The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Next B&P

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Hey guys, what's everyone thinking for the next B&P? Around the same time of year?

Same city?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
No way.... let's get everyone to Montana!!! ;) hehe (I know, fat chance)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
No, not yet. I haven't made all the progress I aimed for before the next meetup.:smx4:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I was thinking around March-ish. I'm open to wherever you guys want to go. All I know for sure is that I'm going to get there about 3-4 days ahead of the actual meeting.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
MJ- you wanna hop in on this one? Your forum, your call. If you don't pick Phoenix, please pick someplace warm. :)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
...Another thought I wanted to throw out there, is that maybe if we have the B&P in different cities, we could coordinate the meetup with a seminar that most of the members would like to attend. For example, Marketing Sherpa is having a seminar in Miami from March 15-17. I would love to go to that, and I'd also love to go as a group so we can discuss things afterwards. ...Doesn't have to be ebiz related- just throwing that out there.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Washington DC is lovely in March... the National Cherry Blossom festival is great (and I don't have to pay airline tickets to get there). I will probably also be there, wherever "there" is...

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
...Another thought I wanted to throw out there, is that maybe if we have the B&P in different cities, we could coordinate the meetup with a seminar that most of the members would like to attend. For example, Marketing Sherpa is having a seminar in Miami from March 15-17. I would love to go to that, and I'd also love to go as a group so we can discuss things afterwards. ...Doesn't have to be ebiz related- just throwing that out there.

Love, Love, Love this idea. Tried to rep ++ you - - but have to spread some love first.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yves, I also think this is a great idea.

It satisfies the "guest speaker" thing without costing us bazillions of dollars. ;)

A few years ago, we saw Garett Sutton do a 3 hour course on corporate structure that was AMAZING. Highly recommend it.

Hey, has anyone asked Diane Kennedy what's she's going to be doing around that time? An affordable tax strategies seminar that we could "tailgate" would be awesome, too!

-Russ H.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
You can't miss with Las Vegas! Give everybody a tax deductable reason to head down to Sin City. Also the flights are cheaper there than just about anywhere in the country.

- Hakrjak

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
You can't miss with Las Vegas! Give everybody a tax deductable reason to head down to Sin City. Also the flights are cheaper there than just about anywhere in the country.

- Hakrjak

The last time I was in Vegas was for CES '04. I'm guessing things haven't changed much? lol ;) kidding

I didn't know that about the flights.

D

DeletedUser394

Venez-vous ici?

lol, come to Montreal in the great white north...that way I can attend :coco::smx4::coco:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I think we should all meet before the official meeting and go skydiving!:banana:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'm all for Montana. Flights can be expensive though.

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
Let's meet in Australia - write off the trip, go swimming, snorkelling, sky diving, boating, play golf, hike in the mountains, sit on the beach and do nothing, visit some nice vineyards, play with some koalas, etc. Oh, and have a cool meeting as well!

If you guys come down here, I promise I'll teach you some cool stuff.

Not to mention, you can really throw a shrimp on the "barbie" and our preferred beer in my area doesn't have a name. It's called "XXXX" - no joke! ;-)

Daniel.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Daniel-

I used to visit Oz every year or so (spent most of my time in the Barossa).

(. . . sigh . . .)

You live in a wonderful place. Aussies are some of the coolest people I've ever met in my entire life.

One of our PLAN goals is to spend a year in Oz w/the kids, once we retire (a few years from now).

-Russ H.

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
Thanks, Russ, and you're always welcome down here. If you do decide to drop in, let me know. You'll get the grand tour (of a small part of my state, since it takes almost 8 hours to fly from one end to the other) as well!

That said, I've only ever been to NYC, and if you can call landing at Newark and taking a bus to JFK "being in NJ", then I've also been in NJ! hehee... I'll have to visit CA one day. One of my friends was driving home from work once and saw the turnoff to the airport on the freeway, so he took it, parked his car, bought a ticket and flew to LA. Maybe I should be that spontaneous!

Daniel.

ChrisS417

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 24, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I'm all for Montana. Flights can be expensive though.

