The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Great Rat-Race Escape by MJ DeMarco, Now Available (All formats!)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
I got my Rat Race Escape e-book today and I'm excited on what new value this book provides.

Loop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jul 21, 2019
I bought TGRRE several weeks ago and I still read it when I have free time. Congrats MJ for the new book release.

1630406561591.png

testuser

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 23, 2015
Hey MJ,

Not expected to post anything on this forum (not sure if this is the right thread) but something intrigued me about your new book. I'm about 75% in. Great read overall. I have read TMF some years ago. Failed some businesses since. Did finally quit my day job last year and could live of a mediocre affiliate website (not making CENTS I know..) in travelling which actually performed pretty good, until COVID hits.... Now working on a new business that makes CENTS in the financial/trading industry as I gained a lot of knowledge about this the last few years and saw many problems during this period (especially for beginning traders). Also learned a lot about online marketing and selling my knowledge as a freelancer in the meantime. I actually never stopped persuing starting and/or improving my ventures ever since. So thanks for that :)

One thing that intrigued me is that the Trottmans represents the life I currently have. When I started reading TMF I was single, now I have a girlfriend and two kids. Can tell that this makes a huge difference pursuing the fastlane and certainly complicates things. I also lived frugally and started saving money some years before reading TMF and starting my first "business".

Anyhow, that is not the reason for posting. The one thing that intrigued me the most is you mentioned some guy named "Wolfgang Druckenheimer" who discovered the cure for cancer. Might sound weird but cancer always intrigued me. Not that anyone I know or myself has cancer or anything but because so many people are dying of it. So one of my live goals is to prevent getting cancer (as far as I can control it) by living healthy etc. But for some reason, I can't find any information on "Wolfgang Druckenheimer" and his cure. It's like he was deleted from the internet on purpose by Big Pharma... i'm really intrigued what his cure is. But can't find it anywhere. Could you share any information on this guy and his cure (or where to find it)?

Thanks!

P.s. your new book inspired me once again to dedicate my time to things that matter. I was drifting for the last twelve months or so. Mainly because COVID wrecked my business but also missing a spark. Reading your new book fired that spark again. Most productive week I had in months!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyhow, that is not the reason for posting. The one thing that intrigued me the most is you mentioned some guy named "Wolfgang Druckenheimer" who discovered the cure for cancer.

:rofl: You must of have missed the section in the book where I say "Wolfgang and his cure are fictional" -- not sure what page is on, but I'm 100% sure it states this.

Glad you found value in the book. :)

testuser

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 23, 2015
:rofl: You must of have missed the section in the book where I say "Wolfgang and his cure are fictional" -- not sure what page is on, but I'm 100% sure it states this.

Glad you found value in the book. :)
Damn.... I totally missed that... Been searching for this guy for a few days :rofl: Can imagine the smile on your face when reading this...

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
Celebrate REAL INDEPENDENCE on your INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
@MJ DeMarco
So excited I can’t wait to read it and utilize it… keep doing what you doing it gets the supercharged cars in the garage to be driven lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Had to buy it for the 2nd time. :) just got it today. Lent it to a friend and a month later I already want to re-review it.

JonnySel007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 19, 2021
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
I've listened to the audiobook version on Audible. I really loved how MJ made a story out of escaping the rat race, it got me hooked and learning some things I didn't know of beforehand. Thanks for writing this book, MJ. :)

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
Hey MJ,

Not expected to post anything on this forum (not sure if this is the right thread) but something intrigued me about your new book. I'm about 75% in. Great read overall. I have read TMF some years ago. Failed some businesses since. Did finally quit my day job last year and could live of a mediocre affiliate website (not making CENTS I know..) in travelling which actually performed pretty good, until C0VlD hits.... Now working on a new business that makes CENTS in the financial/trading industry as I gained a lot of knowledge about this the last few years and saw many problems during this period (especially for beginning traders). Also learned a lot about online marketing and selling my knowledge as a freelancer in the meantime. I actually never stopped persuing starting and/or improving my ventures ever since. So thanks for that :)

One thing that intrigued me is that the Trottmans represents the life I currently have. When I started reading TMF I was single, now I have a girlfriend and two kids. Can tell that this makes a huge difference pursuing the fastlane and certainly complicates things. I also lived frugally and started saving money some years before reading TMF and starting my first "business".

