The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Thread of The Decade - Literally

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Someone had to do it and what better than Me, the cheesiest member of this forum, by far

giphy.gif

TWENTY TWENTY is on the horizon. You already know: I'm not superstitious but I'm.. a little-stitious. So welcome to:

:bolt:NEW DECADE NEW YOU:bolt:
*Dodges tomatoes*

In 2030 I'll be 40 y/o f--- How old will you be?

What do you want to tell your today's you, ten years in the future? Where do you want to be in life? Do you want future you to say, "thanks buddy" or do you want it to say "F* MARTY, WE HAVE TO GO BACK"

giphy-downsized.gif

Ah.. yes, go Cubs. Too bad they missed the prediction by one year.

Today, I tell myself: "Wow Bel, you've been through some good stuff AND some bullshit and look at you now." Everything that has happened in my life from 2010 to today has been all over the spectrum. As soon as I finished a set of stairs another would present, but a lot of them didn't even have to do with "me" or my goals. But for the first time my life circumstances (which I made for myself) are such that I have no more speed bumps, no stairs to climb that aren't related to my goals. I've left crappy people behind me. I'll probably never be an 80 hrs/week hustler but I move forward nevertheless, at my own pace. Not backwards, just forwards. And as of the past few months I've got the runway clear for take off.

giphy.gif

So in ten years, I'd like to be able to congratulate myself for:

• Separating my time from my money.​
  • Bringing my body health up to speed again, make it catch up with my mind (which has taken some great strides the past couple years, always learning but I've emotionally matured a lot).​
  • Succeeding in building venture(s) to empower communities, no matter how small the help.​
  • Building a family. To be more specific, not related by blood. I don't want kids of my own, but once I'm in a good position I like the idea of taking an older kiddo out of the system and giving him/her a place to belong. I also want to foster pets.​
Obviously I have SMART goals defined of how I'm going to achieve this, but for the sake of brevity I'll leave it out; that's what progress threads are for.

I hope in ten years, this thread is still here, time-capsule like, and I can come back and say "HELL YEA I NAILED IT!".

In the meantime I'll use it to go back to the source every time I feel lost. Wanna join and share?

What do you want for yourself in the 20's?

giphy.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Live a virtuous and principled life.

Be in good health. Lose my excess bodyfat, build muscle, good dietary habits, good cardiovascular health and flexibility.

Become an expert at running businesses, investing, and implimenting processes. Via execution and active learning.

Improve my communication abilities, as well as refining my philisophy and principles.

G

Guest24480

Most people have a here and now mindset. Then 10 years later, they wonder..what happened? Where has the time gone and why am I no better than I was before?

The killer duo is taking action in the present to set yourself up for success 10 years down the line, while at the same time accepting your current position and enjoying the process of getting better day by day, in the present moment.

Most people never find that balance but the first step is awareness. If you have that, you are a step above 99% of the population.

EternalX

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 10, 2017
FR
What I want for myself in the 20's and in my 20's too is first to enjoy my life (which is something very important in my opinion!) but also to create the business that I really want to have and I believe that it can greatly impact my target market!

On a deeper level I want to really experience many things in order to find what brings me the most fulfillment, travel the world to see other things that the area around me, discover new cultures and new peoples (And meet some Fastlaners too !! )

I also want to enjoy the presence of my family, especially my grandparents when they're still here too!

I don't think I have enumerate everything, a lot of things are surely missing and it's okay haha

Let's crush our 20's goals !

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
A villa, A yacht, A private jet :cool::rofl:...

.... But more seriously several businesses that bring value around them and help people a lot.
And health for me and my relatives.
I hope I'll learn a lot until 2030. Man that seems so far away but not that far at the same time its' kinda weird :wideyed:

Good "luck" to all!

Net worth goal: 1B$ before 2027. I know it's ambitious....:cash:

Last edited:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey, really cool thread!

It made me take the time to reflect back on my journey from 2010 up to 2020. What a dependent little shit I was back then lol....

