The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Power of Lists

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

Deleted50669

Hey everyone, I'd like to share with you the effectiveness of a recent change I've made for myself: using lists. While for many this is a pretty obvious / intuitive practice, it may be a new concept for those who are naturally less organized (like myself).

And it's very simple: every day, make a list of what must get done. This is effective for four reasons. 1) You won't forget to do it. 2) When you do it, crossing it off feels like an achievement, it reminds you that you're being productive. 3) It allows you to prioritize; if something isn't on the list, it shouldn't be done until the stuff on the list is. 4) It allows you to forecast your time investments for the day.

The past week, just before I go to sleep I've been emailing myself a list of things to do for the following day. When I wake up, I have clear instructions for both at work and outside of work. The result has been an overall massive boost in efficiency and productivity. Less things have fallen through the cracks from me forgetting.

Short post, but thought it may be helpful to some. Lists are simple and effective.

- Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Tip: limit the number of items

Makes you more effective on getting things done that matter the most.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I've been doing this for 2 weeks and i've been more productive.
Not that i'm not organised but sometime i'm thinking of something and then it disappear, or it's also to organise my to-dos : 1 ; 2 ; 3..

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey everyone, I'd like to share with you the effectiveness of a recent change I've made for myself: using lists.
I too use a lists coupled with time blocks, to make a working frame for my day. After using lists for all these years, I started a new one this year. I never had a sense of accomplishment because there always more on my list to do. It is so vexing. I never get to the bottom of that revolving list.

So, I now list the major accomplishments in a running list in my calendar file. I list them by the dates along with a brief description. When I'm having a bad day... when someone tells me about myself... when I feel like I'm not getting very far fast... when the world doesn't turn my way... I can review my list and know that what I do counts -- at least for me...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.