The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The [SCRIPTED] Vault (Dogmatic Social Engineering)

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
penny from a nickel

Haha I love the subsection of the paper "Money CPR"

I'm pretty sure if your finances are in cardiac arrest skipping out on Starbucks is not gonna help.:rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
No medium is free from the dogmatic BS. From a trade association newspaper for nurses in AZ...

What do really rich people say about money?

Apparently nothing that really made them rich.

None of these things made them rich. These "strategies" might have set the plate for wealth, but nothing here turns a thousandaire into a billionaire. No mention of risks, entrepreneurhsip -- just more of the same 50 year defensive BS on how to squeeze a penny from a nickel.

View attachment 22318

I cringe whenever someone mentions Warren Buffett's investment strategies and his value investing. They don't understand the truth of how he has built wealth. How about someone talk about how to gain control of company management and buy shares of company with preferred pricing (discounted) in a privately negotiated deal? Those are part of his actual strategies. @MJ DeMarco talked about it in a podcast interview with Jason Hartman and was spot on.

This has been on my mind after we just had a meeting with our accountants. They were talking about their investment programs (typical 401k/IRA stuff with the 30-yr charts) and how we could save for retirement. My ability to hold my tongue the entire time was a miracle in itself, but I just sat and listened. Then, they mentioned about the fund managers using great strategies like the ones Warren Buffett uses. It took every ounce of energy for me to hold back from saying, "no, that's not how it works or how Buffett does business."

Some people just regurgitate the same spiel because they've never taken the time to stop and actually understand what is really going on with money, business, and Wall Street. I have reached the point of not debating or arguing with anyone about these topics anymore. It's not worth the time and effort.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Will buying coffee keep you from getting rich? Here's what Kevin O'Leary and other experts say

And yet, none of these "experts" got rich skipping their coffee. Same ole, same ole hypocritical BS. Generally a fan of K. Leary, but he lost some points here, not to mention he's wearing some god-awful coat that probably cost $2,500 -- why was that purchase not foolish, but your $2.50 coffee is?

It's absolutely infuriating when guys worth 9 figures or more continue to preach this garbage about investing money saved on coffee.

I get it -- discipline is important as is investing. But this shit advice is equivalent to pissing in a lake to combat a drought. Frugality is the front door, not the entire fn house.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
What's really surprised me since I've started my own business is how irrational people get when you tell them compound interest isn't going to make you rich.

Whenever someone hears I own my own business they ALWAYS ask "what are you doing to save for retirement?"

...and then proceed to go nuts when I say that compound interest is great for keeping up with inflation and not having your savings get devalued over time but I'm not concerned with putting money away for retirement as I'm still working on making my business successful first and foremost.

You would figure I'd get some credit for knowing my stuff with my background working in the investment banking world for 4 years, but all I hear is the same "5 bucks saved every day will be 1 million in the future" or something along those lines.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
When I was 19 I set up a simple IRA account with 4% contribution from my employer and I opted in for extremely risky(heh). I looked at my account growth recently and I noticed it hasn’t moved a muscle, even though I caught the big stock waves and rushes for some reason I only got 4% from all that growth. I cashed it out a week ago at 500 paying the government 10% and other fees I ended up
With $446. The numbers do not add up either

Now what I’m going to do with that money is

1. Buy the INSIDERS pass for a whole year(Dead serious)
2. Invest into buying product and setting up my agency and learn how to write copy.

I can’t wait to risk my money and lose most of it only to learn by doing and to find another way.

Seriously, screw that retirement system of getting 4% per year. I am going into the Fastlane.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Will buying coffee keep you from getting rich? Here's what Kevin O'Leary and other experts say

And yet, none of these "experts" got rich skipping their coffee. Same ole, same ole hypocritical BS. Generally a fan of K. Leary, but he lost some points here, not to mention he's wearing some god-awful coat that probably cost $2,500 -- why was that purchase not foolish, but your $2.50 coffee is?

It's absolutely infuriating when guys worth 9 figures or more continue to preach this garbage about investing money saved on coffee.

I get it -- discipline is important as is investing. But this sh*t advice is equivalent to pissing in a lake to combat a drought. Frugality is the front door, not the entire fn house.