Here are some of my goals that I will have reached by 2030:

- Use my knowledge of chemical engineering and entrepreneurial skills to work on Projects that support the environment and reduce CO2-Footprint
- Strong focus on Friends & Family and building/nurturing strong relationships (especially with my hot wife and amazing healthy kids)
- Transition from being an entrepreneur to an author/investor and mainly mentoring younger people with more drive, energy and talent
- Hold public speaking events regularly, where I encourage and motivate thousands of people to join us in fast lane pursuits
- Have at least a networth of 33 million Euros
- Have multiple homebases all around the world (North america, South America, Europe, Asia, Middle East)
- Be really good at playing and singing the guitar at the same time
- Have a 6 pack and baywatch body, even though il be 36 lol!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Have a 6 pack and baywatch body, even though il be 36 lol!

Oh didn't you hear? We've only got until 35 after that we're done. Get your cane ready.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
Oh didn't you hear? We've only got until 35 after that we're done. Get your cane ready.

I wish that guy had come along and clued me in a lot sooner. Silly me, I've gone down TWO new career paths since I was 35, and thought I was having a great time and making ever-more money.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
I turn 35 in January, guess I'm F*cked

In ten years, lots of money would be nice, but considering the health scare I had earlier this year, I just hope my life has had value and that I'm healthy.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Can’t wait for the “Roaring 20’s”

I want to become better every year than the previous one.

I wanna live like Jay Gatsby!

—-

In all seriousness, I want to build a vast Real Estate empire firstly here in my home country of Ireland which I am in the process of doing. When it reaches a critical mass Id like to pass it off to my Dad to manage while I expand it into the US.

Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Can’t wait for the “Roaring 20’s”

I want to become better every year than the previous one.

I wanna live like Jay Gatsby!

—-

In all seriousness, I want to build a vast Real Estate empire firstly here in my home country of Ireland which I am in the process of doing. When it reaches a critical mass Id like to pass it off to my Dad to manage while I expand it into the US.

I thought something similar. I thought at some point I would just like to buy something over there to rent that my mom can manage for some extra income. But then I ask myself if she’s not gonna be too old by the time that’s actually possible and I’d just be giving her a headache (this is just my mom I’m talking about, no idea about your dad). Might as well just make a huge savings account so I can give them everything they need when the time comes.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

In ten years, lots of money would be nice, but considering the health scare I had earlier this year, I just hope my life has had value and that I'm healthy.

Can people over 35 get a badge like

Fastlane INSIDERS
Speedway Pass
I’ve Read Unscripted
35 Candles and Surviving

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Itzemp3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 18, 2019
Cool idea Bella! Busy reading Tony Robbins Awaken the Giant and looking forward 10 years, I think the best thing would be to be content in every sphere of life.

I think being content doesn't always mean having boatloads of money, although that can be helpful. Even if many say money cannot buy happiness - I like that I can live life on my own terms and having enough is important.

Living well, being healthy and having your favorite people around you is also pretty cool. Oh and also want to have traveled to every continent by then.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

You know that's the difference between being broke and being poor. A lot of important people died broke but they are still in the history books because they weren't poor of mentality. They did something significant. This is what the phrase "money can't buy happiness" refers to, IMO. But if you use it as another resource to fill your life with wholesome stuff it is definitely helpful in fullfilling a lot of otherwise difficult goals. At the end of the day the most important thing is that no matter at what time it comes at least to be able to say "well even if it was cut up short, up to this point, (s)he was living her life well and was happy with how things were going"

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
This is great, Bella!

I finally wrote out on a spreadsheet what I really wanted my life to look like, if I were to please only myself, and not what The Script told me I should want.

The spreadsheet is there because, in addition to re-reading UnScripted , I also read The Path of Least Resistance.

Categories are:
  1. Primary (what goal do I truly want?)
  2. Secondary (what can I do to support the primary choice?)
  3. Steps (how to do what I want, including embracing the suck)
  4. To be scheduled (this should be filled and emptied onto the calendar every Sunday night)
My primary goals are lifetime goals. In 10 years, I'll be 63. No big deal, since I come from a long-lived family and plan to work into my 90s. Plus, blahblahblah late bloomer, whatever.

