The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The true Darwin award winners

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 19, 2015
The common understanding of who deserves a "Darwin Award", is someone who dies because of their stupidity.

The actual winners of the "Darwin Award" is anyone that dies without breeding.

So these are some of the most likely actual "Darwin Award" winners:

- Aisha Tyler
- Ann Coulter
- Ann-Margret
- Betty White
- Bo Derek
- Chelsea Handler
- Chrisopher Walken
- Condoleezza Rice
- Debbie Harry
- Diane Sawyer
- Dolly Parton
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Fran Drescher
- Helen Mirren
- Hodo Kotb
- Jennifer Aniston
- John Cusack
- Jon Hamm
- Kathy Bates
- Lisa Lampanelli
- Liza Minnelli
- Margaret Cho
- Marisa Tomei
- Matt Dillon
- Megan Mullaley
- Mickey Rourke
- Pam Grier
- Patrick Swayze
- Renee Zellweger
- Star Jones
- Stevie Nicks
- Stockard Channing
- Tyra Banks
- Winona Ryder

No need to expand the list. It is just interesting that death is associated with the Darwin Award when in reality it is lack of procreation that wins the award.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
youre-awesome.gif

Kris Eire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Feb 16, 2017
Cork Ireland
I would take into account that many people are infertile. Not everybody who wants child will have one. This is a sad truth - I have many patients who go for IVF or some other form of assisted reproduction and not all of them succeed.
Besides not everybody have to have kids, it's a personal choice. These little pests are very hard work, 24/7. I have 3 kids and sometimes it is not funny at all.
Also many people should not have kids, they abuse them, treat like garbage and sometimes murder. It is better when some people don't have kids.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Ok, so are you creating a website to leverage this information? What are some ways you could make an interface that would make you the $20k/year you want?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks this is in the OFF-TOPIC section. So consider it water-cooler conversation.

Marissa Tomei? What a shame!

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 19, 2015
[
Ok, so are you creating a website to leverage this information?

Folks this is in the OFF-TOPIC section. So consider it water-cooler conversation.

Marissa Tomei? What a shame!

@MJ DeMarco, you took the words out of my mouth, thank you. Ditto, on Marissa Tomei, and to think George Costanza just missed the chance to take her off this list. Caah..STANZA! :smile2:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
[

@MJ DeMarco, you took the words out of my mouth, thank you. Ditto, on Marissa Tomei, and to think George Costanza just missed the chance to take her off this list. Caah..STANZA! :smile2:
My apologies, I was trying to show that you can make a fastlane business out of anything.

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX

Hey wait a minute. With technology you can freeze eggs or sperm which can produce offspring at some point in the future (i.e. after your death) so I would not agree with this. Anyone in this business BTW? :)

Christopher Walken for example might have been a closet obsessive sperm donor his entire life who might, at some future date, yield an entire race of Christopher Walkens.

And lets not even bring up Cloning.

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
I think your understanding of Darwinism is lacking, to say the least. The theory of natural selection refers to the propagation of positive traits and the removal of negative traits of a species as a whole. It has nothing to do with an individual organism's procreation.
Plus, everyone you listed has some (arguably) very positive traits. Therefore, our species as a whole is slightly weaker by the removal of their positive traits from the gene pool. So I don't see how very desirable people not passing along their genes is considered a "winner".

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Shame about patrick swayze. He was a talented actor, and by all accounts a decent man.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The common understanding of who deserves a "Darwin Award", is someone who dies because of their stupidity.

So these are some of the most likely actual "Darwin Award" winners:

- Aisha Tyler
- Ann Coulter
- Ann-Margret
- Betty White
- Bo Derek
- Chelsea Handler
- Chrisopher Walken
- Condoleezza Rice
- Debbie Harry
- Diane Sawyer
- Dolly Parton
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Fran Drescher
- Helen Mirren
- Hodo Kotb
- Jennifer Aniston
- John Cusack
- Jon Hamm
- Kathy Bates
- Lisa Lampanelli
- Liza Minnelli
- Margaret Cho
- Marisa Tomei
- Matt Dillon
- Megan Mullaley
- Mickey Rourke
- Pam Grier
- Patrick Swayze
- Renee Zellweger
- Star Jones
- Stevie Nicks
- Stockard Channing
- Tyra Banks
- Winona Ryder

No need to expand the list. It is just interesting that death is associated with the Darwin Award when in reality it is lack of procreation that wins the award.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. You are saying that the people on this list won the Darwinism award by not breeding, implying that should not further their DNA due to survival of the fittest or smartest.

How does lack of procreation win the award? If anything it’s the opposite of Darwinism when good genes aren’t passed along.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
This is the opposite of Darwinism. This is more the point of Idiocracy.

"
Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd. It began to simply reward those that reproduce the most..."

Opening scene included below:

I think your understanding of Darwinism is lacking, to say the least. The theory of natural selection refers to the propagation of positive traits and the removal of negative traits of a species as a whole. It has nothing to do with an individual organism's procreation.

I don't see how natural selection has "nothing to do with an individual organism's procreation."

That's just silly. The theory boils down to "individuals best adapted to their environments are more likely to survive and reproduce."

Last edited:

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
I could care less about which celebrities ended up having kids or not. Same goes for the cars they drive or what they ate for lunch today.

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 19, 2015
I don't see how very desirable people not passing along their genes is considered a "winner".

How does lack of procreation win the award? If anything it’s the opposite of Darwinism when good genes aren’t passed along.

This is the opposite of Darwinism. This is more the point of Idiocracy.
Bingo! The "winners" are actually the losers. Just as the "loser" on The Biggest Loser is actually the winner.

sthubbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 19, 2015
Still makes no sense at all. You lost me.
The Darwin Awards are meant to highlight human stupidity. From a evolutionary perspective the stupidest people are those people with positive traits that don't breed because they are preventing their positive traits from continuing. The movie clip posted above captures it perfectly.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Darwinism has nothing to do with "good genes".

Darwinism states that traits are passed on solely by procreation. It's survival of the fittest to procreate.

Therefore, even though people may have "good genes" that would "advance the species", evolution quite honestly doesn't give a F*ck.

Evolution only cares if you are willing to mix genes by creating offspring.

Thus, the changes within the human species are driven by those folks who are making the most children.

That's why some wealthy people feel it's their duty to have lots of children - to pass on their genes. Lower income, less educated folks tend to have more kids, which then [arguably] brings human evolution into a place where people with traits we don't want to see propagate are those that are propagating.

So, yes, anyone who dies without procreating wins the Darwin award. This is typically used to highlight dumb people who do dumb shit and die before they procreate. But as the OP mentions, it also includes a host of people who are incredible folks, that will die without making children for one reason or another.

Though, I still don't understand the context of why this post was made. :D

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Though, I still don't understand the context of why this post was made. :D

According to Dawkins, evolution doesn't care if your ideas are any good, only if you can get other people to think them too. The original post is a random recombination of memes, so that the forum database will grow into another generation of posts. I hope this doesn't mean that a hundred generations after MJ's gone, this will become the dumbest site on the Internet.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I can sympathize with OP, yes Darwinism is about survival of the fittest, but if your genes don’t get passed on what was the point?

How are you going to pass on your genes without having kids? Lol

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!