The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Outer Cube Theory (Royalty Patent)

Anything related to matters of the mind

EarlyElon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 27, 2019
Toronto
Hi,
I came up with what I think is a very interesting theory. It’s completely open for discussion. I’m calling it The Outer Cube Theory

The Outer Cube Theory;

So my patent theory uses the fundamental principles of a regular patent, but it changes how the application is applied. I’ll first give a simple analogy to explain my patent theory. I’ll then compare it to how it could of been applied to the technology behind the internet for a better and more proper understanding.

E1)
Imagine right in front of you there is a three-dimensional cube that has a small piece of clay on the inside. Other than the small piece of clay the cube is completely holo. Now, we all know a 3d cube has six faces with three meeting at each vertex. The only thing holding the entire cube together are the six faces.

I deconstruct the entire cube and there is now six square faces and a small piece of clay on my table. Now what if I were to put a royalty patent on the six faces of the cube, and leave the small piece of clay non-patented. I would still own the entire cube, but I now have a royalty patent on just the bordering faces of the cube.

From an outside perspective you know it's a cube that I own a royalty patent on. However, from an inside perspective you can only see a non-patented piece of clay. The existence of a royalty patent is non-apparent. This is what I call The Outer Cube Theory. Let’s now apply this theory to something more realistic.

E2)
We’re going to use my theory and apply it to something that has revolutionized our modern day society. The idea behind my theory is to apply it to the next big thing. Besides the possibility of using land many centuries ago, I think this is the best modern day example I could think of.

So imagine for a second that I’m the sole person who invented the technology behind the entire internet. This includes every single detail that makes the internet function and work properly. Now what if before I released the entire technology to the public I applied my theory to it.

Using The Outer Cube Theory, I could strategically create a ‘border’ on the technology behind the internet. I make this border only 10% of the entire software, and I include the extremely crucial part of the technology within my border. I then put the royalty patent on that border, before releasing the entire technology to the public.

Now because I strategically implemented the royalty patent on certain parts of the technology. I now decide what is available to the public and what is not.

I want this technology to be self-revolutionizing, so I position myself in a place of little interaction. I know that within my border it’s completely a new system. One where there is an endless amount of opportunity to grow. It’s a new world. I know that eventually companies will come along and make their own regulations to maintain structure. I don’t have to even be apart of that.

However, I initially decided that one of those crucial parts of the technology I patented was the payment processing. So now anytime anyone wants to make money through my technology, they need to use a portion of my patent. So the payments follow up the line, through company to company until it eventually reaches me. From the outside perspective it’s completely clear what’s actually going on. But like The Outer Cube Theory, on an inside perspective the general population will only see a non-patented “piece of clay”

….. Fast forward 10 years or so and people like Bill Gates come along innovating within my technology. Now the multi-billion dollar companies are all being made within my border. Companies like; google, bing, facebook, youtube, and paypal.

I now have a monopoly on a self-revolutionizing business. A business that is completely self sustaining and constantly advancing itself without the need of me at all. It will continue to advance for as long as the technology exists.

But this is all just a theory. May not even be possible. This theory only accounts for fifty percent of what needs to be done. I believe I have the other fifty percent of the idea but I’m not at a stage in my life where I’m ready to invent it.

Best,
EarlyElon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Hi,
I came up with what I think is a very interesting theory. It’s completely open for discussion. I’m calling it The Outer Cube Theory

The Outer Cube Theory;

So my patent theory uses the fundamental principles of a regular patent, but it changes how the application is applied. I’ll first give a simple analogy to explain my patent theory. I’ll then compare it to how it could of been applied to the technology behind the internet for a better and more proper understanding.

E1)
Imagine right in front of you there is a three-dimensional cube that has a small piece of clay on the inside. Other than the small piece of clay the cube is completely holo. Now, we all know a 3d cube has six faces with three meeting at each vertex. The only thing holding the entire cube together are the six faces.

