The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Thread of The Decade - Literally

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
By 2030? Oh I dunno..
Get married, travel the world visiting old friends, make a bunch of new ones, learn a couple languages, run a couple companies, practice jiu jitsu, write some books, worship God, pray a lot, see Everest from a nice safe spot with my children standing tall on either side of me and finally.. listen to them discuss their plans for 2040.

Hm. These are good plans except.. I’m starting to wonder if I should be on this forum anymore.. hm. The more therapy I go to the less focused on world domination I become. Is it ok to admit on this forum that I kinda just want to be a wife and a mom and not create an empire? Hm.

I’m stuck at my kitchen table right now.. my six year old had to get oral surgery today. He’s fine. Actually he feels great. He got new toys! He’s putting together a new LEGO Batmobile. Mr. Freeze looks cool.

I had to take the day off.. tell client after client that I couldn’t work today. It’s weird being home during the day. Its actually kinda weird just having time with my munchkin.. hence the forum posting.. I don’t know what to do with myself! But it’s nice. Really nice.

Oh well.. those are the deep thoughts for the day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Is it ok to admit on this forum that I kinda just want to be a wife and a mom and not create an empire? Hm
Not gonna pretend I have any idea what other people should want from their lives, but I don't think there's such thing as being "just" a wife and mom. It's a huge undertaking from what I can observe.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I got to be a housewife for 17 years, and it was awesome - my goals all come down to 'how can I create this for myself now?'

Control goes here. I passed the responsibility onto one person (not me) to maintain my status. And that was a mistake. Now I know, that even as I'm planning the next (last) wedding, I have to have control over my own financial sources.

Frankly, if I won the lottery, I would just go back to being a housewife with a lot of dogs and some interesting hobbies. But I don't play the lottery.

And since global domination is the most sure way to get what I want....

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Is it ok to admit on this forum that I kinda just want to be a wife and a mom and not create an empire?
Martha Stewart was a wife and mom, and it doesn't seem to be domination so much, as it is trying to leave the world a little, or alot, better than you found it. :)

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
By 2030? Oh I dunno..
Get married, travel the world visiting old friends, make a bunch of new ones, learn a couple languages, run a couple companies, practice jiu jitsu, write some books, worship God, pray a lot, see Everest from a nice safe spot with my children standing tall on either side of me and finally.. listen to them discuss their plans for 2040.

Hm. These are good plans except.. I’m starting to wonder if I should be on this forum anymore.. hm. The more therapy I go to the less focused on world domination I become. Is it ok to admit on this forum that I kinda just want to be a wife and a mom and not create an empire? Hm.

I’m stuck at my kitchen table right now.. my six year old had to get oral surgery today. He’s fine. Actually he feels great. He got new toys! He’s putting together a new LEGO Batmobile. Mr. Freeze looks cool.

I had to take the day off.. tell client after client that I couldn’t work today. It’s weird being home during the day. Its actually kinda weird just having time with my munchkin.. hence the forum posting.. I don’t know what to do with myself! But it’s nice. Really nice.

I thought I wanted an "empire" once, now I just want to be Miss Peregrine with a home for peculiar children and dogs and cats lol.

What I hear you say is you just want to be at home. You don't need an empire, you just need your expenses covered. I'm in the same boat. Then with your free time you might come up with new stuff to do, maybe even along with your kids, that furthers your financial freedom, still has nothing to do with "empires".

Learn Krav Maga so we can spar :p

P.S. I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed in August, all through surgery (weren't out, were impacted). I was miserable for not less than two weeks. Kudos to munchkin.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest

The point is freedom to do what you want to do, right? I'm sure I'm not the only person here who started living "unscripted " specifically to have more time and flexibility to be available for the people in my life.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Is it ok to admit on this forum that I kinda just want to be a wife and a mom and not create an empire?

Not sure how you came across this forum, but meet Mrs. Midwest:

I love everything she stands for, and I hope you'll do too.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a wife and mom and not create an empire. If I have a wife, I would strongly discourage her from working, for fear of her getting deep in those office politics mess.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
By 2030? Oh I dunno..

You don't know it now, but you are living the good old days RIGHT now!

Cherish these moments. This is a chapter of your life that will be gone way sooner than you want it to be.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Martha Stewart was a wife and mom, and it doesn't seem to be domination so much, as it is trying to leave the world a little, or alot, better than you found it. :)

Sorry off course but..... Martha Stewart..... a few months ago we were at a place where George Bush was at. Not many people there, my wife has known them for a few years..... not much conversation because what the hell is this hick going to talk to George Bush about... I never did cocaine :rofl: Anyway, I was glad it was about over and just as the Bush' left, Martha Stewart came in with a lady we know really well. Now truth be known,I have no idea why I've always thought a night with Martha Stewart would be WILD!!! My wife doesn't know this or else we would have probably left. So we got some jello and stayed while she ate soup. Her and my wife were talking about art... once again, what is this hick going to talk to Martha Stewart about except maybe what I've done on her sheets! :innocent: :halo::rofl: Anyway, I am never star struck by anyone and I don't think I was star struck with her, it was more of an attraction that I've had for years. Anyway, that is my Martha Stewart story.

@Primeperiwinkle That's kind of what everyone is working for, to have a world to do what they want. You would need to find a partner that will and can support you financially but I don't see much wrong with that. If it makes you have time to do what you want.... that's most people' goal here. I took the slow lane to get here because I didn't know about a fastlane back then. Some people will never get to where they are going and some can be there by the help of their partner..... no? Besides, we are an addiction, we have you under our power and you can not leave us :bolt::run:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.