No way.... let's get everyone to Montana!!! ;) hehe (I know, fat chance)

ATW: are you sure you want everyone to know about your little secret paradise? :smxB:

I just spent a week and a half in Missoula with my aunt and uncle (who became RE investors after selling their business called the Trail Head) and fell in love with the place. Definately on the list of places I want to end up!

I vote for Montana!

Bligefisher: yes flying in and out can be quite pricey! I think it was around $500 for me round trip from St Louis to Missoula.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
australianinvestor said:
One of my friends was driving home from work once and saw the turnoff to the airport on the freeway, so he took it, parked his car, bought a ticket and flew to LA. Maybe I should be that spontaneous!
Back in the early 90s, I was in New York visiting a good friend. I was there for a few days, and he had nothing important due for at least a week (unusual for both of us, as we were very, very busy theater designers).

He opens the paper on Sunday morning and they have last-minute trips to Paris for $400, round trip. So he says, "This is crazy. We both love Paris-- let's grab a taxi and go, we'll be back in a week!"

I didn't have my passport. It was the ONLY reason I didn't go.

(I did go that year, and many years thereafter).

After that trip, though, I *always* traveled w/my passport. Didn't matter where I was going.

I didn't want that kind of opportunity to slip by again.

-Russ H.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'd like to volunteer my services to help set this one up. Not sure where folks want to go though. Perhaps a vote would be in order.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Well, 2 key things last year were

1. Centrally located* (not on either coast), and

2. Cheap flights.

Vegas and Phoenix tend to be the winners in the low price category, at least the last time I checked.

That may have changed, though.

Also important is cost of hotel, meeting space, and cost of getting to the hotel from the airport.

IMPORTANT:

We had also discussed timing this along with someone else's presentation/workshop/seminar, so that we'd get kind of a "guest speaker" without having to pay the big bucks.

Someone also threw out the idea of a cruise.

Any other items I'm forgetting?

-Russ H.

*With apologies to our international members, as the location chosen is only central for those living in North America. :sorry:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
2. Cheap flights.
Vegas and Phoenix tend to be the winners in the low price category, at least the last time I checked.
Also important is cost of hotel, meeting space, and cost of getting to the hotel from the airport.
IMPORTANT:

We had also discussed timing this along with someone else's presentation/workshop/seminar, so that we'd get kind of a "guest speaker" without having to pay the big bucks.

I believe Vegas may be a good choice to fit those criteria. If folks want to change the venue slightly. The downside, March starts the busy season in Vegas. As far as I can tell though with revenues down 55% this year, there should be some really good deals on the horizon.

I'd like to throw Denver in the mix as well. As much as I'd like to travel to other locations, DIA flights are reasonable, I can check into presentations and meeting area. Hotels vary like any major city. Some are as cheap as $29 a night, but I can check on that as well if folks are interested in Colorado. And for you ski bums out there, our Ski resorts didn't close until June this year. Downside to Denver in March, weather is extremely unpredictable. 2 years ago we had 80 degree weather followed by blizzard conditions followed by 80 degrees, then blizzard again in a span of 4 days. As far as cost from the airport, depends on the number of people, but the Bilgefisher Taxi service is pretty cheap.(The driver is a bit of a wiseass though) I only live 15 mins from the airport.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007

2. Cheap flights.

IMPORTANT:

Someone also threw out the idea of a cruise.

Any other items I'm forgetting?

-Russ H.

*With apologies to our international members, as the location chosen is only central for those living in North America. :sorry:

Vegas may be a good option considering weather, flight, hotel and food. Hotels and food tend to be cheaper in gambling cites...

Cashflow v. poker, wait, I've got two hands! :groove:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bilge-

Those are some significant advantages!

Phoenix has the advantage of being MJ's home, so we stand a better chance (I think) of having him be a part of things if we're there (can't say this for sure, though).

Also, Diane Kennedy has an office in Phoenix or nearby (I think), so we might be able to do something here.

However, I distinctly remember that last year's B&P was just before tax time, making it impossible for Diane to attend or help out.

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.