The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Weirdest Business Model (worth copying)

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I think it's a great idea, but it has to be incredibly stressful and possibly dangerous if you are dropping some bombshell on a group of people. It also said part of his deal is to go on private property and destroy things that were not meant to be found by the family.
You're 100% right. But that's the price you have to pay for the big paycheck in that kind of business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I think it's a great idea, but it has to be incredibly stressful and possibly dangerous if you are dropping some bombshell on a group of people. It also said part of his deal is to go on private property and destroy things that were not meant to be found by the family.
Honestly, delivering a bombshell probably wouldn't be that dangerous, because the people there don't know you personally, and you would (most likely) identify yourself before dropping the bomb (you would want them to understand why your up there and talking)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
$10,000 is nothing when it isn't your money. People buy life insurance, and a company can be designated as a beneficiary. This can be done even with multiple beneficiaries, so only a small portion needs to be designated toward the business for services. It may not require any modification to a policy except changing beneficiary percentages. The monthly payment amount may not need to increase at all depending on the type of policy.

There are policies for people young and old, and selling life insurance can be its own path to wealth. So maybe this is two separate businesses where one feeds into the other - life insurance with an option to add the other business's services, and to pay for those services by selecting the other business as a partial beneficiary. This is how cryopreservation contracts are usually funded and secured because cryopreservation starts around $35,000. At the same time, cryopreservation for people who pay in cash is around $28,000, so technically you can serve all income ranges.

Some life insurance policies build cash value the longer an individual maintains the policy. That cash value can be invested in different ways, for instance, paying for the policy when payments lapse, or as an additional death proceed, or even as retirement benefits. They can also be tax-free.

There will be some legalities to work out, but as a life insurance salesperson, you can sell to anybody with a steady income and collect recurring monthly payments over the course of a lifetime while offering them your other business's services.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Well an aunt of mine snubbed all her sisters when she recently died and left about $1.5m to a charity and zero to any of her family (with no reasons given that I know of). I'm sure she would have liked to have had the last word at her funeral.
There is often a lot of bitterness and fighting in families when a person dies. The one who is dying can be very distressed by it and could see having the last word after death as punishment for the bad behavior.

In some cases I suspect the deceased has been a grumpy person for much or all of their life and are willing to pay to hammer home their anger.

Walter

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I came upon this today and had to share it with my Fastlane friends. Please don't laugh....... this is deadly serious.

A man in Queensland Australia saw a need that maybe many people could relate to, but it seems that nobody has ever made a business out of it.

The need was for honest talking at funerals. Here's how he does it:
  • He visits people who are on their deathbeds in hospital. I don't know how he gets to know who is dying, but maybe he has good contacts in hospitals.
  • He interviews them, asking if there is anything they want said at the funeral other than the trite eulogies or wishes engineered by family members. In other words: What are your real last wishes?
  • For legal self protection he records the interviews.
  • He charges the dying person $10,000 to fulfill their wish to have those real wishes spoken.
  • When the funeral is under way he steps up to the microphone being used by the minister or MC, and tells them he is there at the request of the deceased who has asked him to read out his/her real last wishes.
  • Sometimes he tells all those standing behind the microphone to go and join the rest of the mourners.
  • Then he reads out his list, much to the chagrin of the vested interests who have said or would say otherwise.
He has a thriving business. His customers all die, but there are always more potential customers waiting, and as his reputation grows, so does his list of customers.

Walter
P.S. Is this fastlane? He doesn't even finish up with an email list.

I think the logistics (physical, legal and trust issue) of reaching a deal with a “dying person” is the entry barrier big enough to deal with.

That is probably his or her secret source.

How do you know so much rich and bitter people who are dying and can trust you?

And why would they not to choose a lawyer and address the bitterness in the will.

I just do not understand how that market works.

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
Love this idea.

Maybe get some final dispositions/mini-Will templates Prepared by an attorney and have them signed by each client.