Kevins got a money management fund, of course he'll tell ya to save your money!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
My job I just got canned from I've met a ton of people that are 50+ years old grinding hard for barely above minium wage & cant even really afford this XMAS amognst bills and other crap.

Dont really have words for it..

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Now what I’m going to do with that money is

1. Buy the INSIDERS pass for a whole year(Dead serious)
2. Invest into buying product and setting up my agency and learn how to write copy.

I can’t wait to risk my money and lose most of it only to learn by doing and to find another way.

Seriously, screw that retirement system of getting 4% per year. I am going into the Fastlane.
This is a great idea, I have a few products on Amazon. Im no expert, hell I basically know nothing. But for $3500 I get $400 a month profit from 1 product. Now in the Amazon world this is considered pathetically low. However please show me an investment that has a 11% ROI PER MONTH on 3.5k, its impossible! Just an example :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There are few people I loathe on this planet, but she's one.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
There are few people I loathe on this planet, but she's one.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
What a fantastic 8 pages of horror to remind me of life in the script.

I listen to the first few chapters of unscripted (life in the script) on my commute every morning to force myself to remember not to accept the status quo and end up played like a pawn like one of the many examples in this thread.
Between listening to that and these 8 pages, I fill with rage thinking what the world wants for people like us.
When I'm stuck in traffic tomorrow morning, surrounded by chainsmokers, the hopeless, and the depressed; I'll be thinking about this thread.
I'm glad I found this forum.

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
A college degree is such a misconception, it doesn't guarantee anything. it is marketed and sold just like everything else and the price increases year after year while it provides no extra value. people need to be educated about higher education. Knowledge is much more important.

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
does the author knowingly lead the sheep astray or does she think sheep will be sheep and is genuinely trying to help them within their slowlane bubble?
i do think some are just trying to help people where they are because they can't even get from the sidewalk to the slowlane.

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
Is My Car An Asset Or A Liability?

Your car is an asset. Evidence: It generates no income and costs money to operate.

Thought of this mythology yesterday after finding out the Camry I paid $4k for 2 years ago needs a $5k engine replacement. :thumbsup:
did you do the repair or replace it? if so, how much more did you spend on another depreciating asset?

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
Scripted Jobs most susceptible to automation

The Parts of America Most Susceptible to Automation

Highlights:
Most think the hardest area/jobs hit with automation will be the Rust Belt and manufacturing - Not so!
Much of the manufacturing is already automated
Areas of high concentration of food preparation, office or administrative support and/or sales will be most effected by automation
Las Vegas, Riverside-San Bernardino, El Paso, Orlando and Louisville will be hardest hit
More than 55% of jobs will be lost to automation in those industries areas

Note: follow the unscripted path and avoid becoming obsolete to a machine!
i already see this happening in my financial services office job. as the company invests in computer workflow systems that are more intelligent, there is less need for manual human computer processing. it makes the job more productive and less tedious but also requires less people.

Lizjinx9

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 18, 2021
Girl I was hanging out with last night, we've been seeing each other for about 8 months.

"I'm getting a $5,000 scholarship to do x and y... I was thinking about investing $1,000 of it in the stock market"

Then a 10 minute spiel about a 401k, etc etc.

"I mean we're going to be automatically working until we're 70 so you might as well have as much fun as possible while you can. No point in working too hard"

And on trying to explain the concept of "f*ck you" money... just couldn't get it through to her. "Well even if you're retired at 30, you'll just die early because your brain won't be active because you won't be working." or "Well you can't just do nothing all day" blah blah blah.

The funny thing is she goes to what is probably the #1 school for entrepreneurship in the country. Her dad is boss of a few companies. "But he still has to take calls on vacation.. for example last time we went on vacation he was taking calls for the first two days."

I'd rather be working remotely while on vacation with the family, even if I had to do a 12 hour day or two during part of the vacation, because you still have that freedom. Apparently that couldn't click with her, as if the alternative of working in a cubicle for 50 weeks and having 2 weeks paid vacation is any better.
sharing the mindset with your significant other is important.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.