All that to preface where I expect to be. My primary goals:

- optimal health (including religion and tribe)
- living in a supportive, loving marriage ( I'm marrying the right guy in the spring!)
- having a loving, supportive, fun, loving, connected relationship with each kid (there's 7, so it takes planning)
- a life of well-funded time freedom
- enough money to live and end comfortably at home (ie, savings and investments)
- to be part of a winning team
- to go on a fun adventure by invitation
- to be the exotic one (I haven't travelled at all yet)
- to have public approbation in a Big Way

These are in order of my own hierarchy of needs. I was incredibly stupid, selfish, and sick at 35. No one should end at 35. I'm uglier, but way smarter.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My primary goals are lifetime goals. In 10 years, I'll be 63. No big deal, since I come from a long-lived family and plan to work into my 90s. Plus, blahblahblah late bloomer, whatever.

I wish my mom thought like you. She's 59 and she says stuff like "ugh I just wanna die young" all the time. I showed IHOPs menu to my dad last week telling him I gotta take him there next time they visit (He's 61) and because he's the same age my grandpa died at he's like "nice, I hope I'm alive to see it". F guys. I wanna make it to 2100, that means I gotta be 110-- TALK ABOUT FITNESS GOALS! Fun fact: He's a doctor. He KNOWS all he needs is to be active and have a good diet and he can up those chances way over what my grandpa lived.

Also, late bloomers ftw. I'm 30 and I'm just one year into what seems like the right relationship (Yes, still young). No kids, no degree, no car, etc etc.... Yet you dig around a bit and I'm twice more independent and happy than most of my high school acquaintances and people my age. Don't get me wrong I want a family, but what's the rush? I'm not worried about my fertility window because I don't care about family of different blood.

That's probably why people come up with stuff like there's nothing to do after 35 lol xP I'll stop now sorry Brian hahahah

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I definitely feel like my goals have been shifting.

21 American/22 Korean (1 less year until I hit 30).

I used to have a goal to buy my dad a new semi-truck since the one he owned had over 1,000,000 miles on it. It always needed some repairing. Just recently he purchased a new one so that clearing that off the bucket list is gone. But another goal of mine is to pay his mortgage off completely. There's only like $37,000 left on it.

Before 31, I'd like to have gotten married and have kids. Preferably happening in the upper twenties or early 30s.

Make sure that I'm healthy. Spiritually, mentally, and physically. So this means that all my teeth are still there and white. My vision is still 20/20 and that I'm still doing some outdoor activities, lifting weights, and biking. And hopefully, my relationship with Jesus Christ gets better. I want to make sure that I'm in a good place mentally, have a good relationship with family and friends.

I'd like to have gone through a large exit and one or two, and got out of it "F U Money". A goal is to have in the bank or actively working for me at least $25,000,000.

It'd be nice to have a place to stay in South Korea and America.

Seriously, create some life-lasting friends from the upcoming summit. There's going to be TONS of people, but if I can connect with even just a few, that would be life-long... that'd be amazing. Although I'm young, I don't have that many friends and because of that easily became a workaholic. So having more friends would definitely help me also in my goal for a better mental space.

Like others have my time separated from money. I'd like to be able to decide if I want to work today or not. And I'd like to be the deciding factor in what I want to do. I don't want to be forced to work because I'm worried about hospital bills or that I'm barely making ends meet. I need to have enough that I can support my family and that we never worry about money.

I'd like to become fully fluent in Korean and maybe gotten back into Chinese. Build my Russian and Ukrainian skills more as well.

Overall, I just want to be in a good place. Have a family and be able to take care of my family and friends. I don't want to have to worry about money and dread about my retirement or that I have to go to work. I want to love what I do and if I need time off or I need to take care of my children, then I'll be there for them. Definitely being there for my children is important to me. Should that be showing up to events or just taking care of them.

No worries would be nice...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
My answer today is different than it would have been 10 years ago, because 10 years ago I didn't have a child, now I have a 9 year old daughter.

So my answer is focused around her, obviously I want to be sorted and be comfortable in whatever endeavour I am in, however I just want her to be happy, healthy, intellectually rounded and solvent. Anything else is a bonus.

Bring on the roaring 20s part II

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
My theme for 2019 was "Unstuck"...I felt too comfortable and tied to tried and true in business and in life...this theme inspired several projects and realized results during '19 in the 8 areas of my life/business planning...My theme for 2020 is "Own It"...I finished my '20 life and business plan at the end of October...I have an ultimate vision to give purpose to my endeavors along with goals and key results for each of my 8 areas to move me forward...I also theme each month throughout the year to help me dig deeper into the values, virtues, and skills I need to live out my plan...for example each November my theme is "Gratitude".

