The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Provoking "Wake Your A--" Up Thread

Anything related to matters of the mind

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
The past months, I've learned a thing or two...

We, as people, WANT answers and we WANT it NOW.

We WANT a bullet proof "unique" idea, and if not we mope around and play victim(everything is already done! It's too saturated!!).

And we for sure as hell want to follow a paved-road because we think what works for others will work for us.

Because face it, it's difficult putting in the work and solving your own problems AS WELL AS OTHERS problems.

Complaining and hoping is easier to do.

It feels a lot better too.

That's why we scour forums like this, searching for gold threads, one after another.

You like the feeling of picturing yourself with the success of these gold-thread posters.

It's a second handed state of high.

"what if..." is a powerful question.

But don't you want to feel it first handed?

Like doesn't it make you mad or angry that you're not doing something about it?

So many step by step guides on here, and you're still reading this.

Anyways... Off you go.

Consuming.

Binging.

bloating.

And yeah, knowledge constipating due to big-headed-syndrome(because you're not applying what you learn!).

Paralysis by over analysis.

(there are exceptions to those built-different entrepreneurs that are born hungry though(won't name names), but if you do your due diligence you will see them posting some mega-gold bombs REGULARLY...)

Oh yeah, I'm joking.

They weren't born hungry. They grew hungry.

Their journey to become something bigger than a 9-5 drone, to give back and receive a life worth living.

It's about the journey man. Not the destination.

So take this for what it is.

A smack in the bum for those of you, who are like me, a lazy bum.

You got to cultivate that hunger and let it fester so much that it fuels your rocket engine.

To shoot to the moon, and back again. Claiming the stars, if not moon dust.

Sincerely, this is a reflection of my own journey. Lessons I learn a long the way, the hard way. And experiences from an egotistical, hardheaded, self-centered person, who's learning to create his own path. I write this to document my mindset and a way to transform your life through my mistakes and learned lessons.

PS.
if you have anything worth sharing to people starting out, to provoke them(in a good way) to start something...anything..., please feel free to hijack.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
How do I know when or how to start?
You don't, until you start.

How do I know what is a good idea?
You don't, until you put the "idea" to practice and that idea is forged by heated criticisms(or positive feedback).
Endure. How? by enduring.

I'm scared what others will think of me?
Ok? Would being in the same place that you are right now 10 years down the line be scarier?
How many people are you disappointing by staying the same?

People forget about you.
You are not that important(at least to them).
The more you act important to others, the more in your head you'll get.
The more of a laughing stock you become.
To yourself.
That's the worst...
LOL. You still think people care about you?
Everyone is in their own headspace.

To entrepreneurs though, we gotten get out of the box.
And think about them.
The people.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
PS. if you have anything worth sharing to people starting out, to provoke them(in a good way) to start something...anything..., please feel free to hijack.
Well, I managed to find MJ's book 4 years ago and action fake the whole time.
There's a very bad loop you don't want to fall into.

I've been consistently finding business models that interest me, I'll get started with them. Put maybe a month or two into it, and then I'll reason my out of starting the business, I'll look at any of the challenges the business has(Every business will have it's challenges) and I'll justify dropping the idea and moving on to something else.

DO NOT DO THIS.

It's been a massive waste of time, what you should do as a new entrepreneur is find a good business model. Build the skills you need to succeed at it, and stick to the idea. Put the blinders on and focus 100% on that business until it's successful. It took me much too long to learn this lesson. I spent too much time searching for a golden goose business rather than buckling down and building one.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
I've been consistently finding business models that interest me, I'll get started with them. Put maybe a month or two into it, and then I'll reason my out of starting the business, I'll look at any of the challenges the business has(Every business will have it's challenges) and I'll justify dropping the idea and moving on to something else.
bump-da-bump. So true. I think it's one of those things people starting out will DO and experience first handed, no matter how many time they've been warned. For me I believe, it's the initial shiny-object syndrome that's apart of the entrepreneurial process.
It took me much too long to learn this lesson. I spent too much time searching for a golden goose business rather than buckling down and building one.

(for those reading an going through this)
No use feeling guilty about it because it happened, since it'll only slow you down.
----Self-induce guilt is like a slow poison.
Acknowledge it and shift gears.
And And,
it gave you a valuable lesson most of us need...
one-trick...
focus.
Majoring... it's powerful man

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Everything is already done and the low-hanging fruits are gone?
Dude. This is why you skew values. Read MJ value arrays from TMF if you forgot about em!

While people are doing a and b. You do a and b + c and d. but BETTER.

Where do you find c and d value skews?
Look at other niche that offer similar products or service, see what value they add and see if you can incorporate them into your own.

create the low-hanging fruits.
As a regular contributor would say it,
blaze your own trail.

There's always a market for better quality and more value, at the same price or a premium.

I don't have the opportunity to start?
Entrepreneurship isn't about waiting.
If you prefer to wait for a miracle, you'll be in line with millions of other lost dreamers.
Just look back at the last few years.
Days bleed into weeks. Weeks digress into months. And months turn into years. Then BOOM decades.
and Oh, you're old.
You got the "i'm too old for this excuse now".

Rocket engines rust man. If you don't start generating fuel and light the ignition.
You'll rust in time.
And time waits for no one.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Permission and Authorities. And shiny-object syndrome. I don't have a background in any of it! How can I start?

