Well - they say "the love of money is the root of all evil"...
I don't know if love of anything can be the root of any evil
Yesterday I finished reading The Snowball - Warren Buffett and the business of life - his great biography. Today I started reading Titan - biography of John D. Rockefeller.
What's striking is the fact that both of them love money. Ron Chernow calls it "sensual love of money". They have deeply emotional relationship with money.
We are being told not to love money, and not to think about money - but to think about value. Well - they both were thinking about money compulsively - yet they still provided value.
It reminds me the situation with men who love women - most of women love them back. You'll probably get more women while loving them than hating and being affraid of them. Right?
So - here I'm asking people who succeeded - do you love money? And do you think it helps to get more of them (while still giving value to others)?
Rafal
I don't know if love of anything can be the root of any evil
Yesterday I finished reading The Snowball - Warren Buffett and the business of life - his great biography. Today I started reading Titan - biography of John D. Rockefeller.
What's striking is the fact that both of them love money. Ron Chernow calls it "sensual love of money". They have deeply emotional relationship with money.
We are being told not to love money, and not to think about money - but to think about value. Well - they both were thinking about money compulsively - yet they still provided value.
It reminds me the situation with men who love women - most of women love them back. You'll probably get more women while loving them than hating and being affraid of them. Right?
So - here I'm asking people who succeeded - do you love money? And do you think it helps to get more of them (while still giving value to others)?
Rafal
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
