The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The middleman between creator and consumer

Excalibur0047

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 7, 2017
United States
To preface this, I am not talking about being simply an IT wizard because that is not my specialty nor is it fastlane. I am talking about being the person debuting new and exciting technology and creations in ways that the layman can understand.

Many programmers and technicians I have talked to have repeatedly said that, when talking to an "average" consumer, it is often more difficult then it should be to explain how something works or how to fix certain issues should one come across them. And talking to many consumers, they believe that a programmer or technician will just write a few pieces of code or slap a different piece of equipment on and call it good where, in reality, it takes vast amounts of time and effort to actually fix many of the problems in the technology industry.

An idea I had was to be the middleman explaining in laymans terms how things are done to consumers and elaborating what the consumer wants to techincians so both sides not only have a more pleasant experience dealing with one another, but they, hopefully, grow to like and accept the other side more.

One inspiration that made me think of this was when I watched a press release for Bethesda studios talking about how they were going about developing the "Elder Scrolls VI". When asked on how they were going to accomplish the development of the game with that great of scope, they simply said, "I can't tell you that because, if we tried to expain it, you would think that what we are doing was impossible." That struck a bad chord with me because I know many people who would absolutely love to hear the technical points of development but they were denied it because the technicians find it to difficult to talk about with an average consumer.

I was wondering, if I could bridge that gap and bring a mutual understanding to both sides, would that be a marketable idea or would that simply be another job on the assembly line of the slowlane?

What are your guys' thoughts? Questions on things that I didn't elaborate or would like me to expand on? Leave them in the comments below.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
To preface this, I am not talking about being simply an IT wizard because that is not my specialty nor is it fastlane. I am talking about being the person debuting new and exciting technology and creations in ways that the layman can understand.

Many programmers and technicians I have talked to have repeatedly said that, when talking to an "average" consumer, it is often more difficult then it should be to explain how something works or how to fix certain issues should one come across them. And talking to many consumers, they believe that a programmer or technician will just write a few pieces of code or slap a different piece of equipment on and call it good where, in reality, it takes vast amounts of time and effort to actually fix many of the problems in the technology industry.

An idea I had was to be the middleman explaining in laymans terms how things are done to consumers and elaborating what the consumer wants to techincians so both sides not only have a more pleasant experience dealing with one another, but they, hopefully, grow to like and accept the other side more.

One inspiration that made me think of this was when I watched a press release for Bethesda studios talking about how they were going about developing the "Elder Scrolls VI". When asked on how they were going to accomplish the development of the game with that great of scope, they simply said, "I can't tell you that because, if we tried to expain it, you would think that what we are doing was impossible." That struck a bad chord with me because I know many people who would absolutely love to hear the technical points of development but they were denied it because the technicians find it to difficult to talk about with an average consumer.

I was wondering, if I could bridge that gap and bring a mutual understanding to both sides, would that be a marketable idea or would that simply be another job on the assembly line of the slowlane?

What are your guys' thoughts? Questions on things that I didn't elaborate or would like me to expand on? Leave them in the comments below.

Can you scale, this idea? I come from an IT background myself and have seen this issue 1000s of times. If you can scale this idea and spread it out, then it might be worth a shot. You gotta think of the potential, market size for this idea. Are customers, that desperate to pay for this idea? Just some food, for thought.....

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.