advantage. They were able to use the funds from the purchase to settle their dispute and I got a great deal on them as a result.

With apartments and commercial, I would look for deals that had cashflow issues. I bought a commercial strip center that was only half occupied. Other people were passing it up because it had vacancies for a long time. I looked at the area and the lease rates and felt compelled to buy it. I quickly leased the remaining space to a doctor and restaurant. Then sold it for a 400 percent return on my investment in 2 years.

Same with apartments. Purchased 87 units that were over 50% vacant. None of the units were ready to rent and there was a massive amount of work to be done. Got a great deal on the units. Made over a million with no investment out of my pocket. Just a lot of work on my part.

It takes knowledge and a strong understanding of the business to make deals. I have done others similar to these examples. The are opportunities are there but it take experience to find them.
Thank you for sharing that information. Certainly real estate is a way to make a lot of money in a short time, if you buy undervalued properties like you have. However, real estate is also on everyone's mind. It's a known and sought after asset class. I think it's best to search for asset classes and within though classes to find things that are not being sought after by many or any buyers yet with basic marketing can be sold for a forttune.

Thank you for posting this valuable information. Certainly real estate has been a way to wealth, even quick wealth if you can find and buy undervalued properties. However, in my opinion because it's so known by the general public the opportunities are hard to find. I am looking for other asset classes that are not so known. The principle is the same though - find something that is not being marketed properly, buy it (and possibly add value by making improvements) and then sell it.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Thank you for sharing that information. Certainly real estate is a way to make a lot of money in a short time, if you buy undervalued properties like you have. However, real estate is also on everyone's mind. It's a known and sought after asset class. I think it's best to search for asset classes and within though classes to find things that are not being sought after by many or any buyers yet with basic marketing can be sold for a forttune.

Thank you for posting this valuable information. Certainly real estate has been a way to wealth, even quick wealth if you can find and buy undervalued properties. However, in my opinion because it's so known by the general public the opportunities are hard to find. I am looking for other asset classes that are not so known. The principle is the same though - find something that is not being marketed properly, buy it (and possibly add value by making improvements) and then sell it.
Yes. I agree that real estate is tough right now. I'm on the sidelines for now as well.

Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.