Face it, we are all suckers for approval in one way or another. It's woven in our gene to look at what others are doing, compare it to what we're doing, and mimic their actions if it's effective. Even if it means abandoning what process(es) we have built so far. But thing is, this is not always a good thing. To jump ideas and abandon ships. Especially when you want to start building something that stands out from the crowd, and meaningful.
MeAnInGFUL? WhO CaRes aBoUt OtHers?
YOU DO!

Abandoning and jump ships start you over from ground one(arguably, you'll have new knowledge, but you'll be in a new market...). So you're losing time if you jump ships too often.
To pivot your process by incorporating other useful process INTO THAT OF YOUR OWN takes courage and patience, and entrepreneurship demand both at its' finest.

Big bosses like MJ, Kak, Biophase and Vigilante walk this road and many of the others I forgot to name did the same thing! And thank God, that MJ opened this forum and they posted so much f*cking golden nuggets. All for FREE. Search bread crumps and you shall find.

Face it, what they represent may seem immeasurable from where you stand right now, the starting point, because they've climb so far up the hill through grit and tears. And usually we don't hear them talking about the glass swallowing they had to go through. They're busy chewing, walking, and gazing at where they're heading, the very top. They trust their process, they don't need the mediocre crowd to validate their ideas and stroke their ego. Unless it's validation from the market they're going after.

So, permission and authorities. We want others to approve of our process, because we judge our process to be "wrong". Because we put "boxes" of limiting beliefs around us. We're by nature doubtful beings. But thing is, when we dive deeper and question why we need these imaginary "permission or authority" from those around us, we will see that it's all conditioned. It's primed into us like Pavlov's dog by our environment... parents, education, work place. To understand we've been brainwashed and acknowledge it brings clarity to what processes we should follow. Even if it means being doubtful. Because to doubt is to be sane. Only a saint or a fool can be doubtless of their action. We will probably make mistakes, but it will all workout in the end. Especially if they're calculated mistakes.

Value creation seeks no permission. It's like a checkbox, if you create value and the market respond positively, then your process is going somewhere. If you create value, and the market respond negatively, maybe it's time to incorporate something new and pivot, but CONTINUE!!

No process is wrong my friend. Every direction leads you to the stars. You just need to get some fuel and launch... and look back only once in a while! Too much looking back will only slow you down

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Build Something. Move Forward. Take control.

Sometime things may feel out of your control. Life hits you with a curve ball. Your parents decide to kick you out. Your business revenue isn't reaching the target you want. Your mood and energy is not there. Things just aren't working out for you. The way you want.

And what do you do then?

Well, keep on building whatever it is you are setting out to build. If it's a brand, keep going. If it's a sexy body, keep sweating. If it's more energy, keep eating clean and sleep well. Even if you are not getting any reaction or seeing results.

We are all made to be builders. Creators. Inventors. If we are not building something, then we are consuming. There is no in between. It's okay to be a consumer at times, if we earn the rights, but it is imperative that you hop back on your builder's treadmill and not stay a consumer. The builders are always the winner and the consumer are losers in the grand scheme of things. You want to be a builder. You want to be a winner. You want to give back and know you're worth more than a number to some company or government.

Whenever you feel things are out of your control, that is when YOU SHOULD BE BUILDING SOMETHING.

Your body.

Your mind.

your brand.

Your business.

Build. Build. And Build.

Just the act of moving forward even when things aren't making sense is POWERFUL. It shows you who's in control.
Hint: it's you.

When you can take another step even though your lung is squeezed up to your throat. When you can pump out content even if your mind is going blank and you don't know what to say. When you can pull out a smile even though you really want to cry. When you can just do 1 more of whatever it is that needs to be done. Phone call. Email. You name it.

Then you are expanding your ceiling. Your limits. Your potential.

And that's damn admirable.

The journey of a builder is not in the product that he will produce, but ultimately the amalgamation of who he will become. It just happens that who he will become, WILL create the best product, if he never stop trying, fail, improve and try again. Never ever does he kick the bucket.

Keep your head up and secure your self-esteem. Know your vision. Be confident in it. Be Assured. And damn certain that you will do whatever it will take to get it.

It's been 3 months since I started this thread.

My life is getting brighter and better by the day. My mental clarity is at it's all time high. I have systems in place to secure my energy and routine. I know what I want and I will go out and get it. Because I can. My body is getting sculpted to be that of a spartan by the day. My mind is steeled and reforged every week with cold plunges, sauna, and fasting. I'm building my brand and starting to see where systems can be put in place to move things faster. It's slow, but I'm making progress. I know where the angle is at. I will hit it with time.

I'm smiling ears to ears as I walk down the streets. I can hold eye contact with people and look into their souls and listen to their stories. I'm in the process of becoming an effective public speaker.

This has been my way of building my vision for the past few months. To be fair, I'm not making as much money as when I am hustling web design clients last year. In fact, I'm making NONE at the moment. I have enough funds to keep the rent and bills at bay as I go all in on what I'm doing. I have enough money to buy some stock items or visual licenses. I'm okay with all of that. I can see my product and brand touching the lives of people. I see the need. I'm going to do whatever it takes to execute on this need. More about this soon.

I'm 20 currently, turning 21 this summer, and I feel thankful and grateful for this breath that I draw as I finish typing this post. I'm grateful for this platform. I'm grateful for MJ's book. I'm grateful for the contributors on here. I'm grateful for all of the gracious guidance some of you have provided me. It helped shaped my vision. Intensified my clarity. And ask me to demand more of this life and stop playing on easy mode. Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.