The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

There are no ugly women, just poor ones...

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Nathan said:
Nathan said:
I wonder how long those women stayed married? Or should I say faithful. I'm guessing not long.

I'm gonna have to say it's easier for women. ANY woman can go into ANY bar and say, "who would like to go home with me" and voila, she ain't going home alone. No man, who's in the same social status could do the same thing. All a man needs is a fat wallet and he can pull gorgeous women all day.

Nathan said:
Ha, whoa whoa whoa! Can't a guy be negative every now and then!
Actually, you'll find that the huge majority of the posts on the fastlane focus on proactive responses to issues and problems.

We've even had long-time posters here banned, JUST FOR BEING NEGATIVE.

I'm guessing you didn't know this.

Nathan said:
To start, I'm 26. I didn't mean to dig on women alone, so don't misconstrue - I meant for men AND women.

Funny, I don't see the words "men and women" in any of your assertions-- please read what you wrote.

Nathan said:
Anyone who has extremely low self-esteem like all of these women, and than instantaneously given a high self-esteem is going to change the way they look at the world - as well as their opportunities. They're going to get A LOT of attention they have never gotten. To me, that does not bode well. And to the one point in your post - these women did not LEARN how to be beautiful. Lots of money was spent to make them beautiful, and they gained a beautiful thing from it - self confidence.
I find it fascinating that you equate makeup and clothes w/self confidence. But RAWR had a lot of insight in his comments, so I won't belabor this. Suffice to say that in your original post, you NEVER mention self esteem-- only beauty.

Someone with low self esteem will not automatically get better or high self esteem if you give them new clothes, a haircut, and make up.

They'll just have new clothes, new hair, and make-up.

YES they will look different-- to themselves, and to others. THAT is the learning experience-- how powerful appearance can be in how others react to us. Apologies if I did not make this more clear.

Nathan said:
But more to latter part of your post.

Please don't assume why I'm here after you just pointed out I was making assumptions. I'm here to learn from experts and experiences that has been picked up to be successful and contribute where I can.
Sorry, I didn't make any assumptions. I just asked you a question.

Glad you're here to contribute and learn.

Looking forward to some proactive, positive, fastlane-style posts from you! :)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
Russ, you're seeming to want to argue? My apologies if I misread, but it seems we could go back and forth. I can't put my complete circle of thought into a post with a few sentences and it would be wrong for either of us to continually assume what the other's thoughts are. Ironically we're actually in agreement, you as well as Rawr on the post overall. I'll just leave it at that and we can get back to positivity!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I wonder how long those women stayed married? Or should I say faithful. I'm guessing not long. :banana:

I'm gonna have to say it's easier for women. ANY woman can go into ANY bar and say, "who would like to go home with me" and voila, she ain't going home alone. No man, who's in the same social status could do the same thing. All a man needs is a fat wallet and he can pull gorgeous women all day.

Well, I suppose it depends on what their marriage was based on. If is was love, respect and admiration, then I wouldn't think much would change.

I do agree that a woman could walk into most any bar (really depends on the bar lol) and scream "I will go home with whoever asks me!" won't leave the bar alone. God only knows what she would leave with, but odds are she wouldn't leave alone.

A fat wallet can pull hot chicks I'm sure, but again, is the quality there? I would think it would be a terrible feeling to know the person you were with was more focused on your net worth than on you! That, and I think dating someone only based on looks would leave you really lonely.

VRPlayer-

For most women substance goes a long, long way. Most women are not looking for six pack abs, they are looking for the guy behind the abs. Can he carry a conversation? Is he nice to his mom? His elderly neighbor? Children? Total strangers? What are his values? His hopes? His dreams? What makes him tick? ...Nothing makes a guy less attractive than a lack of substance, and most women are looking for a partner in life, not just eye candy. Substance can't be bought, it can only be developed.

...Most people frustrate themselves because they seem to catch all the wrong "fish", when really the need to focus on changing the bait.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
I want to bring back to Nathan's original statement since this topics spiraled out of control and no one really answered his question:
I'm gonna have to say it's easier for women. ANY woman can go into ANY bar and say, "who would like to go home with me" and voila, she ain't going home alone.
I believe this is 99.9% true, at least at every bar I have been to. The irony is this is what most men are looking for, NOT what most women are looking for. Most women are looking for love and commitment. Again, the irony is this is what most women are looking for, NOT what most men are looking for.

Ask a couple what's worse, your significant other cheating on you with someone else or falling in love with someone else? More often than not, I bet you get different answers.

So there it is:
  • It takes a lot for a woman to give :moon3: to any man.
  • It take a lot for a man to give :heartbeat: any woman.
In an ideal world, both are given at the same time.

Don't try to judge a woman's situation based on a man's desires (or vice versa). It'll never compute... :)

KyJoe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 28, 2007
Ha, ha. Those pictures are amazing. If only you could make beer goggles that worked that good.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Ya I was looking at the whos online and almost half if not more were guests viewing this thread.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
MJ/ Mtn man/JonLee/other web folks?

If this thread has that many hits, sounds like there is some untapped potential for a website about this-- from a different angle than the before/after stuff.

-Russ H.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I'm 99% certain that all the hits are being generated from the link I posted for women to get free breast implants. That's got to be a search term very high on google's list! That page supposedly gets 8 million hits per month... Hmmmmm...... Your welcome MJ ;)

- Hakrjak

BurnBright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
I'm 99% certain that all the hits are being generated from the link I posted for women to get free breast implants. That's got to be a search term very high on google's list!

- Hakrjak

I think we should do a test then. Now what topic can you justifiably put a link to free inplants in and then we count. :smug2:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
id say its a worthy experiment!

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
Holy... wow, what improvements.

I think some smart guy/gal on these forums with interest in makeovers can use those pics and get clients like gold!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Holy old thread resurrection batman.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Wow I was about to post about #10...since it seemed like she only put on lipstick, eyeliner, goggles, a 'necklace' and a different top.

The double pictures tricked me on that one. All of these pictures trick me...I'm scared about the trickery. Maybe I shouldn't be, I don't know. I'm genuinely scared of transsexuals that had 'makeovers' though :eek:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.