The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Potential $100 Trillion Market For Space Mining

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Why does congress or the US Government get to decide who owns what in space?

well the next wars will probably be corporate wars as people fight and die over corporate owned asteroids.
we are 200 years behind mining space rocks though at this rate.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I just want my flying car and self drying clothes........ AND hoverboard.......

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
I just want my flying car and self drying clothes........ AND hoverboard.......
i would like teleportation that would be so easier than to drive cars and you can go anywhere you wanted to go in the world in an instant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
i would like teleportation that would be so easier than to drive cars and you can go anywhere you wanted to go in the world in an instant.

When I have dreams about finding a genie to grant me 3 wishes, this is the first one I wish for.
I would make more money with transportation than I could ever imagine.
My second wish is for more wishes...lol

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
In order for all this to happen space tourism must become a big industry. I believe that if it takes off *pun intended* then more money will be committed to researching cheaper methods of getting rockets and humans into space and back. Once rockets and spaceflight becomes cheaper then space mining can be brought into the equation. I believe space mining is only about a hundred years away because once space tourism booms investment in spaceports and interest in moon bases, traveling to Mars and space mining will all explode!

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
In order for all this to happen space tourism must become a big industry. I believe that if it takes off *pun intended* then more money will be committed to researching cheaper methods of getting rockets and humans into space and back. Once rockets and spaceflight becomes cheaper then space mining can be brought into the equation. I believe space mining is only about a hundred years away because once space tourism booms investment in spaceports and interest in moon bases, traveling to Mars and space mining will all explode!
that's true but i think elon musk is working on that but as you said though, how long is it going to take for space travelling to take off, maybe in the next few decades because the transportation industry is moving really slow when it comes on to change and innovation.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
In order for all this to happen space tourism must become a big industry
That doesn't make much sense from a commercial perspective.

Just look at world travel; all of the exploration was for resources, not recreation.

Im sure there is a lot more money in the resources than in tickets to space at this point.

YoungGun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 2, 2015
that's true but i think elon musk is working on that but as you said though, how long is it going to take for space travelling to take off, maybe in the next few decades because the transportation industry is moving really slow when it comes on to change and innovation.
Elon Musk and SpaceX has driven the costs down dramatically when it comes to rockets. NASA and other government space programs across the world cannot catch up. One reason being is that SpaceX in-sources everything! Outsourcing proved to be inefficient and more costly to them. They decided to engineer every single detail, giving them full control. From the fuel being used to the software that controls a certain pump.

Although, the entry barrier will stay high. Making the space industry profitable for the few that can make it there. :cool:

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
i this a rhetorical question lol , but anyway though i do computer programming
One little software glitch in the transporter code and you finish out your days as a giant jellyfish living under a 20 mile thick ice crust on one of Jupiter`s moons...if you're lucky.

Cheers,
O-2

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
One little software glitch in the transporter code and you finish out your days as a giant jellyfish living under a 20 mile thick ice crust on one of Jupiter`s moons...if you're lucky.

Cheers,
O-2
lol suppose they find a way to transfer you through networks and the connection got hacked or it slowed down.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
still some years to get there, some progress is being made.

ie momentus ipo coming soon and their orbit transfer services. would be nice to be able to cheaply place selected asteroids in orbit for mining or building in space

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.