In the past I had 10/5/1 year plans...now it's a 3 year horizon...a 1 year plan...a weekly plan...and a daily plan...with an emphasis on the weekly plan and a ruthless focus on the most important actions...I feel for me it's better to be quicker and more nimble now...even though I'm hopelessly over 35.

A lot of my process comes from my father's influence...he had the word "Arete" carved into a plaque that hung on his office wall...it's an ancient Greek philosophical concept that I have distilled down to my own take of "be my best moment to moment"...it's been my driving force since my teen years...I creatively swiped his personal motto and expanded it into 10 guiding concepts that I constantly review and try to apply to everything I do...his simple motto really was his life..."Do Good...Take Action Now..and Embrace Struggle".

My life journey has revealed a few key things I always keep front and center in my thoughts while planning my present and future...there is ALWAYS enough time to do the most important things...to get what I want I have to know EXACTLY what I want...and I have to PAY the price required to acquire it...no shortcuts or hacks for the most valuable things...don't wait, Act...purpose before passion...always have a plan and work it always...may success be yours in 2020!

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Me, the cheesiest member of this forum, by far
I'm not superstitious but I'm.. a little-stitious.

Well. You're not wrong.

But within 10 years I want to have a successful business in the fitness industry. Shit within a year I hope to be making ~$5,000/month from it.

As far as relationships and marriage, as of right now I have no desire for marriage and kids. I would much rather spend the next decade working on my dreams.

Who knows though, in 2030 when I'm 34 I'll be a completely different person. Just like how I am a different person now than when I was 14 in 2010.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Seriously, create some life-lasting friends from the upcoming summit. There's going to be TONS of people, but if I can connect with even just a few, that would be life-long... that'd be amazing. Although I'm young, I don't have that many friends and because of that easily became a workaholic. So having more friends would definitely help me also in my goal for a better mental space.

I'm with you. I can make acquaintances easily but I avoid it like the plague. I'm a very reserved person IRL. Not shy obviously; just introverted. Making REAL friends, the ones you don't talk about the weather with, is way more difficult. Either I'm very picky or I just don't "match" with just about anyone. I mean, it's a "me" issue, ofc. But finding someone I connect with and actually look forward to, say, go for coffee with and have a good, emotionally or mentally stimulating talk feels as hard as getting up early in the morning. My body just fights it if I'm not interested.

So my answer is focused around her, obviously I want to be sorted and be comfortable in whatever endeavour I am in, however I just want her to be happy, healthy, intellectually rounded and solvent. Anything else is a bonus.

Roli do you mind if I ask you, what bout you? My boyfriend (he has two kiddos that age) has expressed the same when I asked him what his plans for his future were, what did he think it would be nice to be doing in 5, 10 years. I guess it's something that I dont' understand since I'm not a parent, but can't you have goals to be there for your kids but also have goals for yourself as an individual? Do we lose ourselves completely to our kids? Please don't take offense this is a 100% honest curious question, not criticism.

Bring on the roaring 20s part II

Love this! Roaring 20s: Electric Boogaloo

My theme for 2019 was "Unstuck"...

That's nice, I love the idea of putting a theme to the year! Even if you play it by ear and not set strict goals you can sort of measure what's going on by comparing whether your actions are sticking or contradicting your theme.

A lot of my process comes from my father's influence...he had the word "Arete" carved into a plaque that hung on his office wall...it's an ancient Greek philosophical concept that I have distilled down to my own take of "be my best moment to moment"...it's been my driving force since my teen years..

That's super interesting, I'll google Arete. I feel the same way about my grandmother, RIP. She took no BS. She was a machine, energy speaking, until her last couple years. She didn't have a motto that she expressed, I just felt the way she carried herself was a motto in itself, even if she wasn't aware of it. She's one if not my biggest role model when it comes to self worth and confidence.

As far as relationships and marriage, as of right now I have no desire for marriage and kids. I would much rather spend the next decade working on my dreams.

Who knows though, in 2030 when I'm 34 I'll be a completely different person. Just like how I am a different person now than when I was 14 in 2010.