Also might not hurt to become a notary public for when these docs get signed.
I wonder: what if crowd gets angry if you ‘crash’ a funeral and the funeral home orders you to leave. How do you honor your contract to perform this service if the funeral home evicts you?!

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
So for those of you who don't know much about Australia... A Queensland Man is our equivalent of "Florida Man"... you know those weird news stories that when you hear Queensland / Florida.. you go "oh, of course". That was my thought on this business model :)

I'm sure there is a business in it, but one I'll pass on executing.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Business name: Tell your family to f*** off, all without ever seeing them! Call me to discuss details.

Even if it sounds like a joke, that's one hell of a good business idea. You have so many costumers and no competition. :) worth a try ;)

Soldiers who are going into combat draft pre-written letters that their buddies are instructed to mail home upon their death. There’s a lot of loyalty and honor that goes into such activities.
Yes, but that's a little oldfashioned. If you created an app, they may record a video of themself and it will be sent directly to their family if they're dead. It just doesn't exist, so they write letters.

But I personally think that new family therapy isn't a bad idea. Nobody likes to go to the therapist. And it's more fun than just doing business with dead people. :)

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
My question, "If they are on their deathbed, who writes the $10K cheque?"
Good question. I have sat with a few old friends while they were dying and I can think of several of them who could not even lift a pen.

Walter

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
You aren't thinking about this from the right lens. The client is *not* dead at the time of the sale. The client, in fact, likely feels more alive than ever at the very thought of completing this kind of sale.
I`m not one to judge how people spend their money, I get that its a service in demand.
Just seems like a weird service to me.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
A good idea!
I would get some experience with lower prices.
when I can well, I would charge 100000 min. There are allways people in every income region to buybsomething. So in the welth region, too.
And rich people dare to use that service more, as often they have a bigger self confidence.
Having one client per month would be enough to be at 1 m ren.
Scale: self runner.

Very interesting approach. Just charge as much as possible and surely you’ll find some costumers. Here in Switzerland it’s already a business but only around 10 to 25k and no higher. Could possible be a highly profitable business.
But not my kind of business. :)
Nevertheless thanks for sharing @Ing

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
All joking aside, I don't know if its fastlane...usually fast lane is something recurring, and yes, death is recurring...but you'll have to find new clients each time.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I came upon this today and had to share it with my Fastlane friends. Please don't laugh....... this is deadly serious.

A man in Queensland Australia saw a need that maybe many people could relate to, but it seems that nobody has ever made a business out of it.

The need was for honest talking at funerals. Here's how he does it:
  • He visits people who are on their deathbeds in hospital. I don't know how he gets to know who is dying, but maybe he has good contacts in hospitals.
  • He interviews them, asking if there is anything they want said at the funeral other than the trite eulogies or wishes engineered by family members. In other words: What are your real last wishes?
  • For legal self protection he records the interviews.
  • He charges the dying person $10,000 to fulfill their wish to have those real wishes spoken.
  • When the funeral is under way he steps up to the microphone being used by the minister or MC, and tells them he is there at the request of the deceased who has asked him to read out his/her real last wishes.
  • Sometimes he tells all those standing behind the microphone to go and join the rest of the mourners.
  • Then he reads out his list, much to the chagrin of the vested interests who have said or would say otherwise.
He has a thriving business. His customers all die, but there are always more potential customers waiting, and as his reputation grows, so does his list of customers.

Walter
P.S. Is this fastlane? He doesn't even finish up with an email list.
I just had a tenant who died 2 days ago. I took his wife on a long trip so she could be at his side while he spent his last day in the hospital. His family is at odds with his wife over how she handling his arrangements. I think your guy's business model would everything more painful for those who are left.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I just had a tenant who died 2 days ago. I took his wife on a long trip so she could be at his side while he spent his last day in the hospital. His family is at odds with his wife over how she handling his arrangements. I think your guy's business model would everything more painful for those who are left.
have it in a will - or have it written down somehow (where your wife knows where it is) saves a lot of confusion and family troubles (especially if a divorce was involved at any point)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.