- Joined
- Dec 12, 2021
- Messages
- 67
Rep Bank
$580
$580
User Power: 118%
Hey everyone,
I have been offered a job following a year of university, in which I have worked there for free (yes, I know).
My entrepreneur mindset is in infancy as it was only late 2021 when I first considered doing anything besides the predestined career I had been pursuing my entire teenage life (which was sadly after accepting to work for free :-/ ). Since stumbling across TMF online and picking it up, my perspective has rapidly mutated.
Whenever I get the chance I'm reading into business and it's something I feel passionate about for my own reasons. Yet, my 'old' mindset still lingers - it fills me with doubt and fear. I think this is partially attributed to myself not having generated a specific business idea to focus on, so I'm currently researching entrepreneurship generally. I'm not used to a lack of a specific end goal/focus, and it leaves me feeling lost.
I have one year remaining at university, which I will complete, after which I'm uncertain. If I take this job now, I'm sure it will dampen my pursuit of entrepreneurship. The work combined with university leaves me exhausted, and quite simply I don't enjoy the job. Whilst rereading what I have just typed makes the choice seem obvious, I'm struggling to shake the FOMO of not taking the job... 'it would be good for your CV', 'it will get your foot in the door', 'what if the business thing doesn't pan out?' are all responses I have had from people when I have asked them for advice, all of which translate into nagging thoughts. All this for a job I don't like and all of which are irrelevant to the pursuit of entrepreneurship, HA!
From writing this out, I think the problem is my mindset. I'm stuck in the middle and, whilst I'm passionate about entrepreneurship, I am struggling to shake the final pieces of my 'old' mindset. Although I'm 'only 20' as others have said, I feel a constant urgency to keep progressing to where I want to be - I worry taking this job could hold me back.
Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you all.
I have been offered a job following a year of university, in which I have worked there for free (yes, I know).
My entrepreneur mindset is in infancy as it was only late 2021 when I first considered doing anything besides the predestined career I had been pursuing my entire teenage life (which was sadly after accepting to work for free :-/ ). Since stumbling across TMF online and picking it up, my perspective has rapidly mutated.
Whenever I get the chance I'm reading into business and it's something I feel passionate about for my own reasons. Yet, my 'old' mindset still lingers - it fills me with doubt and fear. I think this is partially attributed to myself not having generated a specific business idea to focus on, so I'm currently researching entrepreneurship generally. I'm not used to a lack of a specific end goal/focus, and it leaves me feeling lost.
I have one year remaining at university, which I will complete, after which I'm uncertain. If I take this job now, I'm sure it will dampen my pursuit of entrepreneurship. The work combined with university leaves me exhausted, and quite simply I don't enjoy the job. Whilst rereading what I have just typed makes the choice seem obvious, I'm struggling to shake the FOMO of not taking the job... 'it would be good for your CV', 'it will get your foot in the door', 'what if the business thing doesn't pan out?' are all responses I have had from people when I have asked them for advice, all of which translate into nagging thoughts. All this for a job I don't like and all of which are irrelevant to the pursuit of entrepreneurship, HA!
From writing this out, I think the problem is my mindset. I'm stuck in the middle and, whilst I'm passionate about entrepreneurship, I am struggling to shake the final pieces of my 'old' mindset. Although I'm 'only 20' as others have said, I feel a constant urgency to keep progressing to where I want to be - I worry taking this job could hold me back.
Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you all.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