Yea don't worry about that at 24 if that's obviously not what guides you. There's plenty of time for that. There's also partners and partners but it's a lottery. If you aren't on the same page it's just gonna drag you down. If you are, it can be great company and support while you both work towards your goals, but if it doesn't happen that way there's no reason to rush it.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
It's weird thinking back 10 years... actually insane.

I was thirteen 10 years ago and now I feel like 10 years is longer than I thought.

At the time I was in middle school making YouTube videos of me playing Call of Duty. I was smoking weed with my friends. I was a total midget since I was a late bloomer.

I've gone through probably 5 phases in the last 10 years, and I can't believe how different my life is now than it was only 3 years ago.

I want to stay consistent in the gym. I want to be financially free from selling my businesses. I want to have spent the majority of my time creating instead of consuming.

10 years from now, more than anything, I'd like to say that I bet on myself and didn't hold back anything out of fear.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Roli do you mind if I ask you, what bout you? My boyfriend (he has two kiddos that age) has expressed the same when I asked him what his plans for his future were, what did he think it would be nice to be doing in 5, 10 years. I guess it's something that I dont' understand since I'm not a parent, but can't you have goals to be there for your kids but also have goals for yourself as an individual? Do we lose ourselves completely to our kids? Please don't take offense this is a 100% honest curious question, not criticism.

Absolutely no offence taken, it's a good question!

The fact is, as I read your question I was about to answer how I would have probably answered before my little Popsicle, however I started thinking about what would make me happy, you know? Truly happy, and I realised that I could become the richest person on earth, and if she wasn't happy, then I wouldn't be. So that's how I decided to answer.

As for me personally, I would hope to have either made a success from my inventions, and have enough money to start a foundation and/or a charity or two. I'd love to work in tough areas like where I grew up and spread some hope and cheer.

I want to travel and soak in every culture available to me, I'd love to expand my list of languages, and fill in the gaps to the ones I have already. I'd also love to go back to the piano, as it's the only instrument that has every made sense to me, and one that I can actually play a little bit.

The main reason I liked your question though, is that I have been doing a lot of future projecting, and it reminded me that the pursuit of money for the sake of money, is ultimately futile, and regardless of financial status, that we must follow pursuits that make us happy.

Hopefully medical science allows me to live even longer than the current average, but however long I live, I know that on my deathbed I won't be regretting not fitting enough meetings or getting more sales, moreover I'll reflect on the impact I had on the world and whether people felt good around me. That is the meaning that I want to impart on my life.

So thank you for making me think!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Absolutely no offence taken, it's a good question!

The fact is, as I read your question I was about to answer how I would have probably answered before my little Popsicle, however I started thinking about what would make me happy, you know? Truly happy, and I realised that I could become the richest person on earth, and if she wasn't happy, then I wouldn't be. So that's how I decided to answer.

As for me personally, I would hope to have either made a success from my inventions, and have enough money to start a foundation and/or a charity or two. I'd love to work in tough areas like where I grew up and spread some hope and cheer.

I want to travel and soak in every culture available to me, I'd love to expand my list of languages, and fill in the gaps to the ones I have already. I'd also love to go back to the piano, as it's the only instrument that has every made sense to me, and one that I can actually play a little bit.

The main reason I liked your question though, is that I have been doing a lot of future projecting, and it reminded me that the pursuit of money for the sake of money, is ultimately futile, and regardless of financial status, that we must follow pursuits that make us happy.

Hopefully medical science allows me to live even longer than the current average, but however long I live, I know that on my deathbed I won't be regretting not fitting enough meetings or getting more sales, moreover I'll reflect on the impact I had on the world and whether people felt good around me. That is the meaning that I want to impart on my life.

So thank you for making me think!

Love that! I used to play the piano until my teens. My dad plays the piano on the daily, it's his thing. There's room for everyone's goals! Also I'm sure it's good as well for any child to see their parents also have projects and work towards things, as long as there's a balance of course. It will imprint on her.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
2009 - Living in a dorm in West Africa working for a hippie feel good.
2019 - Living in suburbia with two kids pillaging and looting the inventory of failed companies
2029 - Living in a van on my own hemp farm...... possibly in space.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
2029 - Living in a van on my own hemp farm...... possibly in space.

Best writing prompt ever. Please make it one of those retro Volkswagens. Hell I wanna draw that lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.