I deconstruct the entire cube and there is now six square faces and a small piece of clay on my table. Now what if I were to put a royalty patent on the six faces of the cube, and leave the small piece of clay non-patented. I would still own the entire cube, but I now have a royalty patent on just the bordering faces of the cube.

From an outside perspective you know it's a cube that I own a royalty patent on. However, from an inside perspective you can only see a non-patented piece of clay. The existence of a royalty patent is non-apparent. This is what I call The Outer Cube Theory. Let’s now apply this theory to something more realistic.

E2)
We’re going to use my theory and apply it to something that has revolutionized our modern day society. The idea behind my theory is to apply it to the next big thing. Besides the possibility of using land many centuries ago, I think this is the best modern day example I could think of.

So imagine for a second that I’m the sole person who invented the technology behind the entire internet. This includes every single detail that makes the internet function and work properly. Now what if before I released the entire technology to the public I applied my theory to it.

Using The Outer Cube Theory, I could strategically create a ‘border’ on the technology behind the internet. I make this border only 10% of the entire software, and I include the extremely crucial part of the technology within my border. I then put the royalty patent on that border, before releasing the entire technology to the public.

Now because I strategically implemented the royalty patent on certain parts of the technology. I now decide what is available to the public and what is not.

I want this technology to be self-revolutionizing, so I position myself in a place of little interaction. I know that within my border it’s completely a new system. One where there is an endless amount of opportunity to grow. It’s a new world. I know that eventually companies will come along and make their own regulations to maintain structure. I don’t have to even be apart of that.

However, I initially decided that one of those crucial parts of the technology I patented was the payment processing. So now anytime anyone wants to make money through my technology, they need to use a portion of my patent. So the payments follow up the line, through company to company until it eventually reaches me. From the outside perspective it’s completely clear what’s actually going on. But like The Outer Cube Theory, on an inside perspective the general population will only see a non-patented “piece of clay”

….. Fast forward 10 years or so and people like Bill Gates come along innovating within my technology. Now the multi-billion dollar companies are all being made within my border. Companies like; google, bing, facebook, youtube, and paypal.

I now have a monopoly on a self-revolutionizing business. A business that is completely self sustaining and constantly advancing itself without the need of me at all. It will continue to advance for as long as the technology exists.

But this is all just a theory. May not even be possible. This theory only accounts for fifty percent of what needs to be done. I believe I have the other fifty percent of the idea but I’m not at a stage in my life where I’m ready to invent it.

Best,
EarlyElon
You might have something, but it seems pretty abstract to me.. get out of your head and take some action

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I don't follow your conclusion, but open source tech comes to mind.

WordPress is a good example. Create a platform worth billions, and insert yourself as a player with hosting and WooCommerce.

EarlyElon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 27, 2019
Toronto
I don't follow your conclusion, but open source tech comes to mind.

WordPress is a good example. Create a platform worth billions, and insert yourself as a player with hosting and WooCommerce.

The goal of my theory is for it to be applied to a new category in society. The theory I came up with is only the application, not the actual category. So realistically you can have the know how on the application, but you need the other 50% of the idea for it to be applied.

I think the initial backend internet is a great example because it's considered to be the founding of a new category in society. It's something that's revolutionized the way our world operates.

I can see how you came up with Wordpress, and yes I do believe it's a good idea. But I think it's not the right type of scale or application. Wordpress is already within the border of a pre-existing category. I believe you need to create the next "Category" apply the theory, and allow for the "Wordpresses" to be created within your Category.

Now, I don't see this theory getting you personally rich. I think it's something that's will set-up your bloodline to inherit the monopoly. At this stage in my life, I'm focused on my tech companies, and a few blue collar businesses. It won't be for at least another 10 years that I'd even try something like this.

I'm merely posting this here so one day I can come back and see a log of my thoughts as a 19 year old kid. I think it's a really abstract type of thinking, and maybe these type of posts will introduce me to other people who like to think outside of the box. Other visionaries.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.