The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The real situation of real estate market and thoughts on what can happen in the future.

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020
Hi guys and gals,

I’d like to open a reliable thread about global real estate market current status.

I’m writing from Italy, where the culture is so many different compared to English-speaking countries and other countries, for example Germany, where there is no “home-ownership” strict culture.

In the light of what is happening in Russia and Ukraine, the problem of gas cost increasing, but also because of a global bending in house trades, lead me to first question:

1st question: Can we suppose that house costs are destined to decrease in price in 2023?

Then, this question leads to the second one: I’m considering to buy a house, 1077 square feet (100 square meters), 4 rooms, 323 square feet of terrace as well.

House pricelist is 170.000 eur, that I can negotiate to 150/155.000.

If I try to wait 2023, the same house should be bought for 155.000 pricelist, negotiated to 145/140.000, in expectation.

2nd question: If I buy the house right now @ 150/155k, to live into, and considering I have to borrow around 30.000 eur to meet the necessary advance to open a mortgage, can it be considered a good investment? (Total advance payment will be between 40.000 and 50.000 euros).

The more time I wait on buying a house, the more I increase my savings, the less I have to borrow for lending.

I mean, current rent rate in Italy, for a 2-rooms, 430 square feet, is over 600 euro per month.

While, buying this house I’d have a mortgage cost of around 415 eur per month x 30 years – that I plan to close within 15 years. (in addition of 437 eur/month to be paid for 120 installments for the lending of 30.000 € I mentioned above, that I plan to close in 5 years).

Also consider that Italy has a “partial refund system” for mortgage installment for 15 years.

Let’s make it clear: I don’t like this situation, financially speaking.

The perspective to leverage on rent and not to pay this huge advance and use money for investment, entices me a lot.

On the counterpart, I hate the idea to pay over 600 eur per month for the rest of my life, for a rent, even considering that mortgage installment will be partially refunded by the state.

I know that, financially speaking, buying a house is usually a bad idea. Financial gurus do nothing but repeat it, every time.

But, considering rental market situation, is really a bad idea to actually buy an house?

Thanks if you want to help me develop a useful thread

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
1. Probably, but you cannot predict this exactly
2. If you live in the house and/or rent it out, yes. As an object of speculation, the house is likely to only cost you money, but you can derive continual value from it greater than the cost.

Not sure why you say this thread is about 'global real estate market' when really its about whether you should buy this house or not. I don't know your personal situation, but if you can afford it, plan to live in that location, and have no business to invest in currently - go for it.

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020
1. Probably, but you cannot predict this exactly
2. If you live in the house and/or rent it out, yes. As an object of speculation, the house is likely to only cost you money, but you can derive continual value from it greater than the cost.

Not sure why you say this thread is about 'global real estate market' when really its about whether you should buy this house or not. I don't know your personal situation, but if you can afford it, plan to live in that location, and have no business to invest in currently - go for it.
Hi @Eudaimonium,

this is an hybrid post.
Thanks for your advice about my situation

But my question is even more on real estate market, that I think is gonna be hitted by global crisis.

So, is it still worth to buy real estate properties for living?

There are borderline opinions on this thread: from one side, there is an absolute condemnation on house buying by financial experts. Because of all expenses that are needed to mantain a viable house.

On the other side, is still worth to pay rent, especially when installments become higher than mortgage installments?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.