Anyhow, that is not the reason for posting. The one thing that intrigued me the most is you mentioned some guy named "Wolfgang Druckenheimer" who discovered the cure for cancer. Might sound weird but cancer always intrigued me. Not that anyone I know or myself has cancer or anything but because so many people are dying of it. So one of my live goals is to prevent getting cancer (as far as I can control it) by living healthy etc. But for some reason, I can't find any information on "Wolfgang Druckenheimer" and his cure. It's like he was deleted from the internet on purpose by Big Pharma... i'm really intrigued what his cure is. But can't find it anywhere. Could you share any information on this guy and his cure (or where to find it)?

Thanks!

P.s. your new book inspired me once again to dedicate my time to things that matter. I was drifting for the last twelve months or so. Mainly because C0VlD wrecked my business but also missing a spark. Reading your new book fired that spark again. Most productive week I had in months!

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
@MJ DeMarco
Already ordered it should be arriving Wednesday. Thank you for key to the world of our life’s. Better future, better life. Freedom.

heysander

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 1, 2018
The Netherlands
Just finished it! Beautiful piece and really enjoyed the mix of fiction with a progressing timeline and the intermezzos / reflections, in which I constantly looked forward reading further about the Trotmans. This was a real pageturner for me.

D

Deleted70138

You inc Annual Report is such a simple and effective concept. Just this idea was worth reading book, not to mention other great ideas.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi ! I want to buy this book for my french friend. Do you know when it will available in french ?

At least a year, that's how long translations and publications take.

Xavior

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 28, 2020

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Just finished it right now. While The Millionaire fastlane is still my favorite, I like the fact that you incorporated real life example especially with the recent happenings in the world. Thanks MJ, you really inspire me to remember "the matrix". To hold on to the possibility to escape the rat race and to swich sides and be a scientist(ps thats what I had said back in grade 4, you know the old what you wanna be when you grow up? haha, blame movies). You sir are the real Anti guru legend!!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
hello @MJ DeMarco this big aron, long time,
just read rat -race here in cold arse norway and boy what a story mate! Great job you can give some of these so called NYT best sellers a run for their money now!!!
hope all is well and this book should really be the last book anyone needs to read albeit they read specific books in their respective industries.

cheers mate

capito

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 5, 2021
I read it ... and I felt very connected to the story and its characters.
I never thought that MJ would write a 3rd book. Unscripted seemed unbeatable.
TGRRE takes up the most important aspects of his previous books, expands and develops it in a different format. A guide that goes hand in hand with a non-fiction novel, which it was very pleasant to read. It is a book where everything fits perfectly.
Another jewel for the crown!

bangL

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 31, 2021

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Hi MJ,

Thank you for your books and creating this forum for us. Your books are definitely my life-changer. Your books opened the door to many possibilities in the entrepreneur world that I didn't even think was possible before. Yes, no doubt the journey is challenging, but like you said, I rather die failing than not trying.

Your 3As strategy doesn't just apply to business. It can be apply to almost everything that required problem solving!! I used it when I failed a test, in poor friendships, and even when I have a bad day to troubleshoot what went wrong and how I can improve. It is so, so useful in my life and changed the way how I approach the world.

I love your tone, animated voice, energy. Your voice is chill, yet powerful, not like some intellectual college professor who bore you to sleep, but actually like my close friend giving me the wake up call. The Sam and Jeff story was a killer. There is no better way than how you format it in the book. That story really open my eyes that anything is possible with the right mindset and strategies.

Thank you again! I will definitely keep your strategies in mind as I continue fighting for my freedom.

Cheers!
Bang

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Can't wait to complete my DeMarco collection which is a trilogy now

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK

GaborBG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jan 22, 2021
Germany

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 37981

View attachment 37974
Is a Nice book. It's clear everything that was in the previews books.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.